☆Happiness☆

Star in the Mist

“Did you kiss her?”

 

Woohyun was taken back by the question, loosening his grip on your arm.
“So, you...trust her?” He furrowed his brows in confusion.
"Should I trust you, then?" you asked, a little more serious this time, not allowing your tears to fall.
“You trust her over your husband?” Woohyun asked again.
“Did you, or did you not?” 
You were reminded again what you were to him.
You were going to leave at the end.
What permission did he need to get from you?
Woohyun stood there in silence.
“Excuse me,” you said, removing your arm away from him.
You couldn’t bear to look at him any longer.
The longer you stood there, you were only going to feel pain and betrayal. 
You were most scared about growing attached to him.
You walked inside the house, not looking back once.
You didn’t know why you felt the way you did, but it felt right to feel upset at the same time.
Woohyun stood still, watching you walk further away from him.
He wasn’t angry or hurt that Jihyun told you anything, but the fact that you seemed to trust another person’s words than his.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You closed the door, leaned your back against it, sliding down all the way to the floor.
You hugged your legs and buried your face.
So, it’s true. It’s true that they did. Why would he do that?
You cried, silently.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
“Woohyun?”
Woohyun looked over his shoulder, hoping that it would be you.
“Jihyun-shi,” he whispered.
“Can we talk?” She asked.
Woohyun thought for a second.
“It’ll be quick,” she said, as she realized Woohyun hesitated.

Woohyun and Jihyun stood across from each other, his hands in his pocket, her hands interlaced each other.
“How are you?” Jihyun asked.
“I’ve been well. How about yourself?” Woohyun asked.
He wanted the conversation to be quick as Jihyun had promised.
He knew you would be waiting for him, and he didn’t want you to wait long.
“I’m okay,” she replied.
“What did you want to talk about?” 
Jihyun’s eyes watered.
“About…us.”
Woohyun sighed.
“There’s no ‘us.’”
“Can you give me another chance?” Jihyun begged.
“I’m going to head back, if this is what you wanted to talk about,” Woohyun frustratedly said.
Before he could take another step, Jihyun wrapped her arms around his waist, preventing him from leaving.
Jihyun sobbed onto his back. Woohyun knew he wasn't going to comfort her.
He had moved on, and he knew there wasn't going to be a second chance.
"Jihyun, please don't do this," Woohyun said, as he tried to remove Jihyun's arms around him.
Jihyun held on tighter.
“I love you, Woohyun. Do you hear me? I love you. I love you as before. My heart had always felt the same,” she sobbed.

Woohyun listened, as he promised he would, before removing her arm away.
He turned to face her.
“We can’t be the same, Jihyun."
“Do you remember what you promised me? You said you loved me that day."
"You broke that love the day you decided to break it off," Woohyun reminded her.
“What if…How do you know you don’t love me?” she asked, still crying.
Woohyun didn’t say anything.
Jihyun did what she thought would change his mind.
She leaned in, aiming for his lips, hoping that it would spark something in him; spark the love they used to have.
The moment Jihyun leaned in, Woohyun took a step back, confused by her action.
“Jihyun, don’t."
“W-what are you doing?” She asked; a tear rolled down her cheek.
“I’m happily married."
"To who?" Jihyun asked; her heart ached, her legs felt weak.
"You should move on," Woohyun said before leaving.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Woohyun walked inside the house, sliding the back door close.
He scanned the kitchen, but no sign of you.
He felt he should have told you the moment you asked. Trust was a value that he believed in marriage.

Woohyun walked upstairs, stood in front of the door, his raised his hand, ready to knock on the door.
He listened carefully and heard your small sobs. 
He lowered his hand down, listening to you.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Two weeks passed and neither of you have spoke to each other. 
You thought it would be best to keep it that way. It would be easier for you to leave him at the end.
It would be easier for him to let you go. 
On the other hand, Woohyun wanted to talk to you, but everytime he wanted to, you would excuse yourself out the room. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You rolled the shopping cart, with Daehi walking next to you, on her phone. 
"You haven't done anything with Woohyun, right?" Daehi suddenly asked, looking up from her phone. 
You stopped and looked at her, surprised by the unexpected question. 
"What?"
"You haven't done anything with him, right? Don't forget that you promised and signed a contract with me and Mom," she scoffed.
"Of course not. Why would I?"you asked, thinking back to him.
The last thing you wanted to talk about was him.
"Go get some greens. I'll wait here. It's too cold over there," Daehi complained.
You rolled the cart passed her, carefully looking at each bunch of greens.
It reminded you of Woohyun, the time he tagged along.
You caught yourself smiling to the thought of it.
You hated that everything reminded you of him.
It was hard to get him out of your head.

You quickly picked a bunch and walked out of from the aisle. 
"When will Woohyun come by? I miss seeing him," Daehi said, smiling to herself, daydreaming about what they both could become after you divorced him. 
"He's been busy. I don't think anytime soon," you replied.
"Bring him then. I'm sure he misses seeing me too. Who knows, he might have fallen in love with me the moment he saw me," Daehi smiled, walking ahead first.
You sighed.
You wished you had the courage to imagine as much as Daehi had already imagined. 
You didn't know if Woohyun was trying to avoid you because he was guilty, or was it that he still had feelings for Jihyun.

