☆Party☆

Star in the Mist

"Woohyun," you whispered.

You didn't want him to see you in your vulnerable state.
You quickly got up from your seat and walked the opposite way from him
Woohyun saw that you ignored his call, making him jog over to you.
Before you could walk further away from him, Woohyun swifty grabbed onto your wrist.
Involuntarily, you harshly shook your wrist out of his grip, even Woohyun was a little taken back.

You looked at him, not knowing what just happened.
Before you could apologize, Woohyun spoke first.
"Why aren't you picking up your calls?" He asked, his voice shaken as he was worried about your safety.
You couldn't bring yourself to look at him in the eyes.
"I...I...didn't bring my phone," you replied, avoiding his eyes.
Woohyun sharply sighed.
"Do you how worried I am?" He slightly raised his voice out of concern.
"I just needed some time alone."
Woohyun came to a realization that he had overreacted.
"-------, I-"
Before Woohyun could even apologize to you, you interrupted him, giving him a quick look.
"We should go. It's late," you responded, walking away from the situation first.
Woohyun stood there, feeling guilty about the whole situation.
He knew you had every right to be upset at him.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You entered the house first as Woohyun trailed behind. 
"---------," he called you, trying to get your attention. 
You had blocked out all the noise around you.
You didn't know why you were feeling the way you were.
"-------," he called again. 
Woohyun frowned, knowing that you weren't going to speak to him as you walked upstairs.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You walked into the master’s bathroom and sat on the ledge of the white tub. 

Aish, was I too much? Should I even be this upset?  No, I shouldn't be.

Truth was you didn't know you would be that upset about the whole situation.
What surprised you even more was that you didn't know you could feel that way.

I should apologize. This is the only right way to go. I shouldn’t be mad at him. He has his reasons too.
You thought.

You took a deep breath and peeked out the bathroom door to scan the room.
Thankfully, he wasn’t in the room.
You slowly walked down the stairs and scanned the living room. You were greeted with an empty house.

Where did he go? Is he mad at me?
You thought.

You noticed that the back door was open.
You walked outside and saw Woohyun, sitting on one of the sunbed loungers by the pool.
You took a deep breath, as you weren’t ready to confront him about it.
As you made your way to him, you fidgeted with your fingers the whole way there, barefooted.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Woohyun stepped outside after you left to the room.
He walked to the pool and sat on one of the sunbed loungers, hoping that his mind would clear.
He looked at the stars in sky as he listened to the calming pool waves crash each other. The night was a little chilly.

Did I overreact? Was I too much? She deserves an apology. Aish, Nam Woohyun, you idiot!
Woohyun felt guilty for what happened.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Should I call his name? Sit next to him? I haven’t done this before.
You were still a few feet away from him. You’ve never been in a situation like this before.
You had no idea how to approach him even though you have lived with him for a good couple of months.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You opened the squeaky gate which caught his attention.
Woohyun stood up from his seat and looked at you.
You looked at him too, but nothing came out from your mouth, neither did he say anything to you.
You both just stood there a few steps apart from each other.

------ have some courage and just do it.
­
You told yourself.

Say something to her!
Woohyun scold himself.

“Woohyun.”
“----------.”

You both called each other’s name at the same time.
“You can go first,” you told him.
“No, you should go first,” Woohyun insisted.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You thought for a while before taking a few steps closer to him.
“I’m sorry,” you began, “I shouldn’t have acted that way earlier.
I didn’t even realize what I did after it happened. Are you hurt anywhere?” You asked him, looking at his hand.
“If anyone, you deserve the apology,--------. I’m truly sorry about what happened.
I should have messaged or call you someway, somehow, but I didn’t. That’s my mistake and fault.
Something super important came up and I couldn’t get myself out of it.
I’m really sorry about how I reacted earlier too. I was worried about you, that’s all,” Woohyun apologized.

“No, it’s okay,” you told him.
The only thing you had your mind on was his hand.
You walked closer to him, now a few inches away.
Without thinking twice, you took his hand into yours.
You examined at his hand, making sure it was okay.
Woohyun was quite shocked by your action. His eyes locked onto you.
“Does it hurt?” you asked him, looking up at him, hoping to get a response out of him.
He was confused as you caused no harm to him earlier.
Woohyun stopped you and held your hand, which caused you to look back down at both of your hands.
He pulled you closer to him, making you look back at him.
“I’m fine,” Woohyun said.

