Weight

Caged

" I'm down below where it's silent and it's safe, 
Resounding with the question of "Where to, from here?" 
I know my direction, I know what it takes, 
But I'm weak and I'm weightless with everything to fear." 

 

"Byulyi." Yongsun said lightly as she saw the look on the girls face. Byulyi leaned against the door of Solar's room, lost in thought. Yongsun tapped her arm lightly, snapping the professional back to reality.  

 

"Yes?" She exhaled crossing her arms, still clearly having trouble shaking her thoughts.  

 

"What's going on?" Yongsun tried to make eye contact with the her, but Byulyi was always off somewhere else. Byulyi was always putting distance between them, even if it wasn't physically.  

 

"Nothing, I should get going... I'm off in a few." She closed her eyes taking a deep breath. She opened her eyes watching Yongsun now. Wondering why the girl was so curious about her, after all Yongsun was the one with the bigger issues right now. "He's my boss you know." Yongsun just nodded as she walked away towards her desk, she fixed up her pencils and pens avoiding Byulyi now. "I was worried you know... When I couldn't find you." Byulyi stopped leaning against the door, and turned around ready to exit.  

 

"Why." Yongsun tried to act normal but she could feel herself quickly losing any composure she had kept until now. 

 

"You know why." Byulyi placed her hand on the door knob. She heard a slight sniff, she looked over at the girl. She took her hand from the door, and took a step towards Yongsun. She stopped wondering what has happening, why was Yongsun crying.  

 

"You're off now, you should get going." Byulyi could hear it in Yongsun's voice, she was trying to stay positive. She took the last few steps over towards the weak girl, she placed a hand on her shoulder. "Stop."  

 

"What?" Byulyi said softly as she removed her jacket, and placed it on the chair in front of the desk. "I guess I'm staying." She said in the same hushed tone, as she patted Yongsun on the back. Yongsun tried to hide her emotions but her breathing gave everything away. She turned around placing her head on Byulyi's shoulder just so the younger girl couldn't see the mess she was turning into. Byulyi froze not knowing what to do, this wasn't exactly appropriate behavior for a guard. "You know, if i see you crying, it's not going to change my opinion of you. She tapped the girl's back, she wasn't exactly what to do with her hands at this moment. She waited hoping Yongsun would return to talking, but she didn't. Instead she felt the girls tears soak through her shirt, she took a deep breath before wrapping her arms around the girl. "You don't always have to smile, to be strong. There is strength in tears, and strength in showing them." 

 

"I'm scared. The only thing that get's me through anything is pretending... So you don't get it okay Byulyi? So don't try to tell me that I don't have to always smile, that it's okay to be sad. Maybe for you it is, but to me letting that smile fade is letting the darkness win." Solar pushed herself away from the still very confused Byul.  

 

"I'm sorry, you're right. It was ignorant of me to assume based on my norms, instead of taking in consideration for yours. But just so you know, if ever you feel like you can't pretend anymore... I'm here." Tapped the girls shoulder before turning around grabbing her jacket. She slipped into her jacked, and smiled at the older girl.  

"You're good you know. You're too good for all this." Solar smiled as she wiped the remaining tears, and returned Moonbyul's smile.  

"So are you." Moonbyul mumbled as she turned around opening the door and exiting.  

 

 


 

 

"Well then." Wheein sighed as she placed her hand on her hip. She looked at all the food she had just dropped, and wondered where to go from here. She sighed as she bent down and started to reach for some of the food.  

 

"Wheein." Wheein jumped up shocked by the voice. She saw Hwasa looking in her direction, she looked rather unpleased. "What happened."  

 

"I, uhm." Wheein looked away kind of ashamed of how clumsy she was. She was worried for what may happen if anyone else figure out she had made such a mistake.  

 

"Hey don't be so scared."  Hwasa laughed as she walked over placing a plate in the sink before walking over to help Wheein with the mess. "You should have seen what I did last week." 

 

"I'm not helpless, I'm not hopeless.
But I don't believe in hope on it's own,
No spine and no substance."


Still mildly annoyed by the lack of indents but whatever. Hopefully you enjoy the song and the chapter this time. 
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUkYAAEu4RQ