☆Closer☆

Star in the Mist

"Why didn't you wait for me?" 

You lifted your head and looked behind you. 
"Woohyun-ah," your eyes widened in confusion. You quickly stood up, looking around him, before facing him. 
"I called your name so many times, but you never stopped," he chuckled, trying to catch his breath in between. 
"I'm sorry. I was thinking about something," you said. 
Woohyun gave you a worried look. 
"Is everything okay?" 
"Everything...is okay," you lied. 
"Is it the wedding? We can cancel it, if you're not comfortable with it," Woohyun suggested, still wearing a worried look. 
"No, everything is fine," you lied, "I'm just a little stressed that's all." 
Woohyun's face softened. 

"You can trust me, if you ever feel like that," Woohyun said. 
It was the first time someone cared about you in that sense. 
"T-thank you," you were in state of confusion for a second.

"Should we walk back together?" Woohyun asked you. 
You totally forgot you had to get home before your stepmom and Daehi. 
"Y-yea, we should! Um, I can actually get back myself. I'm sure you're busy today," you told him. 
Woohyun laughed. 
"Did you forget we have something to do today?" Woohyun reminded you. 
"Huh?" You thought hard about what he was talking about. 
"Ahh, the invitation cards!" you said your thoughts out loud. 
Woohyun chuckled. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"Did you pick out a dress already?" Woohyun asked. 
You both walked side-by-side. 
"Yea, I did. With your mom, actually. How about you? Have you found your suit or tuxedo?" 
"I think I found the one, but I'm not sure yet," Woohyun said. 
You didn't know how to quite respond back.
"Oh, I'm sure you'll look good in anything," you smiled. 

"Do you jog around here often?" 
"No, I don't. I ran over here by chance," you told him. 
"Oh, I jog around here almost every morning, but I've never seen you here before." 
"Oh really?! I didn't know that," you chuckled. 
"Yea, if I'm ever really stressed about something, like work, I jog around here. I think the river really helps," he replied. 
"What about you? I've been talking a lot," he laughed. 
"There's nothing really. I go to work and come back home and repeat," you told him. 
Woohyun gave you a confused look. 
"You don't go out for yourself at all?" He asked. 
"Well, I just never have the time. It's okay though." 
"I hope I can show you more then," he smiled at you. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Just as you two turned into your street, Woohyun grabbed your arm and pulled you into his arms. His other arm wrapped around your waist. Your eyes widened by Woohyun's sudden action. You looked up at Woohyun and saw how annoyed he looked. 
"Aish, why aren't you watching where you're going?" Woohyun frustratedly asked the biker who biked away. 
Woohyun looked down at you, and his face softened when he saw you looking at him.
You guys stood in that position for a few seconds, although it felt like five minutes for you. 

"Woohyun-ah!" 

You and Woohyun looked down the sidewalk and saw Daehi walking towards you two. You and Woohyun backed away from each other. 
Woohyun felt embarrassed, and your cheeks flushed to a bright pink. 
"O-oh, I'm sorry about that," Woohyun stuttered, "I-I should have just ----"
You interrupted him, but you couldn't bring your eyes to look at him. 
"No, it's okay!" You said, looking at the biker who had biked far away by now. 
You looked back at him. 
"....thank you," you shyly thanked him. 
"Are you okay? I didn't pull you too hard, did I?" 
"No, I'm fine. Thank you," you smiled. 

