Help

Caged

Is everyone the same as me but just holding it in? Or am I the only bad person?

Sometimes, I dream, Sometimes, I fly, but I always know the ending.

 

"Yes sir" Moonbyul said meekly as she bowed her head in respect. The other guards looked to her for some more instruction, she paused for a moment to regain her composure. She inhaled as she raised her head confident in her mask she had created. "Just as the President has stated, we are to enforce these new regulations as of this week. We may offer smaller sentences to those prisoners who..." She clenched her teeth as she tried not to break the façade. "volunteer for the programs." She looked towards the presidents advisers and gestured for one of them to follow her out of the meeting. She quickly walked towards the break room. She heard the footsteps behind her, she swung the door open in anger. She heard the footsteps halt before making their way into the room.  

"Byulyi listen." The women started before the guard whipped around showing her clear displeasure.  

"Don't. You know full well what enforcing such blatant abuse would do, what it would mean."  

"What would you like me to do?"  

"Stop it. Talk some sense into that gross old man, this place isn't for his sick fantasy's.. Or that of his friends."  

"Byulyi..."  

"You know what. I don't want to fight with you okay? You're his daughter, you have more say than me." She sighed as she crossed her arms trying to think her way around this situation.  

"You're acting strange, why do you have so much sympathy for the people who have wronged society. You know they're here because they broke laws?"  

"Even if they broke laws, why do we torture them. We're breaking the laws to if you think so black and white about everything." She took a deep breath looking at her cousin.  

"People like them, are the reason your parents are dead." Byulyi shot her cousin a glare before uncrossing her arms and taking a step forward.  

"They're not all here for their own crimes... Just wait until everyone holds you responsible for the things your father has said, or done."  

"I'm not him."  

"And they're not their parents either. We need to fight for a fairer system, people are suffering. You sent me here to figure out what was really happening, and I can tell you It's not what you think." Byulyi walked closer noticing people were walking closer to the door. "You want to make a change when you get in charge, start by writing the wrongs." Byulyi tapped her shoulder as she walked out the door.  

 

 


 

 

"What..." Hyejin looked at her parents shocked by the words she had just hear. "Repeat that." She dropped the plate she was holding harshly on the counter.  

"Oh honey, we didn't know you heard." Her father smiled to cover up the secret conversation they were just having. Hyejin shot her mother a look, before returning her gaze back to her dad.  

"Where does Wheein have to go." Hyejin looked at her parents who only exchanged glances and she could see them finding excuses to get her to go away. She hit her fist off the counter gaining everyones attention, including Wheein who was sitting in her normal spot. Wheein made her way to the edge of the kitchen, trying to over hear what was happening. "She's not going. End of story. Make up a story that will excuse her. We're better people than this, I'm not sending her off for something so... dirty."  

"Honey... please be reasonable. She has to follow the rules." 

"What rules." Hyejin ran her fingers through her hair. "I know I'm not well versed on my prison handbook, but like I'm almost positive that there is no rule stating that they have to-."  

"Hyejin they just put in to affect new rules, the guard just came to tell us." Her mother walked over grabbing her daughter's arm. Hwasa pulled her arm from her mother's grasp.  

"We're better than this." She repeated as she had tears forming in her eyes. She thought of all the bruises she saw on Wheein from last time, she thought of how much Wheein had to endure all this time, she thought of how her parents may have known what was happening, and most of all she thought about how helpless she felt.  

"You overheard it all didn't you." Her father sighed looking at his daughter with loving eyes. "We'll try our best to keep her out of the program... but I can't make any promises. Our word doesn't have much in this place..."  

"Thank you." Hyejin smiled slightly as she wiped her tears and walked back to check on Wheein. She turned the corner out of the kitchen and ran into someone. "Oh sorry." She whisper before she actually looked up to see a tearful Wheein. opened trying to form sentences, but all that came out was a little oh. Wheein wrapped her arms around Hyejin's waist pulling her closer. Hyejin froze at the sudden closeness of them, she wasn't sure if Wheein had heard everything. She lightly tapped Wheein on the back, Wheein pulled back looking straight at Hyejin.  

"Thank you. No one's... ever... thought I was worth kindness." Wheein struggled to say through sniffs. Hyejin sighed as she smirked a little admiring seeing Wheein so honest with her.  

"You're worth so much more than what you think Wheein. Your girlfriend is lucky." Hyejin smiled as she saw Wheein roll her eyes.  

"She's not my girlfriend." Wheein hit Hwasa gently on the shoulder.  


 

"Solar!" Moonbyul yelled as she made her way on to the garden, she received looks from everyone but she didn't care at this moment. She grabbed the girls arm pulling her up from her job, Solar looked at her coworkers than at the hand that held her arm. She was confused as to why the girl was treating her so harshly. Moonbyul pulled her roughly out of the garden and towards the building. She loosened her girp once she was out of view of all the other guards and workers. She looked at the girl who genuinely feared Moonbyul. Byulyi closed her eyes and gently took Yongsun's hand and intertwined their fingers. She continued walking trying to make it back to Solar's room before being noticed by anyone. She gently rubbed Yongsun's hand every now and then with her thumb. Yongsun still unsure of what Byulyi was intending to do, she just stared forward. Byulyi quickly unlocked the door pulling them both inside. Yongsun saw the expression on the guard change to one of sadness. Byulyi let go of the confused girls hand and walked slowly over to the bed and sat down. She placed her face in her hands, resting her elbows on her knees. Yongsun saw the slight shakes from the girl, she walked over slowly.  

"Moonbyul" She asked gently still fearing what she may have done wrong. Moonbyul lifted her head exposing her tears. Yongsun felt a surge of guilt hit her, she quickly made her way beside the crying girl. "What's wrong." She felt herself start to tear up just by the sight of the normally strong girl breaking. She gently wiped the younger ones tears away, hoping they would disappear if she did so. Byulyi looked at the girl, making her tear up even more.  

"I'm sorry."  

All the things that Iwant to change, will they just stay the same? Somebody help.

When morning comes again, I must get up. Somebody help. 

all the things that haven't changed, i'm not ready to face them.

 

Somebody help.