☆Together☆

Star in the Mist

You guys sat across from each other in the living room in silence as the TV played. 
All of your attention was on the screen. It was very rare for you to sit down and watch TV.
On the other hand, Woohyun typed on his laptop, taking a sip of his tea here and there. Woohyun looked up from his laptop and unexpectedly glanced at you. He sat his cup down and stared at you. He was into your beauty: your wavy hair that flowed effortlessly down the side of your face; your eyes that twinkled; your rosy cheeks and pink lips. He caught himself smiling, making him clear his throat and looking back down at his laptop.
You looked at him. 
"Did you need more tea?" You asked.
Woohyun embarrassingly looked back at you, pretending he didn't hear your question. 
"Huh?" 
"Would you like coffee? A snack?" You asked, giving him a couple of option. 
"Oh no. Please enjoy your show. I'll grab it if I need it," he smiled. 
You thought for a while, before nodding your head along with his response. 
The show caught your attention again. 
Woohyun's eyes secretly glanced up, looking at your relaxed, yet excited look. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
It must have been a few hours once you noticed that you had to get some grocery for the house. You did a small stretch and looked over to Woohyun. He had fallen asleep with his laptop on his lap and his head leaned back. You let out a small giggle. You removed the pillow you were hugging aside and walked over to him. You grabbed his laptop and placed it on the table.
How can I move you without waking you up?
You asked yourself.
You walked upstairs and grabbed a blanket from the closet in the master's bedroom. 
You grabbed your purse and a light blue jacket on your way out of the room. 
You covered Woohyun with the blanket you grabbed. You smiled as you looked at his sleepy face. 
"You must be exhausted from all that work," you whispered. 

You wore your jacket, and just as you placed your bag over your shoulder, Woohyun grabbed your wrist, startling you. 
"Omo! Woohyun, did I wake you up?" 
Woohyun opened his eyes. 
"Where are you going?" 
"I was going to go to the grocery store. You can rest, don't worry," you told him. 
Woohyun released your wrist and stood up. 
"I-it's okay. I can go myself," you assured him. 
"I'll come with you. Give me a minute," he said. 
Before you could say another word, Woohyun had walked upstairs already, grabbing his wallet, his keys, and his jacket. 
You sat down in the living room, waiting for him. 
"Are you ready?" 
You looked over your shoulder, standing up when you saw him in his jacket. You nodded in response. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"It's my first time grocery shopping, so please don't yell at me," Woohyun chuckled, breaking the awkward atmosphere in the car. You looked over to him. 
"It's okay. I'm slow myself, so I hope you don't mind," you laughed. 
"Sorry, we didn't do much today," he apologized.
"No, why are you sorry? It's okay. I had fun watching TV," you smiled. 
"Yes, it definitely looked like you enjoyed the show very much," Woohyun chuckled. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You pushed the cart down each aisle, looking carefully at each product as Woohyun trailed closely behind you. 
You grabbed the common cooking paste and flakes. 
"Do you like seaweed?" You asked him, looking over your shoulder. 
Meanwhile, Woohyun's eyes were wondering at each shelf. 
"Woohyun?" You called him, making him look at you. 
"Yea?" 
"Do you like seaweed?" You asked again, waving a packet of seaweed. 
He smiled and nodded his head. 
You smiled and placed it in your cart. 
You guys headed to the fruits and vegetables section after. 
Woohyun grabbed a bag of greens and placed it in the cart. 
You looked at the greens, stopping. You grabbed the bag, making Woohyun look at you. 
"You don't like those?" He asked. 
You looked away from the bag of greens and to him.
"No," you walked next to him and showed him," You see, this part is yellow. That means the vegetable is about to go bad," you pointed at the yellow leaves. You looked at the greens that were in front of you two, carefully looking at the leaves.
"Ah, this one," you said, grabbing the new pack. 
"See, the leaves in this pack are a bright green. That means they're still fresh," you taught him. You set the bad pack back into the shelf, while placing the fresh pack into your cart. 
"Ahh! So green is good, and yellow is bad?" Woohyun asked. 
You nodded. 
"Easy, right?" 
Woohyun nodded.
"I'll keep that in mind," he smiled. 
Woohyun ran over to a different section of greens, this time, you trailed behind him. He carefully looked at each bag of greens. 
"Is this one good?" He asked, picking up the bag and showing it to you. 
You inspected the leaves, before giving him a thumbs up. 
"Ah, this is easy!" He said proudly, placing the bag into the cart. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Once you and Woohyun paid for the grocery, Woohyun parked his car along the sidewalk. You looked outside and realized you two were by the river. 
"What are we doing here?" you asked him. 
He looked over to you.
"Ice cream?" He asked. 
You felt like a kid all over again. 
"Really?" 
"Really." 
"You're not joking right?"
"I'm not," he laughed. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"One strawberry and one vanilla, please," Woohyun ordered. You stood behind him, smiling. You felt excited. Thinking about it, you don't recall the last time you had an ice cream. 
Within a few minutes, Woohyun handed you your cone. 
"Thank you so much," you smiled, accepting the ice cream. 
You two took a stroll along river.
You haven't felt like that in a long time, carefree, happy, and relaxed. 
You guys picked out a bench and sat down next to each other, as you both took in the moment as the sun set.
Woohyun looked over to you.
"Is there a place in the world you'd like to visit?" He asked. 
You looked at him, puzzled. 
"Why?" you asked. 
"Honeymoon," he chuckled. 
You thought for a while to yourself, only to realize that was what couples do after they get married. 
"Ahhhh, that," you said, after realizing what he was talking about, "you know, we don't...we don't have to go," you assured him. 
He laughed. 
"It'll be fun," he suggested. 
"You can think about it. I'll book a flight when you're ready," he smiled. 
"Okay," you replied.
Aish, do we really have to go?