"Woohyun-ah, what are you doing here?" Daehi asked as she approached you two. 
Woohyun looked at Daehi. 
"-------- and I went on a jog," Woohyun told her, as he looked over to you.
Daehi looked at you. You knew she wanted to give you that look, but she held herself back. 
"Oh, is that so?" Daehi questioned. 
Woohyun smiled and nodded to Daehi, then he looked back at you. 
"------, I'll come back and pick you up," he smiled at you. 
"Ah yes!" You replied. 
"I'll see you later, Daehi-shi," he said to Daehi. 
Daehi smiled at Woohyun. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You and Daehi walked back to the house. 
"Yah! Don't forget he's mine," Daehi rolled her eyes. 
You didn't respond back to her. 
"Woohyun said he'll be back to pick you up. Where are you guys going?" Daehi curiously asked. 
"We are just going to the print shop," you told her. 
Daehi didn't say anything and walked back inside the house. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"I'll be taking ------ out for the day, so don't worry about her," Woohyun told your stepmom. 
You stood outside next to Woohyun, while your stepmom and Daehi stood inside of the house, by the door. 
"It's no problem. I trust you with ----. Please take good care of her," your stepmom smiled. You knew everything she said was fake. It was to cover that other side of her. 
Woohyun bowed, and then you two walked to his car. 
"Have fun, Unnie!" 
You turned around to see Daehi waving at you with a big smile on her face. Woohyun turned back and saw Daehi waving at you. He smiled, falling into Daehi's trap. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You guys walked out of the print shop. Woohyun looked over to you. 
"What do you think of the invitation cards?" 
"I think we did a nice job at picking the cards out," you smiled to him. 
Woohyun nodded.
"I hope the wedding date isn't a rush for you," Woohyun said. 
You looked at him confused. 
"What do you mean? We still have a month." 
"A month goes by pretty quick. If you change your mind between today and date, let me know. It's okay," Woohyun said. 
"...thank you," you replied. 
Will I change my mind? 
You thought.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"Woohyun-ah, thank you for today," you said to him. He smiled and responded back the same line. 
"Thank you for today! I don't know when I'll get the chance to see you again. It's been a little busy at the company, so I'm really sorry," Woohyun told you. His expression went a little sad. 
"Don't worry about it. It's okay. Plus, the wedding is pretty much set already, so we shouldn't worry too much about it," you assured him. 
"Thanks for understanding," he said. 
"Well, you should get inside. It's a little late and I wouldn't want your mom to be upset," Woohyun joked. 
"Ah yes," you replied. 
Before Woohyun got in his car, he stopped you again. 
"-------," he called your name. 
You turned around to look at him. 
"Yes?" 
"Good night and sweet dreams," he smiled. 
You didn't know, but you also had a smile on. 
"Sleep tight," you replied before walking inside the house. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Ever since that last day, you haven't seen Woohyun, just as he had told you. The fact was you were busy in your own life that you had forgotten that you were getting marry. You worked days and nights to pay off your stepmom's debt. Once you knew it, a month went by fast.
"Yah! How much have you saved? Don't forget that Daehi and I are still going on our trip," your stepmom yelled out. 
You stopped scrubbing the floor and stood up from the kitchen. 
"I haven't saved much, since I've been paying the bills," you confessed. 
Your stepmom scoffed. 
"What do you mean? Are you blaming me, huh?! I'm just asking for a small thing and you have the audacity to give me an attitude?" 
"No, it's not that. I----" 
"I don't care what you have to say. It doesn't mean you're getting marry tomorrow, and you're off the hook. Thinking about it again, it's good that you're marrying a rich man; a new source of income for me," your stepmom smirked. 
You felt disgusted by her words. 
She walked over to you. 
"Don't you think about doing anything with Daehi's boyfriend. Don't forget where you came from and what me and Daehi have done for you," she finished, before grabbing her keys and walking out of the house.
You dropped the rag down and a tear rolled down your cheek. 
You took a deep breath and calmed yourself down before you continued scrubbing the floor. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
That night, as most other nights, you went to bed with an empty stomach. You couldn't believe it; you were getting marry to him tomorrow. You were too excited, yet nervous that you were going to do it for real tomorrow. However, your stepmom's words kept replaying in your head. 
No, I'm not marrying him for his money. Why would I do that? Why am I marrying him? 

