The Young And Beyond Reckless

Caged

"A puppet is only strong as it's strings
I forgive and forget, yet the truth still stings
The lies are all easy, and the words are hard to swallow
The leaders get killed, we're never fulfilled, yet we follow"

Byulyi stared at her cousin, trying to get a glimpse into what the girl may be thinking.  "Staring isn't going to make me thinking any harder, Byulyi."  

"Sorry, I'm just concerned that's all." Byulyi sighed as she placed the ice against her eye once again.  

"I can't just fire everyone..."  

"You could fire the people that feed into the abuse." She said as she gestured to her already bruised eye.  

"Yes Byulyi know, but you say like there is people who don't follow into that category. Everyone has been told to act like this... I know I've just been put in charge of this place, but I can't just rewrite the rules the same day."  

"I get it... So now do you believe me."  

"I do, all these reports... the program they put in before I could act upon it... You're right... I'm not my father, and I will not use his sins to my gain." She crumpled the report she held in her hand. She looked down at all the ones covering her desk, and felt her anger growing.  

"Chaewon it's not your fault, but it will be if you just stand by and do nothing." 

"Bring Jung Wheein, and Kim Yongsun here... I'm assuming you've let slip to Solar, that you're part of this family." She sent a glare towards her cousin. "Keep yourself safe, no more fights... even if you're protecting the girls here." Byuyli stood up tossing the ice towards her cousin.  

"I will, oh and if you're serious about rewriting some things... I suggest you talk to the kitchen staff... They'll support you." She winked then walked out, going to do her duties.  

 


 

"Wheein?" Hyejin said as she waved a hand in front of the girl's face.  

"Oh sorry." Wheein shook her head, trying to force herself to stop thinking.  

"Worried?" Hyejin sighed as she took a seat next to the girl who just made a slight noise in acknowledgment.  

"Yeah, Solar has been acting weird... and it certainly isn't like Byulyi to become violent so easily. She has dealt with the situation before..."  

"I would have punched him myself... I was close tin the storage room."  

"You saw..."  

"Yeah, but I knew you wouldn't like me knowing... or me doing anything. You tend to handle things on your own, and I didn't want to betray you by going against your wishes... Although I will punch him if it happens again, because those are my wishes."  

"Thanks Hyejin... Do you ever wonder what it would be like if I wasn't in here, and were just two random people."  

"ouuu I can play along." Hwasa smiled as she leaned on the table with her elbows. "Okay so I work in a small, but successful restaurant, and thats how we met. Of course, you were picky and had your meal returned, and I was getting fed up."  

"Of course." Wheein smiled. "Then after realizing I was a hassle, I, Of course, gave you the biggest tip."  

"I felt offended by the tip... I don't deserve it, all I did was my job." Wheein shook her head at the girl.  

"No, you went above and beyond." Wheein touched the girls hand. "You're beautiful, Hyejin."  

"Is this just in our hypothetical world?" Hwasa was now the nervous one, which was totally new for the pair.  

"No. If this was the hypothetical world I may have already told you I liked you, but alas this is our world, and I need to peel vegetables." She smirked and got up and returned to her work station. Hyejin smiled to herself as she began to register what had just happened. She really wished she was in this hypothetical world, maybe then she would tell Wheein, that she too liked the girl.  

 


"We're just living a lie
This will never survive
So we run and hide
Whenever the truth arrives"


Solar leaned against the wall as she sat on her bed, sketch book on her lap. She sighed and ripped the paper out of the book crumpling it. She exhaled loudly as she threw the ball towards the door, only for it to open, and the crumbled paper hit the person entering.  

"Oh... I see I'm still not welcome." Byulyi smiled warmly as she picked the crumpled ball up and closed the door. "The warden wishes to see you." 

"Okay, is it urgent?" Solar looked at Byulyi's face and noticed her black eye, and slight scratch above her eyebrow.  

"You must be shocked."  

"What..."  

"You're making a face." Solar was caught off guard by this and tried to fix her expression.  

"If I lie and said I fell... would that put you more at ease."  

"Does lying ever put anyone at ease?" Solar said before it dawning on her how hurtful this comment could be after what had transpired between the two.  

"No. I fought a guard, they were talking about Wheein..."  

"Thank you."  

"Don't it was wrong of me, I was just upset... I made the wrong choice, I was careless yet again." She crossed her arms leaning against the door. "Anyway, the new warden wants to meet you. She's heard a lot about you."  

"She? And why have they heard of me." 

"My cousin, she wiggled her way into a position of power..."  

"You talk to your cousin about me?" Solar stood up from her bed, walking over to her desk to put her sketch book away.  

"I learned hiding things that are important, will hurt you in the long run." She sighed again as her thoughts still screamed at her how much of a monster she was. "Make's you the thing you're trying to stop."  

"Byulyi, I said this last time for a reason. You're not a monster... you're not him. You are human, and you tried to do your best. I'm human too... that's why I'm hurt..." Byulyi opened the door cutting off Solar's speech.  

"We should get going." 

"Take it away to the open
Give it a day I'll be hoping for someone to rescue me"


 

Hey look i wrote a chapter, i actually have another written,, but i was busy traveling ! I also went to a Halsey concert, so that was amazing. haha anyway here we go. 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1GxXsOA0VY