10.

Special Ability

"Class, turn to page 246." said Mr Park, a history teacher.

Minyoung was sitting behind alone.

"Where is Sungyeol-sshi?"

"Yah, panda. I need you to get to the hospital as soon as possible." Sungyeol was panting.

Minyoung was startled.

She then took out her notebook.

Instead of whispering, she wrote in down in her notebook. She learnt from her mistake which is never, ever talk to supernatural stuff in public. People'll think you're insane.

Why? We're going after school ends. 

"I know but a sasaeng fan is coming to the hospital with her friends!" said Sungyeol.

Sasaeng fan? Her friends? How did you know?

"Well, after wandering around your school, I heard your sister, which I believe is involved." explained Sungyeol. "Oh, and she did mention something about her Daniel oppa." 

Step-sister. Well, that's Jia Sim. Why worry so much? 

"My bad. Firstly, she and her sasaeng friends are going to the hospital and god knows what they'll do to me. Secondly, she and her friends are very obsessive and thirdly, you can't possibly reach there on time because you're using a bicycle. They're using a car which is ten times faster."

I agree with the first and second point but not the third.  Don't overestimate my bicycle. Trust me. I'll get there first.

"Pffhht, we'll see about it. Just get there fast, okay?"

I've planned everything.

"Kim Min Young, mind telling us briefly what we just read?" asked Mr Park.

"Crap."

"It's about King Seonjo. He was the fourteenth king of the Joseon Dynasty. He encouraged Confucianism and renovating state affairs at the beginning of the reign, although political chaos and his incompetent leadership during the Japanese invasions of Korea marred his later years." said Sungyeol.

Without hesitation, Minyoung said everything that she had heard from Sungyeol.

"Good, you're paying attention." Mr Park continued the lesson.

Oh my god. Thank you so much Sungyeol-sshi. I owe you one.

"No problem." Sungyeol smiled.

You're so smart! Do you like History?

"Of course. I'm Sungyeol the great! Do I like History? More like love history." Sungyeol smirked.

Minyoung can't help but to smile at Sungyeol.

"Now remember to read about King Injo. There'll be a test.  Class dismiss." said Mr Park.

"LET'S GO, PANDA!" Sungyeol tugged Minyoung's sleeves.

"Alright, alright. I've planned everything already so don't worry. " said Minyoung. 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Where are we going?" asked Sungyeol while following Minyoung.

"Just follow me and stop asking questions. I'm not going to sell you off." said Minyoung.

They walked to her locker.

"What? All the way to your locker? This is your plan?" Sungyeol was dumbfounded.

"Can't I put my books in the locker? And Sungyeol-sshi. I know what I'm doing. Just relax" Minyoung put her books into her locker and closed it.

Just then, she heard girls screaming and running towards the crowded area.

Minyoung walked towards the crowd and looked around for Daniel.

"There he is."

Minyoung texted Jia Sim. "Daniel's here. Girls are clinging onto him." 

In the blink of an eye, Jia Sim and her friends were there.

"Let's get out of here." she said and walked to her bicycle.

"Smart." Sungyeol thought.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

They reached the hospital in 20 minutes.

They quickly went to the 5th floor and walked to room 512.

"Sungyeol-sshi, are you ready?" asked Minyoung.

"Yes, I am. Now, open sesame." Sungyeol tried to open the door by using that phrase.

Minyoung hit Sungyeol's head lightly and opened the door.

"What was that for?" asked Sungyeol.

"For being a 'smarty-pants'. " Minyoung walked into the room.

Sungyeol followed her.

"Quick! Lock the doors." said Sungyeol.

Minyoung quickly locked the doors. "Okay, what are we suppose to do now?" Minyoung turned and looked at Sungyeol's body.

"I don't know! Wait, let me try to go into my body" said Sungyeol.

"Wish me luck."

Sungyeol went into his body.

Minyoung waited in anticipation.

Suddenly, she heard a loud thud.

"Ouch! My back. It hurts." Sungyeol rubbed his sore back.

Minyoung chuckled.

"That won't work. I guess you'll have to wait. Let's go back for now." said Minyong as she headed to the door.

Feeling dejected, Sungyeol followed Minyoung. "Before we leave, can you please tell the nurse not to let those girls in? " asked Sungyeol.

"I will. Don't worry. " assured Minyoung.

They walked out of the room.

"Minyoung!"

She turned and looked around.

"Samchon! How are you?!" She ran straight to Doctor Park and hugged him.

"I'm good. How about you? Long time no see. " said Doctor Park.

Doctor Park was Minyoung's father best friend. Doctor Park treated Minyoung as his own daughter. 

Sungyeol was just standing looking at the happy moment. At that moment, he thought about his family and friends. He missed them so much.  He brushed those thought away and stood beside Minyoung.

"I'm fine, thanks! Doctor Park can you do me a favor?" asked Minyoung.

"Sure, what is it? By the way, are they treating you well?" asked Doctor Park.

"They are treating me well. Don't worry, I can manage it. Two more years and I'm out of here." said Minyoung with a smile.

"Please don't allow anyone into this room." continued Minyoung.

"Why?" asked Doctor Park.

"My friend's in there and I heard a bunch of girls are going to do something with him while he's in a coma." explained Minyoung.

"Alright, I'll inform the nurse and we'll see what we can about it. I'll transfer him to another room. I'll see you soon. I've to attend another patient. Take care , Minyoung." Doctor Park walked away.

"You too, samcheon." Minyoung waved at Doctor Park.

Minyoung turned and look at Sungyeol.

"You seem quiet today. What are you thinking about?" asked Minyoung.

"I was just thinking about my parents and my buddies." Sungyeol looked glum.

"Cheer up. I know it's hard that you can't call them or visit them. Don't worry. We'll figure this out together. Till then, let's go out!" Minyoung made cute faces and buing buing to cheer him up.

Sungyeol smiled and nodded.

"KIM MIN YOUNG?!" 

"Oh no, they're here." Minyoung turned around and saw Jia Sim and her friends.

"What are you doing here?! Are you following us?!" asked Jia Sim.

"Donating blood." fibbed Minyoung. "Why must I follow you to the hospital? As much as I love chatting, I've to go now. So exausted. Toodles." Minyoung sauntered off. 

"I'm gonna kill her when she gets back!" Minyoung turned and saw Jia Sim's friends restraining her.

"Sorry, miss. Visiting hours is over. Please leave." said the nurse to Jia Sim and her friends.

"Now, where was I? Oh, let's go for a food hunt!" said Minyoung.

"Yah, panda! I rather go shopping." said Sungyeol.

"Shopping?! That's great! You can help me choose some clothings." Minyoung held his hand and ran.

"Whoa! Slow down!"