Woohyun pulled you in for a hug.
“Thanks for understanding."
You slowly wrapped your arms around him.
“Thank you for explaining,” you answered. 
Woohyun backed away and grabbed his sweater that was on the lounger. He wrapped it around you.
"So you won't get sick," he commented. 
You chuckled at him. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You were glad that you pulled the courage to apologize to him.
The days spent with him felt short, but you cherished every moment of it.
The more you saw him, the more you became attached to his presence.
You felt like an actual housewife to him. It was a life you always dreamt of.
He gave you a sense of comfort, warmth, and happiness.
Deep down, you loved him, but you knew he wasn't yours to keep. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"------," Woohyun called you from the living room. 
"Yea?" You popped your head out from the kitchen. 
"Are you done cooking?" 
"Almost, why?" you asked. 
"I need to talk to you, that's all," Woohyun said, setting his laptop away. 
"Um, give me a few minutes and I'll be out," you told him. 
He nodded and smiled at you. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"What did you need to talk about?" You asked him, wiping your hands on a paper towel. 
"Come sit here with me," Woohyun said, patting down the seat next to him. 
You gave him a suspicious look. You slowly walked over to him. 
"Yea?" You said as you sat next to him. 
"There's a party next week. I just wanted to tell you that," he said. 
"God, Woohyun, you scared me for a bit," you told him, playfully slapping him on the arm. 
He laughed. 
"Yea, I just wanted to remind you that, so you have time to pick out a dress for next week," he smiled.
"What's the party for?" You asked.
"It's one of Mom's best friend's retirement party."
"Oh, is there anything I can do to help?" 
Woohyun tilted his head slightly to the side, puzzled by your question. 
"What?" He asked.
"Is there anything I can do to help out with the party?" You asked again. 
Woohyun shook his head. 
"No, there's nothing. You just need to show up with me," Woohyun smiled, hugging you in his arms.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Even though, Woohyun told you nothing needed to be helped for the party, you still went over and helped after work.
Woohyun still haven't caught onto you working at the fabric shop and the club.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"I think the flowers would look better over here," you told the florist. 
The florist looked at the spot she chose and then the spot you chose. 
She looked at you and gave you a "you're onto something" look. 
"You're really good!" She complimented.
"What?" You asked in surprised. 
"You've got talents for flowers," she chuckled. She placed the flowers where you told her. 
She took a few steps back and looked at the area and the flower to make sure it was centered. 
"It does look better here," she said. 
You gave her a smile. 
"Please let me know if there's anything I could assist you on," you offered to her. 
"Actually, if you don't mind, we do have a few bouquets that needs a spot in the garden," she said. 
Your eyes gleamed. 
"I could help you with those," you told her. 
"Your help would greatly be appreciated," she said. 
"I'll show you the flowers," she said. 
You followed her to the truck where the bouquets were located. 
She opened the trunk and looked back at you. 
"Please place them where you find fits," she smiled. 
"Thank you," 
"I'll be inside the venue. Let me know if we need more," she smiled before leaving you there. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You looked at each bouquet and admired. You've never seen such big truck filled with flowers. 
You've always had a passion for flowers. You didn't know much about them, but you loved seeing the vibrant colors each flower had to show off.
It made you think back your flowers back at home home. 
You took two bouquets out of the truck and walked over to the garden. 
You scanned the area before picking out the best area to place them. The colors were quite lovely.
The bouquets were filled with the reddest roses, pastel pink roses, snow white roses and fillers, the dusky orange roses, and greens of eucalyptus and leaves.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"-------?" 
You turned back to see your mother-in-law walking towards you. 
You bowed the instant you saw her. 
"Hello Mom!" You smiled upon seeing her. 
"What are you doing here?" She asked as she went in for a hug. 
"I'm just helping out with the set-up," you smiled. 
"You don't have to worry about it. We've go lots of people working on the place," she told you, as she scanned the area. 
"No, I insisted on helping," you told her. 
She looked at you and smiled. 
"Omo, my child!" She placed her hands on your cheeks. 
"I knew you would be the best daughter for Woohyun." 
She looked around. 
"Speaking of Woohyun, is he not here with you?" She asked. 
"No, he's not. I came here alone."
"Aish, that boy," Mrs. Nam muttered. 
"Let me call him," she said, taking out her phone from her bag. 
"It's okay, Mom. He doesn't know I'm here."
"What?" 
"I came here without telling him. He's probably at work, and I didn't want him to worry about anything," you explained to your mother-in-law. 
"Thanks for taking care of him," Mrs. Nam thanked you. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
She looked around the garden. 
"Did you decorate the garden?" She asked.
You looked back at your work. 
"Does it look okay?" You asked her, feeling a little nervous on what she thought about it. 
"I love it, and I just know that my friend, Eunjoo is going to love it even more. It's perfect!" She said, smiling at you. 
"Thank you." 

