17.

Special Ability

Minyoung plunged into her bed. "I'm so tired!"

"Yah! Go wash up!" Sungyeol was pulling Minyoung.

"I'm so lazy to get up." Minyoung reluctantly walked to the bathroom.

Sungyeol chuckled at the sight.

Twenty minutes later, Minyoung came out from the bathroom. "I feel good" She spread out her arms and stretched.

"Oppa. I don't understand why unnie is acting so weird. Plus,she's asking lots of questions about you and Infinite." Minyoung sat at the dressing table while she comb her hair.

"It is because Jia Min likes Hoya." said Sungyeol.

"What?!" Minyoung turned around and looked at Sungyeol who was sitting on her bed.

"Shhh, do you want everyone to get up from bed?" Sungyeol put a finger to her lips.

"Why is my heart beating so fast?! Oh my god. What is this weird feeling?"

"Yah, are you okay?" Sungyeol waved his hands infront of her face.

Minyoung snapped out of her thought.

"So-sorry, my bad. I just don't get it. What does liking Hoya oppa got to do with her change of attitude?" asked Minyoung.

"You don't get the picture, do you?" asked Sungyeol.

"Urrrr, what picture?" asked Minyoung sheepishly.

Sungyeol facepalmed himself. "Nevermind, just listen. When she saw Hoya adjusting the cap for you, she doesn't seem to like it."

"She doesn't seem to like it?" 

Sungyeol wanted to strangle Minyoung. Literally.

"Are you that dense? She likes Hoya."

"Ohhhh.....so what I can I do to make her feel better?" asked Minyoung.

"Why must you please her?"

"I-." Minyoung paused. That struck her. Why must she please everybody in this house? 

"They didn't even treat you like a family. Did they?" questioned Sungyeol.

Minyoung kept quiet. She doesn't know why but suddenly tears formed in her eyes. "Family... Dad, Mum..."

"Yah, are you crying?" asked Sungyeol.

Minyoung burst into tears.

Sungyeol doesn't know what to do.

He went to Minyoung and awkwardly hugged her.

"I miss my dad and mum." she sobbed. 

"Wait here." Sungyeol got up and walked out of her room.

Minyoung wasn't even paying attention to what Sungyeol said. 

Then, Sungyeol entered her room.

"Here, eat some. You'll feel better." Sungyeol gave Minyoung a bar of chocolate.

Minyoung sniffled and looked at him. She then took the chocolate.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Oppa! Look at this! Puahahahha-" Sungyeol covered Minyoung's mouth. "Yah! Do you want to wake everyone up in the house?" 

"Oops. I just wanted to show you this video. It's so funny!" Minyoung pointed at the screen.

"What just happened? One minute she's crying and now she's laughing. Girls can be scary." Sungyeol looked at Minyoung.

"What are you looking at, Sungyeol oppa?" asked Minyoung.

"Nothing. Oh yeah, I thought you wanted to show me a video." said Sungyeol.

"Oh oh! Let me show you! It's like the funniest video I've seen in my entire life. Did you see Kwang Soo's face? It looks like a toad and-" 

Minyoung goes on and on about the video.

"I'm glad that she's back to her usual self." "Thank you, Kwang Toad for making her laugh." thought Sungyeol.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

The sun shone persistently at Minyoung.

Annoyed, she turned to the other side of her bed.

Unable to sleep, she woke up. She saw Sungyeol on the sofa.

"Hmmm. He's actually handsome and tall. It'll be nice if he's my boyfri- Yah, yah! What was I thinking?! He's just a friend. FRIEND. Remember!" She brushed those thoughts away and went to the bathroom.

She then replayed what happened yesterday.

"Oh my god. Oppa hugged me yesterday!" she started fangirling.

"Oh no, My horrible face. How am I suppose to face him?!"

She washed up and changed to comfortable clothes.

Just then, her cellphone rang.

"NOOOONNNAAAA! Wanna hang out today?" 

Minyoung chuckled. "Sure, Sunjong!"

"Yah! LEE SUNG JONG! Pass me the phone! Oh, Hi , Minyoung! "

"Oh , okay, Sunggyu oppa. Where are we going?"

"Hunt for clothings and then to a party." said Sunggyu.

"Party?" asked Minyoung.

"Yup. Woo bin sunbae's is throwing a party tonight." 

"Woo bin? It's okay oppa, I'll feel awkward. Plus, I don't even know him." 

"Don't worry. He won't bite! Besides, he knows you! Alright, one of us will pick you at 11. Bye!"

"But-" Before she could even protest, they hung up the phone.

"Who's that?" asked Sungyeol.

"Oh, o-oppa. You're awake. It's Sunggyu oppa. He said that Woo Bin sunbae is throwing a party tonight and they're tagging me along." said Minyoung.

"Woo bin hyung? You should go! It'll be a blast!" said Sungyeol.

"I'll think about it later. I have to prepare breakfast." 

"Thank god, he doesn't talk about me crying horribly yesterday." thought Minyoung.

Sungyeol wanted to tell her that it's not her responsibility to prepare breakfast everyday but kept quiet. "Alright."

Minyoung went to the kitchen and prepared breakfast.

Just then, Jia Min, Jia Sim and her stepmother came down.

"Yah, Kim Min Young. Did you get a job as I told you to?" asked her stepmother.

"Ummm, no. Not yet." said Minyoung.

"Umma! How am I suppose to buy a dress for today's party?!" Jia Sim glared at Minyoung and went to the kitchen.

"Get a job by today and wash all the clothings today. " Her stepmother walked away.

"Umma's going out with her friends. Jia Sim and I are going to a party later." said Jia Min as she walked to the kitchen.

"Usually, unnie will invite me to any events or parties she's going but now, she doesn't."

"Oh okay. I'll be in my room." said Minyoung as she walked to her room.

"Oppa! "

"What?" asked Sungyeol.

"I just don't understand."

"Understand what?" asked Sungyeol.

"Why is unnie still mad at me? I thought I made it clear that Hoya oppa and I are friends." said Minyoung.

"I will never undertand girls." Sungyeol muttered under his breath.

"I didn't catch that, oppa." said Minyoung.

"Ummm, she doesn't trust you. She thinks that Hoya might like you. " said Sungyeol.

"But oppa. She shouldn't be made at me, right?"

"True but if I were you, I worry less about her and get ready as it is gonna be 11am." Sungyeol pointed out.

"Oh, no! It's 10.58 already! I'll be right back!." Minyoung grabbed her skirt and dashed into the bathroom.

"Oppa! I don't have time to wash all the clothings!" said Minyoung.

" They'll wash it." said Sungyeol.

"B-but" Before Minyoung could say what she wanted, Sungyeol said "Time is ticking."

Minyoung heaved a sigh and went downstairs.

"Don't sigh, you'll get old faster." chided Sungyeol.

Just then the bell rang. "I'll get it!" said Minyoung.

But Jia Min was a step ahead of Minyoung.

"Hi there! Is Minyoung here?"

"Uh-oh. This is not good." said Sungyeol.

Minyoung gave him a puzzled look.

"Look who's at the door." said Sungyeol.

Feeling curious, Minyoung complied without any further questions.

She finally understood what Sungyeol meant.

Hoya was standing outside.