Knock! Knock! Knock! 
You peeked your head out of the blanket.
It felt off. Your stepmom or Daehi have never gently knocked on your door, which surprised you. 
Another few knocks came through, making you fully get up from your bed. 
"------, darling. Can you open your door?" 
It was your stepmom. You were confused by her tone. 
"Ah yes! Give me a second," you replied. 
You opened the door and saw your stepmom standing in front of you with a smile. 
"Yes, did you need me to go get something for you?" You asked her. 
"No, Woohyun is here to see you," your stepmom said, then she looked down the hallway at Woohyun. 
"H-huh?" Your eyes widened. You were confused. 
You popped your head out of the door and saw Woohyun standing down the hallway, looking at you. The moment he saw you, he smiled and waved.
What's going on?
You thought the moment you felt your heart rate increase. You retreated back to your room. 
"I'll be right out," you told your stepmom. You closed the door and the light. 
"Why is he here?" You whispered. "Is he cancelling the wedding?" 
You thought. 
You looked at yourself by the mirror and took a deep breath. 
"Everything's okay. I'll be okay," you told your reflection. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You walked to the living room to see your stepmom and Woohyun talking to each other. Daehi sat on the same couch as her mom, facing Woohyun.
"I know you'll take good care of my --------," your stepmom said, smiling to Woohyun.
"I'll do my best," he replied. 
From his peripheral view, he saw you standing there, making him turn to face you. He smiled at you and then back at your stepmom. 
"Would it be okay for ------ and I to step out for a few minutes?" Woohyun asked your stepmom. 
Your stepmom looked at you and then back at Woohyun. 
"Of course," she laughed. 
Woohyun stood up from his seat, as you walked over to him. 
"If you guys can excuse us," Woohyun said, and your stepmom nodded. 
Daehi stood from her seat, wanting to walk over to Woohyun, but her mom grabbed her wrist, stopping her. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You and Woohyun stepped out of the house and began walking down the sidewalk. 
"How are you?" you asked him, breaking the ice. 
"I've been okay. How about yourself?" He asked you. 
To be honest, you didn't know how you felt. 
"I'm okay," you responded. 
"That's good then," he smiled. 
"Why did you come by?" You asked him. 
Woohyun stopped, making you stop. 
"Did you...change your mind?" You asked him. 
Truth was you would be okay if he didn't want to go further with the marriage. 
"I actually wanted to talk about that," he started. He looked nervous, you could tell. 

"Are you okay marrying me?" He asked, a more serious look this time. 
"I just wanted to make sure you'd be okay before tomorrow." 
You looked at him and smiled. 
"I haven't changed my mind since that day," you told him. His face brightened. 
"If anything, would you be okay marrying me? I'm just an ordinary girl," you replied. 
"I've never thought about you in that way before or now. I haven't changed my mind as well," he said. 
You felt accepted. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
The atmosphere was silent for a few seconds as you two stood there across from each other.. 
"Well, that's all I wanted to ask you tonight," Woohyun said, breaking the silence. 
"Thanks for coming out." 
"I should walk you back. It's kind of cold, and I wouldn't want you sick 16 hours before the wedding," Woohyun chuckled. 
You nodded and smiled. 
The walk was slow to which you enjoyed though you both didn't say anything to each other. 
Woohyun looked over to you and saw that you were wearing only a light cardigan. 
"Woohyun-ah----" 
Woohyun covered you with his blazer. You stopped walking and turned to look at him in a surprise state. He smiled at you. 
"What did you say?" He asked. 
You had suddenly forgot what you wanted to say to him because of his sudden, yet caring action.
"Ahh, nevermind," you said, looking away from him. 
"It's really okay. I have a cardigan on," you said to him. 
As you were going to remove the blazer, Woohyun stopped you by putting his hand on your arm. 
"Keep it on," he assured.


You guys took a few step, before you remembered what you wanted to say to him. It's been on your mind since the day you agreed to marry him. You stopped and took a deep breath before mentioning it. 
"Woohyun," you caught his attention. 
"Yea?" 
"You know, at the altar tomorrow," you didn't know where to go next. 
Woohyun gave you a confused look, wondering what you wanted to say to him. You were a little frustrated that you couldn't find the word to describe your concern. 
"After the vow..." you gave him a "do you know where I'm going with the conversation" look. 
Woohyun thought for a while before he understood what you meant. He laughed at you. 
"Yea?" You questioned, confused to why he laughed. 
"Don't worry about it. Cheek is okay with you?" Woohyun asked. 
"Huh?" 
You were confused. You thought you both could just avoid the kiss. 
"Cheek? Would the cheeks be okay with you?" Woohyun asked again. 
You thought for a while. 
"....yes," you answered him. 
"Okay, I'll remember it," he replied. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Woohyun dropped you off at the front step. You took off his blazer and handed it back to him. 
"Thank you," you gave him a small smile. 
"Good night. I'll see you tomorrow," he said. 
"Yes, good night to you too," you replied. 
He smiled at you and then he took his leave. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You quietly walked to your bed and closed it. You went under the blanket.
This is it!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite.

♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story Star in the Mist or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below!

-Inspirit_07