☆With Him☆

Star in the Mist

"Why did you agree to the proposal?" Woohyun suddenly asked. 
You stopped and thought.
Wait, why did I agree to this?
Woohyun stopped and turned back to look at you. 
"Are you okay?" He asked with a worried look. 
"You don't have to answer it now," he said, when he noticed you were a little distracted. 

"I can't give you a reason right now, but please know that I agree to the proposal with good intentions," you told him. 
Woohyun smiled and nodded his head, understanding what you meant. 
"We should get going. We still have a lot to look at," Woohyun insisted. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You guys were standing in front of the house you two would be living in. The house looked cozy and modern. You've never seen such a home like this before. 
"Shall we go in?" He asked, making you look at him. 
He smiled when you looked at him. 
You nodded your head, and you two began making your way down the path. 
He opened the door with the house key that was in his pocket. 
"Lady first." 
You entered the home first and Woohyun followed after, closing the door as he looked at the home. 
You and Woohyun walked side-by-side as you two toured the house in silence. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
The last stop was the backyard. You slid open the back door and took the first step. Your mouth dropped a bit by how big the yard was.There was a nice garden to the left. At the back of the yard, there was a swimming pool centered horizontally. There was a nice patio with a fire place and grilled area on the right side of the backyard. 
This is so nice! 
You thought. You never imagined of living in a place like this before. Woohyun walked up from the behind and saw your expression. 
"Do you like this house?" He asked, disrupting your thoughts. You turned to look at him. 
"I love it," you smiled.
He nodded his head and inserted his hand in his pocket, before enjoying the view with you.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You both made your way back inside the home. 
"What did you want for dinner?" 
You turned around to look at him. 
"I'm good with anything," you replied. 
Woohyun closed the back door and turned around. 
"Should we just go for a Korean barbeque?" He asked, still wanting your opinion. 
"That's fine with me," you smiled. You were quite excited. This would be your first time eating out and having Korean barbeque. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Before you knew it, you guys were standing in front of a barbeque restaurant. 
"Two people, please," Woohyun told the host. 
You curiously looked around the restaurant from your angle. Woohyun looked over his shoulder and saw that you stood behind him. 
Without thinking, Woohyun grabbed your hand and pulled you next to him.
Your eyes widened in surprised.
"Stay close, it's a little late," he said, then he waited for the host to seat you two. 
You looked away. 
Why am I feeling like this? 
You asked yourself. Your cheeks flushed red. 

"Please follow me this way," the host said. Just before you two followed the host, you looked at his hand. Woohyun noticed that you were looking down. And, that's when he realized he was holding your hand. He embarrassingly released your hand, making you look up at him. 
Woohyun cleared his throat. 
"I-I didn't mean to do that," Woohyun stuttered. 
"Oh, it's okay," you replied. 
Woohyun embarrassingly walked first. He took a few steps and turned around to look at you. You were still surprised. 
"------ah," he called you. 
You snapped out of your thoughts and looked at him. 
"Huh?" 
"Let's go," he said. 
You shyly walked next to him, making glance over to you.
You two followed the host to the table. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
The atmosphere was quite awkward after what happened. Once the food came out, Woohyun made the courage to speak up first. 
"How was your day?" He asked, flipping the meat on the grill. 
You looked at him, thinking of what to say. 
"It was...good. We actually got a lot done today," you replied. 
He looked at you for a quick second and smiled. 
"Now that I'm thinking about it, we did," he chuckled. 
"Please help yourself. Don't be shy," he said to you, as he continued to flip the meat. 
"Oh, thank you," you smiled, "make sure you eat too. We can take turns flipping the meat." 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"Is Daehi older than you?" Woohyun suddenly asked, as he took a bite of the kimchi. You set your drink aside. 
"I'm older than her by two years," you said. 
"Oh, you said she was your stepsister, right?" 
"Yea, she is," you replied. 
"You guys seem to have a really good relationship."
"Ah...we do," you lied. 
"Which is a good thing. I don't see many step siblings get along, so when I saw you two interacted, it was nice seeing that," he smiled, assuring that he meant with good intentions. 
"Yea..." you mumbled. 
"If I ever say or make you feel uncomfortable, let me know." 
You felt safe with him. For the first time, there was a man who respected your boundaries. 
"Oh no, you don't make me feel that at all. Thanks for treating me so well," you started, " the same goes to you. If I ever say or make you uncomfortable, please let me know." 
"Thank you," he smiled. 
"Finish your rice," he said as he noticed that you haven't touched much of your rice. You smiled at him.
Everything felt different with him. You were having a nice meal with a man who respectetd you. A part of you didn't want to go home at all. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You and Woohyun were standing in front of your house. 
"Good night," he said, as he stood next to you. 
Just before he could take another step to the driver's side, you stopped him. 
"Woohyun-ah," you called, making him turn around to look at you again. 
"Yea?" 
"Thank you for today. I had a lot of fun," you smiled. 
He smiled back at you. 
"If anything, I should be thanking you. I know I already said this, but I'm sorry for not showing up for the other appointments." 
"No, don't say that. It's really okay. Thanks for the meal and the talks." 
"Thank you for today too, -------. I'll pick you up tomorrow, same time," he smiled. 