"Mom, you should go inside. It's getting a little chilly outside," you told her. 
"Ah, I should. Are you okay being outside though?" She asked you. 
"I'm fine," you assured her. 
"I'll see later," she smiled once more, before walking inside the venue. 
You took a sigh and looked at your art. You felt satisfied with it. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You heard someone walking behind you. On a thought, you suspected it to be your mother-in-law. 
"Mom, did you forget something?" You asked, as you turned around. 
He stood there, smiling at you with one hand in his pocket. 
"Woohyun," you called him. 
He walked closer to you. 
"What are you doing here?" You asked, quite surprised to see him as you thought he'd be at work. 
"I'm here to see you," he stated. 
You thought for a while before answering him. 
"How did you know I was here?" you asked him. 
He pretended to think. 
"Hmm, maybe a tracking device?" He joked. 
You freaked out for a bit and scanned your clothes.

Did he really put a tracking device on me? 
You thought. 

Woohyun stood in front of you and pulled you into a hug. 
"I'm just joking," he laughed. 
You pushed away and gave him an annoyed look. 
"That's not funny," you told him. 
"I'm sorry," he apologized as he continued to laugh about it.

Woohyun looked at the garden and was amazed. 
"Did you do this?" 
"Does it look okay?" You asked. 
You were a little scared.
"It's beautiful! I know that Mom's friend is going to love it," Woohyun also complimented.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Before you knew it, the party was tonight already. 
You looked at yourself in the mirror, twirling left and right. You fixed your hair and practiced a smile. 
Okay, this is it!
You confirmed. 
"------, are you finished?" 
You heard Woohyun yelled at the bottom. 
"Y-YES!" you answered back. 
To be honest, you were quite nervous about seeing him. 

You walked down the stairs and saw him fixing his tie. 
Woohyun stopped when he felt your presence.

Woohyun's jaw dropped. 
You wore a red off-shoulder, satin gown that perfectly shaped your curves.

"Do...I look okay?" you asked him, reaching the last step of the stairs. 
Woohyun was still starstruck by your beauty. 
You looked at him with a little more concern. 
You waved your hand in front of him, snapping him back. 

"What did you say?" He asked again, feeling a little embarrassed. 
"Is this dress okay?" You asked him again. 
"You look stunning," he complimented; his jaws dropped still obsessing over you. 
You nervously laughed at his compliment, feeling nervous around him. 
You noticed that he was holding onto his tie. 
"Did you need help with your tie?" You asked him, pointing at his tie. 
Woohyun looked at his black tie.
"That would be nice," he smiled, handing it over to you.
You shyly took his tie out of his hand and draped it behind his neck. 

Meanwhile, Woohyun stared at your sparkling, brown eyes.
"I can't tie this tie if you keep staring at me like that, Woohyun," you told him, as overlap the tie on itself a few times.
"I can't stare?" He questioned.
You looked up at him.
You felt his warm breath and his closeness.
You held yours in as you were too nervous to continue breathing correctly.
Your cheeks flushed a bright pink color, making you look away from Woohyun.
"There."
You perfected the tie and looked at him again.
"Thank you, sweetheart!" He winked, sending butterflies in your stomach.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
The moment you and Woohyun stepped out of the limo, you guys became the stars of the show.
You grabbed onto Woohyun's arm, squeezing his arm, getting his attention. 
The blinding flashes of the cameras were enough to make you anxious.
Woohyun looked over to you, as he felt your tight grab.
Woohyun placed his hand on top of your hand, that gripped onto him so tightly.
"Are you okay?" He asked, in a concerned tone.
You looked over to him and swallowed your saliva.
Truthfully, you were nervous, but you didn't want to concern him.
You took a deep breath and shook your head in denial.
"I'm okay," you managed to slip a smile in. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
After walking through the flashes, you and Woohyun finally made it into the building.
Flower garlands hung on the ceilings, fairy lights lite the inside, the fresh greens of bouquets complimented the flowers so well.
Every person was dressed in their best.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"Aigoo, my sweet daughter!" 

You and Woohyu turned around to be greeted by his mom, your mother-in-law.
You bowed and leaned in for a hug.
She gently cupped your face, trying to not ruin your make-up.
"You're so beautiful!" She complimented, smiling from ear-to-ear.
"Mom, what about me?" Woohyun whined.
She gave a quick glance at Woohyun.
"Eh," she joked, making you burst into laughter.
Mrs. Nam gave you another hug.
"You guys are the stars of the show," your mom said, smiling.

