☆Proposal☆

Star in the Mist

You sat outside, waiting for your stepmom and Daehi to finish up breakfast. 
Your thoughts wandered off to him. 
"Woohyun," you whispered, then smiled. 

"What did you say?" 
You quickly turned around and stood up, looking at Daehi. 
"I didn't say anything," you denied. 
"Yah, you think I didn't hear you. What did you say?" Daehi asked again. 
"I really didn't say anything. Are you guys finished?" You asked her, looking pass her shoulder. 
Daehi gave you an annoyed face. 
"Go clean up," she said, before entering the house. 
You followed after her. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"I heard that there's a new club opening next door," your stepmom said. 
You stopped cleaning and looked at her. 
"Ah yes, there is. I"m not sure when it'll open though." 
"Make sure you apply there when it opens. Me and my Daehi are going to go to Jeju Island for her birthday," your stepmom smiled at Daehi, as Daehi returned the same excited smile. 
You didn't know if you should be happy for them. 
"Jeju Island?" You repeated. 
Your stepmom annoyingly rolled her eyes at you. 
"Are you deaf? Her birthday is coming up quick. If you can't find another job, maybe try selling your body. I heard they make fast money." 
You couldn't believe what your stepmom said. You wanted to say something, but nothing came out. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"I'm going to work. I'll be back later," you said to your stepmom, who was watching a drama. She didn't care what you had to say. 
You closed the door and walked to the bus station. You thought about her words again. 
Maybe try selling your body.
Your eyes became teary. You inhaled and exhaled to calm yourself down. 
"Today's going to be a good day," you whispered to yourself.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"-------, there's a customer looking for you," Minhye said. You stopped folding the scarves. 
"Me?" 
You were a litttle surprised. No one has ever looked for you. 
"Yea, she said she'll be outside waiting for you." 
"Outside the mall?" You asked Minhye, looking pass her shoulder and outside of the shop.
"I think so? I think I saw Ms. Lee talking to her," Minhye said. 
"Thanks, Minhye," you smiled at her, "I'll go talk to Ms. Lee." 
"Yea, you should. I'll take over this, " Minhye smiled at you, assuring that she got it. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You walked to the registers, where Ms. Lee was. 
Ms. Lee lifted her head up when she saw you. 
"Oh, -----! I was just going to ask Minhye to get you." 
"Oh, she did. She said someone wanted to talk to me." 
"Ah yes. She's outside of the mall waiting for you. You can go. Take today off." 
"No, it's okay. I'll be back." 
You needed the money. You couldn't afford to take a day off. 
Ms. Lee smiled at you. 
"Don't worry. This is a paid time-off. Take today off after you're finished," she said. 
To be quite honest, you were a little confused. You bowed and thanked her before grabbing your jacket and your bag. 
You walked outside and saw a lady with a tall man next to her. 
Is she the lady? 
You thought. 
You approached them. 
"Excuse me?" You said. 
The lady turned around. 
"Oh, Ms. Nam," you said in surprise. 
You bowed to her. 
"Ms. Lee said you had to talk to me. What is it about?" You asked her. 
She smiled at you. 
"Have you had lunch?" She asked. 
You were a little confused. 
"I'm sorry?" 
"Are you hungry? Let's go eat lunch together," Ms. Nam said. 
You actually didn't know how to reply. Before you could say anything, Ms.Nam pulled you with her. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You sat next to her as Mr. Kim drove you two. 
It was your first time in a car. No public transportation for the first time. You looked out the window. It definitely felt different from the bus view or the cab. 
"What would you like to eat?" Ms. Nam asked, interrupting your thoughts. You looked at her. 
"Anything is fine," you replied. 
Ms. Nam smiled, then she looked at Mr. Kim through the rear mirror. 
"Jungsik Seoul." 
Mr.Kim nodded. 
Jungsik Seoul?
You thought. 
You've never heard of it before. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Within twenty minutes or so, the car parked in front of black building. Mr. Kim opened the door for you both. 
You looked at him when you got out and bowed. 
"Thank you," you smiled, and he smiled back. 
You followed Ms. Nam inside the restaurant. 
This was your first time in such fancy restaurant. 
"We're very happy to see you again, Mrs.Nam," the host greeted.
They know her too? She must be very well-known.
You thought, as you looked around the restaurant. 
The host took you two into a private room. 
"Please take your time with the menu. We'll be back to take your order," the host said before closing the door. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You sat across from Mrs. Nam. 
"Order whatever want," she smiled at you, before opening her menu. You bowed, then you picked up the menu. 
Your eyes widened, seeing the prices. 
This was total fine dining. You had no idea what to order. You set your menu down and looked at Mrs. Nam. 
"Are you ready to order?' She asked. 
You gave her an embarrassed look. 
"I've actually never had these before. I'm not quite sure what to order," You embarrassingly told her. 
"Don't worry then," she smiled. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Within a few minutes, there were at least 10 dishes in front of you. You had no idea where to start and what to eat. 
"Please help yourself," Mrs. Nam said. You bowed to her. 
"It's only right for you to take the first bite," you told her. 
She chuckled and she did exactly what you asked. 
The meal started off a little quiet, but soon you got comfortable with her. 

