Mind Over Matter

Caged

"Keep an open mind, brings open hearts, and open eyes. 

You walk around with your hands out, and I've never seen anyone so blind.  "

 

 

"So why am I here..." Solar she quietly as the atmosphere began to turn more awkward than normal. The guard sighed as she leaned back in her chair. She closed her eyes taking a deep breath. Solar was confused by this all, she hadn't the slightly clue as to what was going to happen. She was slightly annoyed by the guards behaviors though, how could she be so vague with her movements and words.  

 

"To be honest... I don't know." She opened her eyes leaning forward looking at the girl. "I really don't want to do this."  

 

"Do what..."  

 

"Did the other girls say anything..." The guard looked rather concerned. She looked toward the clock that was on the wall behind Solar.  

 

"No... they don't normally talk about it... well we don't normally talk all that much." 

 

"Some of the guards..." She looked up studying the innocence on the girls face. "You're so naïve." She chuckled before putting her face in her hands. Solar now was starting to get that the possibility of her being harmed was alarming greater than not being harmed. She looked at the guard sitting up slightly giving the girl a look.   

 

"Is it what our mothers did." Solar looked at the girl with such certainty the guard had to look away.  

 

"Yes." She said simply as she still avoided the gaze of Solar.  

 

"Was that so hard to say." She looked towards the girl with a somber smile. "You really think this is something new?"  

 

"I saw that..."  

 

"So this is the way they officially say things... The guard before you, you know wasn't a nice man."  

 

"Times almost here... I'll go tell them you're not well enough... the president doesn't like germs all to much." She said again with the same tone. She stood up and Solar noticed how her jaw was clenched, she watched as the guard poked her head out the door and then returned just as quick as her exit. "I'm taking you back to your room." She offered her hand to the girl, Solar looked at it surprised. She took it as it helped her up and just as quick let go. She followed behind the guard thoughts flying through her head, she could hardly catch one to make sense of any of it. She heard the door open, and it brought her back to reality. She walked into her small room, smiled to the guard as she assumed she was going to be left alone. The guard walked in as well closing the door behind her. She removed her jacket laying it on the desk Solar had neatly set up. She sat at the chair in front of the desk clearing . "I'm Byulyi..." Solar let the shock of it all show on her face. She wasn't sure what this was, if the girl was trying to get something out of her or not. She wasn't all to familiar with kindness. "Solar?" 

 

"Are you supposed to tell me that..." 

 

"Probably not." She looked as the shock on Solar's face hadn't changed at all. "I'm not going to hurt you."  

 

"No I... that's not why I'm shocked."  

 

"Then why do you look so scared of me." The guard dropped her stoic look for a moment allowing Solar to see the worry come through.  

 

"You're being nice."  

 

"Oh." The guard had to look away as she felt tears coming to her eyes. Although Solar couldn't tell that the emotion in the guard was building up, she felt the mood between the two was going into sadness 

 

"Byulyi... That's a nice name" Solar smiled as she sat down on the edge of her bed. "Truthfully my name isn't Solar, they call me that... I mean I like it... but my mother called me Yongsun."  

 

"Nickname?"  

 

"Originally yeah."  

 

"Mines Moonbyul... not much different than my actual. So I guess the 'code' name isn't going to hide my identity if anyone was too curious." Solar smiled letting out a slightly chuckle before turning to the guard.  

 

"Thank you for today."  

 

"Please don't thank me..." Byulyi looked away again, looking at the drawings Yongsun had hung up.  Solar looked at her and knew the girl felt sorry for her. "You're a person... don't thank me for treating you like one." Solar took notice of the slight crack in her face as she spoke.  

 

 


 

 

"Are you okay." Wheein gasped as she jumped from her chair into the other room where she heard the yell from. There she say the young girl holding her hand with a cloth. Wheein quickly made her way over to her. "What happened." The girl took a step back as Wheein came to close. She was left alone to watch the girl as the rest of the staff went out to serve the president and staff. "I'm sorry." Wheein sighed as she took two steps back distancing herself from the girl who seem bothered by her, almost scared.  

 

"I..." The girl started, but Wheein stopped her as she say the blood seep through the cloth. She reached forward grabbing the girls hand, tightly pressing on it. The girl with wide eyes looked at the girl, Wheein glanced at the girl before turning her attention back to their hands.  

 

"Put pressure, I'll go get the first aid kit." She barely managed to say before she rushed out. She hurried back and saw the girl sitting on a chair. She smiled as she held the first aid kit up. She kneeled down in front of the girl, and opened the kit. "Can I see..." She mumbled as she poked the girls hand, the girl left the hand and the cloth. Wheein saw the cut, she sighed in relief noticing it wasn't deep. She reached for some alcohol to put on the wound. The girl grabbed Wheein's wrist with her free hand, and shook her head. Wheein pulled her arm free and smiled gently. "Here squeeze my arm okay? We need to clean it first okay?" She quinted her eyes a bit as she felt the girls grip on her arm already, she poured a little on the wound using the cloth to clean up the blood. She smiled as the girl lessened her grip on her arm. She grabbed a bandage and began to wrap her hand.  

 

"Thanks, Wheein."  

 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhs9DuY04rs