Oofs! 
You bumped shoulder was another customer. 
You bowed your head in apology. 
"I'm sorry," you said.
You looked up to only be greeted by Jihyun with a basket dangling around her arm. 
"-------shi," Jihyun smiled.
"I didn't know I would see you here," Jihyun grabbed your hand, acting as if you two were familiar.
You were confused by her gesture.
"Are you here with Woohyun?" She asked, looking around.
You didn't want to hear his name, but every person you encountered seemed to always wonder about him.
"No, I'm here with my sister."
Jihyun frowned, letting your hand go.
"Oh," she sadly expressed.
"Have you spoke to him about what we spoke about?" She asked, "Have you made your decision?"
The fact that the last two weeks has been gloomy for you, Jihyun asking you that question wasn't helping.
"---------!"
You looked over your shoulder to see Daehi walking towards you rolling her eyes.
Jihyun looked at you.
"Is that your sister?"
"Ah yes. Excuse me," you said. For once, you were thankful for Daehi, saving you just in time.
"Are you going to stand there till the store close?" Daehi annoyingly said. She glanced over to Jihyun, realizing that you were speaking to her.
"Who is she? Do you know her?" Daehi asked, looking over at you.
Before you could introduce them to each other, Jihyun introduced herself, extending her hand out for a handshake.
"Hi, I'm Jihyun," she smiled.
Daehi hesitated before shaking her hand.
"Daehi," she replied.
"------- said you guys were sisters?" 
"Step...sisters," Daehi said, side-eyeing you.
"If you would excuse us, we have a busy day," Daehi said, walking away first.
"It was nice meeting you, Daehi-shi," Jihyun slightly yelled out.  She ignored Jihyun's goodbye. 
"Excuse me, Jihyun-shi," you said, before proceeding to follow Daehi.
"---------shi."
You stopped and looked over your shoulder.
"Tell him...I miss him," Jihyun said.
You felt something weird on your chest. You couldn't quite explain the pain, but it didn't feel normal.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"Who was that lady earlier?" Daehi asked, as you two caught a cab back.
"Jihyun," you said, looking out the window.
"I know. I'm not deaf. I heard her the first time," Daehi scoffed.
"Is she your friend? I didn't know you had friends," Daehi said, crossing her arms.
"Is it a rich friend? Now, that you're living with Woohyun, you've made wealthy friends, right?" 
You kept quiet.
You wanted to sleep and that was all. You didn't want see or talk to Jihyun, your stepmother, Daehi, nor him.
"Yah! Are you going to answer me or what?" Daehi angrily said. 
"What did you say?" you asked, looking over at her.
"Who was that lady?"
You thought of the best way to put it.
"She's a friend of Woohyun," you replied, looking back at the window.
"A friend? Huh, I wonder if they were anything else besides a friend."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You closed the front door. It was going to be another day of silence and awkward tension.
Maybe I should just tell him the truth Maybe, Jihyun will love him better than me.
You thought, taking off your shoes, as you placed your hand on the wall for support.
"Why are you home so late?" 
You looked up. He had a black apron on, holding a wooden spatula in his right hand.
You wanted to disappear, but it was so hard to without powers.
"What are you cooking?" you asked, slipping off that last shoe.
"Where did you go?"He took a step closer to you.
You took off your jacket, wanting to ignore him. Tonight was different. He spoke first.
"I'll finish off in the kitchen," you said, walking past him, only for him to grab your arm before you walked too far.
You looked at him.
"Why didn't you call me that you'd be out late?" He asked.
"I...forgot to," you replied, breaking away from the eye contact. "I'm going to go finish dinner."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You wiped your hands on the kitchen towel, after finishing up the dishes.
Woohyun had left the kitchen first, sitting down in the living room.
You took a deep breath before walking past him in the living room.
Woohyun stood up the moment he heard your footsteps.
"Can we talk?" he asked, looking at you.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You guys sat across from each other out in the back patio.
Woohyun found it hard to begin, and you, on the other hand, found it hard to even sit across from him.
You looked at the stars, while Woohyun tried to figure out how to explain it to you.
"I wanted to talk about that matter a few weeks ago," Woohyun started, gaining your attention.
You looked over to him.
"Nothing happened that night."
You waited for him to say more.
"I don't know what you saw that night, but I just wanted to let you know that nothing happened," Woohyun explained.
You remained quiet.
"You don't have to say anything. If you don't belie----"
"I believe you," you finally spoke.
Woohyun's eyes gleamed in relief.
"Thank you."
"I do have a question."
"I'll answer anything."
"Do you...want to continue this...marriage?" you asked.
Woohyun was in disbelief with your question.
"What do you mean?" he asked with confusion.
Your eyes watered. 

 

 

"Would you be happier if we ended it here?" 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Please send lots of love to Infinite.

(11.03) Special shoutout to:
@starfan24 
@
Purplecosmos
&
@my silent readers

♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story Star in the Mist or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below!

-Inspirit_07