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"Should we head back?" Woohyun asked.
You nodded. 
You got up from your seat.
"Wait a minute," he said. 
You looked down at him, confused. 
Woohyun knelt in front of you; his eyes locked on yours.
"Your shoelaces are untied. You might trip." 

Inside, you felt nervous. Outside, you had to mask it.
You carefully looked at him, as he tied your shoelaces. 
He looked back at you, "all set," he smiled. 
"Thank you," you replied. 
Woohyun stood up and looked at you. 

You were still fazed out about what just happened. 
"Are you okay?" Woohyun asked, as he leaned in closer to you. 
"Huh?" You snapped out. 
"Are you okay?" He asked. 
"Yea, I'm okay," you embarrassingly nodded. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"You can sleep here," Woohyun said, grabbing a pillow off from the bed. 
You stood by the bathroom. 
"It's okay. You can sleep in here; I'll go sleep in the other room," you suggested. 
"No, I know that you didn't get a good sleep last night. I'll go sleep in the other room," Woohyun said, walking to the door. 
"Good night!" He wished before closing the door. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You stretched as you walked down the stairs.
You walked into the kitchen, tying your hair up, ready to make breakfast. You opened the fridge and then closed it. 

Enjoy breakfast. I'll see you later.
-Nam Woohyun

You smiled, reading the note he wrote. 
Dad, did you send Woohyun to me? 
You thought.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"Oh -----?" 
You turned around to see Minhye. 
"Yea?" You set to new inventory boxes down in the back. 
"What are you doing here?" She asked, setting her boxes down. 
"Working?" You responded, confused with her question. 
"Not that. I heard you got married. Congratulations!" 
"Thank you," you smiled, thinking about Woohyun. 
"How did you meet your husband?" She asked, taking out some of the new scarves from the box.
"We actually...met here," you thought about the time Woohyun gave you your bracelet. 
"Oh really?!" Minhye exclaimed, surprised. 
"Wait, don't tell me you got married to the man who found your bracelet?" She looked at you, waiting for your answer. 
You chuckled and nodded at her. 
She playfully slapped your arm. 
"Are you serious?" 
You shyly nodded again. 
"That's got to be fate," she smiled. 
"I think so too," you laughed. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You guys walked out of the back, rolling out the new inventory on a shelf. 

"Isn't that the girl that married to new CEO?" 
"Yea, she looks just like Nam Woohyun's wife."
You heard some girls whispering to each other. Minhye noticed that you felt uncomfortable. 

"I thought she was rich." 
"If you look at her, you can tell she married him for his money." 
"She's not even that pretty. I wonder why he married her." 

"Our shop does not welcome customers like you guys. Please step out of the shop," Minhye ordered. 
"We're just speaking the truth," one of the girls said, rolling her eyes at you. 
"Get out," Minhye repeated with a little more attitude.

The three girls scanned you up and down before leaving. Minhye turned around to look at you. 
"Are you okay?" She asked. 
"I'm fine. It's okay. Thank you, Minhye."
"Don't listen to them," she comforted you. 
You smiled and nodded. Deep inside, you weren't fine.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You got off the bus and began walking to your next job.
"I wonder how stepmom and Daehi are doing," you whispered to yourself. 

