Closer

Caged

"Can you keep me in the dark, and never let me see.  

The light can be so much worse." 

 

"Wheein when I say nothing happened... I do actually mean that." Solar rolled her eyes as they dished out some food. They followed the flow as the line moved at a snails pace.  

 

"Then why weren't you working?" Wheein glared at the girl, still knowing something was going on.  

 

"Because I was sick. I've already told you, I wouldn't lie to you."  

 

"No... but you would just not tell me some details." Wheein lightly slammed her tray down on their table, not loud because she didn't want to draw attention, but just enough to add the dramatic flare she wanted. Yongsun laughed at her young friend as she sat beside her.  

 

"Listen, I'd let you know if something bad had happened." She patted her friend on the back, hoping she would just drop it.  

 

"You know what Yongsu—Why is that guard looking at us." Wheein squinted her eyes trying to focus on the young female guard.  

 

"Isn't that her job?" Solar sighed as she look a bite of the bread they had given her.  

 

"Isn't she the guard from the other day..." Wheein turned her head to face her friend who was mentally cursing her young friend for being so observant.  

 

"She is." Solar said with practically filled to its limit hoping to signal Wheein to drop the whole conversation. She then took the time to look up and catch Byulyi's eye, she swore she saw a smile on the normally so expressionless guard.  

 

"The girl told me her name the other day." Wheein said finally changing the subject.  

 

"See who could resist the Wheein charm."  

 

"She probably just told me because I'm annoying." Wheein shrugged as she began to eat. "Then again she has been not herself."  

 

"What do you mean?"  

 

"Well she's been nice." Wheein smiled as she looked over at the kitchen staff. Hwasa looked over rolling her eyes at the girl who should be hurrying up. "Speaking of her, I really should be going." She said as she quickly finished up the little bit of her food. "Also we're not done talking about... You know."  

 

 


 

 

"Wheein you're late." Wheein kept her head down as she hurried to catch up on her work. Hwasa walked over towards the girl who was peeling to quickly for her liking. "Looks like you were having fun."  

 

"The guards were a little late as well." Wheein sighed as she just continued working not wanting to get in trouble for her behavior. "Although I am sorry if it seemed I was goofing off when I should have been working."  

 

"You're so serious." Hwasa laughed a little which took Wheein for a loop. She finally looked at the other girl and noticed she was holding a cupcake. "Here." She passed the cupcake roughly, Wheein stare at the sweet in front of her baffled.  

 

"For me?"  

 

"No for the vegetables." She sat down across from Wheein eating her own cupcake. Wheein smiled as she peeled the wrapper from the cupcake and took a huge bite. Hwasa stunned by how Wheein thoroughly enjoyed the cupcake. "You good?"   

 

"Yeah, I just... it's not something I have... like ever. I miss it..." Wheein smiled a little as she looked at the wrapper in her hand. "Thank you, I'll get back to work now." Hwasa wondered what Wheein had meant by that sentences, she also started questioning why Wheein was even there. She stood up from the table walking into the room where her parents were arguing over a certain ingredient for the meal that was on the menu. She smirked as she heard her mother just dismissed her father's words and continued on with her own ways. 

 

"Hey dad." Hwasa looked at her father as she leaned against the counter. Her father looked up from his mixing bowl, giving her a questioning look. "Can I ask you something."  

 

"Sure honey." He smiled as he continued to stir the batter.  

 

"Why is Wheein here..." She started to pretend do some work, making it seem like she wasn't too bothered by this thought.  

 

"uhm." He looked at his wife who was giving him a look. "Well..."  

 

"You know it's better to be honest, than to hide things. I am an adult."  

 

"Well Hyejin. She was caught stealing, or at least that's what we've been told. She's in somewhat of a special program... However from what I know her mother had to pay a debt to the government as well. So she's here to serve him."  

 

"So what your saying is, she really didn't do anything. She's just here because of someone elses greed."  

 

"That's not up to us to say." Her mother finally chimed in.  


 

Hello hello~ hope you're interested in this still

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnq4iwOb8is