Haven

Caged

"I know it’s a dark cave and even though it’s far from heaven 
Maybe this could be my haven. "

 

 

 

Her eyes opened, bright with excitement for the new day. As she sat up she focused on the door of her room. She wished she could so easily walk out of here, but it wasn't that simple. She sighed as she stretched her arms above her head. She smiled again as she heard a tap on her wall, she hurried over to the wall giving it a light tap as well. She waited for the response, but nothing came. She sighed again as she leaned against the wall wondering where her friend had suddenly stopped. She felt the light tap on the wall on her back. She leaned against the wall placing her face as close as she could.  

 

"Good morning" she breathed a sigh of relief as she recognized the voice as her friends.  

 

"Morning." She began to whisper as her door opened revealing the guards. She got up from the wall standing in attention as if she were going to be disciplined. She knew she had done nothing wrong, but she also was well aware that she didn't have to do anything to provoke these people.  

 

"Time to go..." One of the guards said with a grumble before leaving the female guard to watch over the girl. The guard looked at the girl awkwardly, she smiled at the guard noticing this. The guard turned her head gesturing for the girl to hurry up getting ready. She sighed as she began to change out of her night clothes, she looked over her shoulder watching the guard. She studied how the guard held herself, how she seemed confident, but at the same time unsure. She traced the guard outfit looking for any sign of a weapon, today there was none. She mentally took note of this, wondering why today they didn't need it.  

 

"Done." She said with a smile as she turned around. The guard looked at the girl, she narrowed her eyes before nodding her head. "Everything's good right?" She smiled brightly gesturing to her neatly and perfect outfit. The guard simply turned around opening the door. The other guards looked through nodding for her to move forward. She walked out the door, looking to her left she saw her friend. They made eye contact and exchanged smiles before returning to the front.  

 

"Solar..." The girl raised her hand almost immediately as she heard her name being called. She waited for her instructions, but something took a little too long.  "You've been summoned." She looked to her friend who had a confused expression that matched her own. She then looked towards the guards trying to find answers written on their faces. This was all very sudden she wasn't sure what it meant to be summoned but she knew once the others came back they were never the same. The female guard that was in charge of her watching her stepped forward, lightly grabbing Solar's wrist. Solar looked down at the ground, watching the guards feet in front of her own. She calmed herself before entering a large room, she looked at the female guard who was busy dismissing the others. Solar looked around taking everything in, she noticed the paintings on the wall, and the slightly smoke scent that lingered in the air. The guard closed the door behind her as she made her way over towards the observant Solar.  

 

"Do you know why you're here?" She asked monotonously, as she sat down on one of the chairs. She pointed to the one in front of her, and Solar knew that meant for her to sit there. As she sat down she looked at the guard still not sure what was happening. "You seem so chatty in the morning... but now you don't speak?"  

 

"Oh sorry... I'm just... this is just new." Solar smiled awkwardly as she tucked her hair behind her ear. She began to look around again, her leg began to bounce with anxiety. The guard just looked at her, she seemed herself to be a little anxious as well. She herself had been studying the girl she had been in charge of. The way she smiled, how she always smiled. She pitied the girl in some ways, but also in many ways wished to be able to smile like her, more than wish craved to smile like that. 

 

 


 

 

 

She watched as her friend was escourted down the hallway, she sighed wondering what was going to happen to her. She looked forward haly paying attention to the orders being given. After being dismissed she followed the guards into her regular duties, she smiled lightly as she smelled the scent of the food being cooked. She opened the door to the kitchen greeting the people in there with a bright smile. The guards looked at the people who would oversee the work of the young girl.  They nodded as they did everyday, and left the girl in the care of them. She walked over to the table and took a sit, as she picked up a potato and began to peel it. She looked up and smiled at the girl across from her. The girl looked at the girl wondering how she managed to stay so positive.  

 

"Good morning Wheein." The older people in the room said with a smirk as they walked in the other room that contained the stoves. Wheein looked back up at the girl across from her and put down the fully peeled potato.  

 

"Not a good morning?" She raised an eyebrow as she picked up another one.  

 

"With you here? Never."  

 

"Mean..." Wheein pouted before flashing her signature dimple.  

 

"You're not here for me to be nice too."  

 

"Well we could say I'm not here for you at all..."  

 

"That’s not what I meant..." 

 

"You should go help your parents... I'm here to do this work." Wheein smiled at the girl. The girl narrowed her eyes not happy that she had been outwitted by the girl. She stood up and followed her parents into the cooking area. Wheein looked back at her as with a smirk as she turned back to doing the tedious job.

 


 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poA43J1IeB4