"If you look at her, you can tell she married him for his money." 
That line replayed in your head.
Your eyes watered.
You wiped the tear away with the back of your hand. 
"I'm okay," You lied to yourself. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
After a long shift at the club, you were finally heading home. 
"Thank you," you thanked the taxi man. 
You walked down the sidewalk, thinking about that phrase again, looking down at each of your step. 
Should I just tell him about it? 
You thought. 

"---------!" 
You stopped and looked up. 
Woohyun ran towards you with a worried look. 
He pulled you into a hug the moment he reached you. 
Time seemed to stop for you.
Woohyun pulled away from the hug. 
"Where did you go? Do you know how late it is?" Woohyun asked, concerned. 
"I...was at work," you felt guilty, truly. 
"At work? Until 12AM?" 
You didn't know how to respond to him. He saw how upset you looked. 
"I'm sorry. I was just worried," he apologized. 
"No, I'm sorry. I should have told you," you apologized. 
Woohyun calmed down and took off his black sweater, covering you. 
"Let's go home," Woohyun said. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
A few weeks passed. Never once in your life you'd imagine you'd live in a life like this. Every day, as Woohyun had promised, he made the effort to know you more. On the other side, you did your best to be a good wife for him.

You and Woohyun sat across from each other at a small, local cafe. 
"-------," Woohyun called your name. You looked away from the window. 
"Have you picked out a place for our honeymoon?" He asked. 
I totally forgot about that. 
You thought.
"Ahh, that! I haven't really gotten the chance to research on that," you told him. 
"Should we go to Jeju Island?" He asked. 
"Jeju Island?" 
You thought for a while. 
"Have you been there before?" 
You shook your head. 
"Did you want to go there then?" 
"We can," you smiled. 
"Okay, I'll book the reservations and flights. Should we go next week?" He asked. 
What about work? 
You were a little worried. 
"...yea, next week would be great," you lied, smiling through your anxiousness. 
"Great then!" He smiled. 
"You know, I just realized I don't have your phone number," Woohyun said, taking out his phone. 
"I can't believe I haven't even saved your number to my contact," he embarraasingly chuckled. 
"Woohyun-ah, I...actually don't have a cell phone," you told him, awkwardly smiling. 
"What?" Woohyun thought he was hearing the wrong thing. 
"I don't have a cell phone; that's probably why you don't have a number from me," you repeated. 
"Why didn't you tell me?" 
"It's okay. We see each other often," you smiled. 
"What if something happens to you, how are they going to contact me?" Woohyun asked in concerned. 
"I'll be careful." 
"No, we need to go get you a phone right after this," Woohyun said. 
Before you could object, Woohyun stopped you. 
"I won't take no," he replied. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"Which one do you like?" He asked, as you two walked around the phone store. 
"I'm fine with any," you replied. 
"Are you sure?" He asked. 
You nodded.
"We'll get this one," Woohyun said, pointing at the newest iPhone. 
"Very nice choice. Please give me a few seconds while I go grab a new one in the back," the sales lady said, excusing herself. 
"Woohyun-ah," you whispered his name.
Woohyun looked over his shoulder to you. 
"Yea?" 
"...you don't have to get that one. We can just get a normal one," you suggested. 
Woohyun ignored your comment and looked back at the other phones that were on display.
 
"Are we paying with cash or credit?" The sales lady came back with a black box in her hand.
"Credit," Woohyun responded. 
"Please follow me this way," the lady led you and Woohyun to the check-out. 
As you two followed the lady, you tugged onto his shirt
"Woohyun," you whispered. 
Woohyun smiled without looking back.
"Woohyun," you called him louder this time, tugging onto his shirt a little harsher.
You let go of his shirt, looking away, furrowing your brows. You thought about how stubborn he was.
Woohyun looked over his shoulder, smiling. He took the chance and intertwined his fingers with yours.
You looked at him, surprised.
Woohyun pulled you closer to him, making sure you walked next to him. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You and Woohyun walked out of the store. Woohyun took out the phone and added your number to his contact, then he added his contact to your new phone. 
"This is yours now," he smiled, handing you your first phone.
"Thank you," you thanked him. 
"Call me whenever." 
He winked at you, making you blush. 

Before you could take another step, Woohyun grabbed your arm, pulling you close to him. 
"We need a picture to go with the contact," he suggested.
Woohyun pulled up his camera and faced it towards you two. 
"Smile!" He instructed. 
You were still processing everything, while smiling like he asked. 
Woohyun looked at the picture. 
"It turned out nice," he complimented, "I'll send it to you too." 
You looked at him and nodded your head, still processing the moment. 
You felt bad, thinking about the contract you signed. 
 I don't deserve this.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite.

♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story Star in the Mist or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below!

-Inspirit_07