"Omo, is this your daughter-in-law?" 
Your mother-in-law looked over her shoulder while you and Woohyun lifted your eyes up to see who was asking the question.
"Eunjoo-ah!" Your mother called.
She walked over to her friend and gave her a hug, before pulling her friend towards you and Woohyun. 
"Yes, this is my daughter-in-law, ------ and of course, you know, Woohyun," your mom introduced. 

You bowed to her as soon as she looked over to you.
"I just wanted to thank you so much for helping with the decoration. I appreciate it so much," she smiled.
She looked over at Woohyun. 
"Woohyun-ah, you're a very lucky man," she winked. 

Woohyun chuckled.
"Are we getting any good news soon?" Eunjoo asked, looking at you.
Good news?
Your brows furrowed in confusion.
Woohyun walked over and slipped his arms around your waist, pulling you close to him.
"Very soon, Mrs. Eunjoo," Woohyun answered.

You looked over at Woohyun, and he looked down at you, sending you a wink.
Aish, you ert!
You gave Mrs. Eunjoo a nervous chuckle.
"Well, your mom and I will be waiting then," she said.
"You guys enjoy the rest of the night. ------, please come see me later, before you guys leave, okay?" Mrs. Eunjoo said, before taking her leave.

"-----, I will be sitting over there," your mom said, pointing at her table, "if you need me, okay?" she said. 
"Thank you, Mom!" You smiled to her.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You and Woohyun walked out to the garden, each carrying a drink.
Remembering what he said earlier, you playfully elbowed his stomach, making him groan. 
"What was that for?" Woohyun asked, rubbing the area you elbowed.
"What you said earlier," you replied, setting down your drink on one of the high tables.
Woohyun chuckled, setting his drink down after.
"It's true," Woohyun winked. 

"Are you...Are you being for real?" You asked him, giving him an anxious stare.
Woohyun looked over at you, ready to say another joke.
He noticed your nervous look and walked closer to you, putting his hand behind your back.
"--------, I was just playing with you."
You looked at him, feeling a little relieved.
"I'm sorry if it made you feel uncomfortable," Woohyun apologized.
"N-no, it's just that..." 
You were reminded of that damn contract.
"Don't worry, I'm never going to force you," Woohyun smiled.
"Thank you," you replied.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You and Woohyun stood outside, looking at the stars and exchanging small talks here and there.
It felt like a first date, but instead as husband and wife.
"You're like a star in the mist," Woohyun suddenly said.
You looked over to him.
"Excuse me?"
Woohyun broke away from the stars, and his eyes were on you.
"You're like a star in the mist," he repeated.
You couldn't quite get his comparison.
Woohyun read that you didn't catch onto his analogy.
"Everytime I feel lost and drained, I just think of you and it makes me feel better.
You just shine so bright," Woohyun explained.
You didn't know how to react. The guilt began rising from the bottom of 
your stomach. You wanted to throw up.
"There will always be obstacles, but I know that you'll be at the end, cheering on for me."
You wanted to say the same to him, but nothing came out.
"You don't need to say anything. It's just that the stars remind me of you. You're the light in my life," Woohyun finished.
You walked over to him and wrapped your arms around his shoulders.
Woohyun wrapped his around your waist, pulling you closer to his body.
He loved your vanilla scent.
"Thank you," you said, burying your face on his shoulder.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You and Woohyun headed back inside the venue.
"Woohyun, I'm going to head to the bathroom. I'll be back," you told him. 
"Oh, could you grab me another drink when you come back? I'll be by the dance floor,"Woohyun requested. 
You nodded to his request.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You walked out of the bathroom, looking at the decor. You couldn't get over the fact that the venue was just so beautiful.
You grabbed another drink for Woohyun before heading to the dance floor.
You scanned around the room, but no signs of Woohyun anyway.

Hmm, where did he go? 
You thought.
You decided to do a quick scan around the room.
With no luck, you headed back to the massive garden, hoping that he would be walking around somewhere.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
As you searched for him, you were lowkey distracted by the flowers and fairy lights that twirled on top of the bushes.
Ahh, so pretty! I love these flowers.
It really created a warm and entertaining atmosphere. 

"Woohyun!"

You looked across the wide floral garden the moment you heard his name.
You squinted your eyes for a clearer image.
To your surprise, it really was him, your husband, Nam Woohyun.
The lady had her arms around his waist.
You couldn't believe your eyes and you didn't want to believe it.
You held onto his glass of wine tightly.

Woohyun turned around to face the lady.
Your eyes widened and began to water the moment you witness the lady leaned into him,
as they were only a few inches away from each other.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Please send lots of love to Infinite.

♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story Star in the Mist or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below!

-Inspirit_07