Oh I

Caged

"We're like a beautiful crystal ball, I'm afraid it's going to get broken."

 

 

"I still don't get it." Yongsun smiled at the Byulyi. She grabbed the paper from her staring at it once again trying to decipher what the younger one had tried to draw. "Like what is this." She pointed at some part of the squiggle.

"Come on, it's a snake." Byulyi frowned as she grabbed the paper and crumpled it up. Yongsun laughed quietly as she put down her own drawing.

"We will work on it." She smiled and tapped the desk. "Shouldn't I be at work?"

"I'm a guard... I'm sure they won't question it." Byulyi shrugged as she leaned back in the chair. "I don't really care what they think. I mean I do... as long as they don't mention anything specific I'm sure I won't say much."

"You're strange." Yongsun sighed as she looked at Byulyi's slight smile. She had finally been able to see the human side from Byulyi, smiles were starting to break through and their conversations were so natural.

"Is it bad?"

"No It's interesting." They sat in silence for the next few minutes, this happened often between them. "Sooo... why did you become a guard." Yongsun finally broke the thick silence, she worried if she had crossed a line, this would be the first personal question she had asked about the girl.

"Family I guess. It was the only route I could see myself going. My father was pretty sick, so we need some money I guess." She mumbled as she looked at the drawing Yongsun had made. She was taken back at how in detail the drawing was, she recognized the area that Yongsun was depicting. "You have an eye for beauty." She smirked as she held the photo up. "You know how to make things pretty again." She looked back at the photo.

"You can have it... if you want?" Yongsun blushed a little as she received the compliment.

"I would like that." She smiled as she folded it gently and put it in her jacket pocket.

 


 

Wheein looked out the window taking in the view. She focused in on the workers in the garden, she noticed Solar. She smiled as she looked at her friend work, she was relieved to see Solar actually working today. She looked over her shoulder wondering what Hwasa was up to, she sighed as she saw Hwasa nowhere to be found. She returned her attention back to the window, she noticed something was different from the previous glance. She noticed the guard that had been staring at them in the lunch room, she squinted her eyes, half in confusion, and half because she wanted to see better. She noticed the smile on Solar's face, and it was one she hadn't seen before. Solar was always smiling, and that was something that was so beautiful about her. This smile however seemed more human, more genuine than any other she had seen on the older girl.

"Daydreaming?" She jumped as she heard a voice whisper. She whipped her head around, almost head butting Hwasa in the process. Hwasa took a step back with her hands in the air, as if to say she meant no harm. "You good?"

"I'm so sorry."

"What was so distracting anyway?" Hwasa smirked as she leaned over Wheein to see out the window. She noticed a girl tending to the garden, she raised an eyebrow wondering why Wheein was so focused on this girl. She leaned back, crossing her arms as she did so. "Your friend?" She pointed, and Wheein just nodded. "Hmmm girlfriend?"

"What?" Wheein's eyes were wide, certainly not expecting that to come from Hwasa. She felt her cheeks heat up as she found herself in a situation she wasn't able to talk herself out of. "No, no, no." Wheein said a little to vigorously, leading Hwasa to think she wasn't exactly telling the truth.

"I don't care, just don't be daydreaming on the job." She smirked again, Wheein was shocked to see this little sign of enjoyment on Hwasa's face. She smiled to herself, feeling she had accomplished something she had once thought impossible. "Why are you staring?" Hwasa asked a little weirded out by the silent staring Wheein.

"I uh, I should probably get working." She smiled brightly showing off her dimple before hurrying off to go see what she should be doing.


 

"Solar?" Moonbyul said as she saw the older girl talking with a guard. She looked at the guard with suspicion before walking over to them. She looked at the girl she was in charge of now, she looked at the man not sure who he was. She looked at the girl beside her, and noticed the settle fear hidden in her eyes. She took a step in front of the girl, and looked at the man. "I'm sorry but do I know you?"

"I see." The man smiled as he looked past Byulyi to wink at Solar. "Moonbyul... right?"

"Yes."

"Yes sir?" Moonbyul looked at the man as he said this, not caving to his demand.

"Excuse me... but i must return her." She tapped the girl behind her lightly so the man wouldn't notice.


 

So screw this editor, i can't even handle my frustration right now. Paragraphs are supposed to be indented, conversations as well. Take a look at my other chapters, anyway it wont paste from word like that and i can't fix it on here. So i'm frustrated about the lack of anything remotely close to actually being good. So read, even if it annoys me to have to make you read it in this stupid dumb format, but i digress, i'm done. I was gonna post another chapter tonight, but i am tired of fighting i with this site today.