"Woohyun-Oppa?!" 

You two turned to look at the front porch. It was Daehi, slipping on her shoes. She had a red silk pajama on with a red silk robe covering her. As she walked over to you two, you looked back at Woohyun. Before you could say anything to him, Daehi opened the small fence that gated the front lawn. 
"Oh, I'm sorry for addressing you that way. I think it just naturally slipped out," Daehi shyly smiled, blushing. 
Woohyun looked at you, then back at Daehi. 
"Ah, it's okay, really," he replied. 
"Are you just dropping ------- off?" Daehi curiously asked. 
You stood there, feeling a little awkward. 
"Yea, I was dropping ----- off," Woohyun said, as he looked at you. He smiled at you. 
"Why don't you stay for dinner?" Daehi suddenly asked, shocking you at the same time. 
"Oh, it's okay. ------ and I actually just had dinner. Maybe next time," Woohyun suggested. 
"Promise me?" Daehi said, holding out her picky. Woohyun chuckled. 
"I promise," he said, not crossing his pinky with hers. 
"Don't forget your promise," Daehi said, realizing that Woohyun won't physically promise it with her. 
"Thanks for dropping my sister off," Daehi smiled at Woohyun. 
"There's no need to thank me. I took her out the whole day, so it's my duty to bring her back home safely," Woohyun said, looking at you. 

Why am I feeling like this?
You asked yourself again. You felt something in your stomach. 

"Well, I should get going, so ------ can rest," Woohyun said. 
"Good night and sweet dreams, Woohyun-ah!" Daehi said, smiling at Woohyun. 
"Good night to you too," as he gave Daehi a friendly smile.  
Woohyun looked over to you and placed his hand on your hand, making you snap out of your thoughts.
It was some sort of shock when he touched your hand this time to catch your attention. 
"Huh?" You were confused. 
Woohyun smiled at you.
"Sleep tight," he said. 
"Good night, Woohyun. Drive safely back," you said to him. 
He smiled and then walked over to the driver's side, as Daehi waved at him.
Soon, he drove off, leaving you and Daehi standing there on the sidewalk, watching his car disappear the further he drove. 

Daehi rolled her eyes and looked at you before walking back inside the house. You looked down the street once more, before entering the house. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"Doesn't mean that you're getting ready your marriage means that you're not working. Where's this week's paycheck?" 
That was the first thing you heard the moment you stepped inside. Your stepmom was sitting in the living room, waiting.
"I'll be back. It's in my room," you told her. 
You quickly walked to your room and grabbed the money you've been saving up in a box in your closet. 
You took a deep sigh before walking back to the living room. 
You handed your stepmom the money. She took the money and got up from her seat. 
"Don't think about doing anything with Woohyun. Don't forget that he was meant for my Daehi," then she left the room. 

You couldn't think much about anything. You wanted to enjoy those moments with Woohyun and that was all you wanted. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

You woke up extra early. You prepped breakfast, then you sneaked out for a morning jog. You wanted to release all the stress there was. You wanted to think things through and see if you were making the right choices. 
Should I cancel the wedding? Why would anyone want to marry me when Daehi is better than me? I still have so much to do. Maybe I should just cancel the wedding?Wt
You stopped and sat down on a step, looking at the Han River. You covered your face with the palms of your hands and took a deep breath. 
What should I do? 
You thought. 
You listened to the calming current of the river. 

"Why didn't you wait for me?" 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite.

♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story Star in the Mist or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below!

-Inspirit_07