Secret

Caged

"The secret is hidden in my heart. It's rooted deep within, It cannot be revealed. This secret is hidden in my heart, it's rooted deep within. I just can't figure out how to tell you." 

 

Wheein sighed as she glanced into the kitchen seeing a glimpse of Hwasa. She pushed her tray from in front of her and placed her head down on the table. Solar glanced at her friend before mimicking her. She stared at the younger girl, confused as to why they were placing their heads down. Wheein opened her eyes, shocked to see the other girl right there. Solar chuckled to herself before patting the girl on the head, and sitting up.  

"Tired?" She asked as Wheein closed her eyes again.  

"You could say that." Wheein mumbled into the table. Solar looked to see Moonbyul looking at them, she smiled a little hoping it didn't seem to obvious. The guards all started looking at each other, every now and then giving a subtle nod.  

"listen up." One guard yelled. Wheein shot up from the table, sitting as straight as she could. She knew that voice, it was her normal guard. Solar noticed this action, it made her stomach flip, she wondered why something seemed so off by this.  

"Last night as you all must be aware we had a lockdown." Moonbyul addressed the whole lunch room. "We regret to inform you that your fellow prisoner will no long be with you. He has..." Moonbyul closed her eyes taking a deep breath seeming annoyed. "transferred to a different facility."  

"Alright, everyone line up. Back to work."  


 

Solar closed her eyes as she rested on her bed. Her work day was much longer than normal, or maybe she was just caught up in her thoughts. She tapped the wall lightly, as she started humming a song to herself. She heard a light tap back, she smiled knowing Wheein had thought Yongsun wanted something. She heard her door quietly open, she shot up from the bed. She closed her eyes tight not knowing what was happening, or who had snuck into her room.  

"It's me."  

"Byulyi." Solar exhaled as she walked over and hit the guard. She then froze due to her action, why would she do that after all Byulyi was a guard.  

"Sorry, I thought I should come and apologize for last night..." Byulyi avoided Yongsun as she walked over to the desk. "I figured you might be worried... about me."  

"I was." Yongsun kind of smiled at Byulyi's shy attitude all of a sudden.  

"Oh." Byulyi smiled looking back at the smirking girl. "Your friend... she's doing good right?"  

"Wheein? Yes. She's doing as well as she can be... thank you."  

"Why are you thanking me... I just did my job."  

"No, you did way more than your job... I don't know... I shouldn't speak of these matters, what do I know." Byulyi raised an eyebrow at this comment.  

"You're right the guards duties don’t really involve that... I just used facts to my advantage... you could say I uttered a few threats." She stretched as she walked over to the new drawings Yongsun had added to her wall of art. She reached out touching the sketch of the garden, she then looked back at Yongsun. "It's missing the best part." She smirked, and grabbed Yongun's wrist pulling her over to the drawing. "You."  

"Moonbyul..." Yongsun tucked her hair behind her ear as she was at a loss of words. She wasn't sure what kind of reaction Byul had wanted from her.  

"Sorry, was that to forward? I shouldn't have... I don't want to make you uncomfortable." Byulyi let go of the girls wrist. Yongsun then panicked noticing she had upset that guard, she still wasn't sure what Byulyi's intentions were, but she knew she didn't want to hurt her.  

"No..."  

"What's on your mind?" Byuli sighed as she took a step back from the girl, to give her space. Byulyi understood more than anyone that her interest in the girl was a big overstep from her boundaries. She had to keep secrets, to hide truly be able to be comfortable with the girl. She hated seeing the girl treat her like she was about to hurt her. She hated knowing that all of Yongsun's memories were shaped by violence and isolation. But most of all she knew it had something to do with her, and that is something she would never be able to tell.  

"Honestly?" Yongun asked aprehensively. Byulyi nodded as she walked back to the desk taking a seat, getting ready for the heavy things Yongun's may say. "'you're not just a guard are you? You're... not like the rest right..." Byulyi nodded again as she, clenched her fist trying to hold back all her truths.  

"I'm here for a reason... you could say that. But... me wanting to be close to you, talking to you... that's all me. I genuinely think you're the most beautiful part of the garden. You're not just what these people make of you..."  

"Shh." Yongsun took a step closer the sitting guard. She closed her eyes and quickly gave the girl a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you... for being open. I would never ask you to share more than you want... I know what it's like to be completely exposed... I also want you to be comfortable... Just... don’t lie about your intentions... with me... or with Wheein." Yongsun stutterd through her speech, although it wasn't to a fault, it made it seem more sincere.  

"Yongsun, about the guy you worked with..." Byulyi stopped as she heard tapping on the wall. Yongsun looked back at the wall that was shared with Wheein. "You guy's are seriously close." Byulyi smiled half heartedly, as she wondered just how close the two were.  

 

"As long as you're happy, I'm happy too. You got someone who takes good care of you, right next to you. Whenever you're down, when she left you, when you feel blue, I will be there to save you." 


I've literally had this song stuck in my head for a solid four days.

Anyway another update, rare for me haha. Anyway hope you're all doing well, and hopefully you're still interested. Secret's are supposed to be hard to tell, so stay tuned for the little reveals that may come. 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nOq_LCuHY4