"-------, how old are you?" She asked. 
You set your chopsticks down and wiped your mouth. 
"I'm 25," you replied. 
"I have a son who just turned 27," she said. 
"Really?" 
"Yea, he's getting old," she joked. 
"Oh, 27 isn't that old yet." 
"I've been thinking about this a few days ago, and I thought you two should meet each other," she suddenly said. 
You were a little shocked. 
"W-what?" 
"I know. I know. I really didn't want to shock you," she chuckled. 
"Oh, it's not that. I...don't think I'm qualified." 
"Who said that?" She asked. 
You actually didn't know how to respond to her. 
"I think it'd be great if you two meet each other," she said again. 
You were speechless, so you gave her a small smile. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Mr. Kim dropped you off back at the mall. You got out and bowed to Mrs. Nam, who had her window down. 
"Thank you for the meal," you smiled.
"It's really nothing, --------. I hope to see you soon," Mrs. Nam smiled back at you.
"Enjoy the rest of your day," you said. 
Mrs. Nam smiled once more, and then they left. 
You waited for her car to join the rest on the street, before you started making your way to the bus station. 
You slowly dragged your feet to the bus station, which was quite a walk from the mall. 
You thought about what Mrs. Nam said. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"I think you'd be a great daughter-in-law." 
"E-excuse me?" 
"I sincerely mean that. You're a hardworking lady, and I like that about you." 
You thought about what she knew about you; given that, you guys only spoke that one time.
"I like your work ethic, your passion, and your pride. From that, I can read that you're a wonderful person." 
Did she just read my thoughts? 
You thought. 
"I'm not forcing you to date my son, but I'd like for you guys to meet each other." 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Your thoughts were interrupted when there was a honk behind you. You looked over your shoulder to see the car pull up right next to you. 
You bent down to see the person a little clearer, as the window rolled down.
You gasped. 
"Woohyun-shi?" 
He smiled from inside his car. 
"Coffee?" He asked. 
"H-huh?" 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You sat beside him, holdiing onto a cup of iced coffee, enjoying the view in front. He looked at you. 
"It's nice weather today," he mentioned, causing you to break away from the view to look at him. 
"Yea, today's nice. The sun and the breeze really makes it a good day," you chuckled. 
"It really does," he replied. He took a sip of his coffee and looked at you again. 
"Were you on your way to work?" He asked. 
"Actually, I just got back from lunch with a customer. I was heading home," you told him. 
"Ohh, how was lunch?" 
"It was nice. Did you have lunch?" You asked. 
"I did, but probably not as good as yours." 
"As long as you're full, that's all that matters," you chuckled. 
"I suppose you're right," he replied.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You guys walked back to his car. 
"Let me give you a ride," he offered, turning back to look at you. 
"It's okay. I hate to be a bother," you replied. 
"You declined the first time," he said. 
"Woohyun-shi, it's really okay," you declined again. 
"Please," he asked again. 
You thought for a while before. 
"Since you paid for the last meal and coffee," you said. 
He smiled and opened the passenger side for you. 
You shyly got inside, and he closed the door then ran to his side. 
This would be your second time in a car. 

You pulled the seat belt, and unintentionally looked over to him, only to see him looking at you as he clicked on his belt.
"Is there something on my face?" You asked. 
He chuckled. 
"No, there's nothing." 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
The car ride was quiet. You were nervous, but you didn't know what kind of nervous it was. Was it scared-nervous? Was it love-nervous? Or, was it boy-nervous? 
"Do you live alone?" 
His question distracted your thoughts. 
"No, I don't. I live with my stepmom and stepsister." 
"I know this is a sensitive topic, but what happened to your parents?" He asked, glancing over. 
"Ah, it's no problem, really. My mom left when I was a baby. My dad passed away a few years ago." 
"I'm sorry." 
"It's okay," you smiled. Deep inside, you were sorry for yourself as well. 
"Oh, make a right turn at that street," you pointed. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Woohyun parked the car in front of your house.
"Wait here," he said, getting out of the car first. 
You were a little confused but stayed in the car. Woohyun ran over to your side and opened the door for you. 
You gave him a confused look then got out. 
"Thank you," you said. 
He smiled. 
"Thank you for the ride, Woohyun-shi." 
He thought for a while. 
"Drop the -shi. Woohyun, sounds just fine," he said. 
You chuckled. 
"Woohyun, thank you for the ride." 
"No problem, -------shi!" 
You laughed. 
"You can drop the -shi, too. ------- is fine for me." 
"I'll see you around then," he said.
"I'll see you too," you replied. 
With that, Woohyun got in his car and drove away. 

You smiled, eyes glued to his car. 
"Woohyun," you whispered his name.

"Who was that?" 
You turned around to see Daehi standing behind you, with her arms crossed. 
"Daehi, when did you get here?" You asked her. 
"Who are you to ask me that question?" She glared at you. 
"Who dropped you off?" She asked again. 
"It's just a .... friend," you replied. 
"A friend? A person like you has guy friends too?" She asked. 
You didn't know how to reply back to her. 
"What's his name?" She asked. 
You thought for a while. 
"Yah! What's his name?" 
"Woohyun." 
"Woohyun?" Daehi said again. 
"Yes." 
"Are you sure he's your friend? Why would someone that handsome and rich want to be your friend?" Daehi scanned you up and down. 
"He's just a friend. Nothing more." You responded. 
Daehi rolled her eyes and walked back inside the house.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You and Mrs. Nam continued to see each other for the past months, going out on brunch dates and coffee together. For once, you felt what motherly love feels like.
"-------, when would be a good time for you to meet my son?" 
You choked on your juice. You wiped your mouth and looked at her. 
"Excuse me," you said. 
"I'm sorry," she chuckled. 
"Um, I'm not sure," you responded. 
"It's okay, if you're not ready," she smiled. 
"No, it's not that. I just need to double check my schedule that's all," you lied. 
Truth is there has been one man that's been running through your mind. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
On the other side, you and Woohyun haven't seen each other much. You wondered what he has been up to.
"Yah! Don't forget to pay for my credit card bills." Your stepmom yelled out from the living room.
You turned off the water and sighed. 
You thought about how much you had left to pay. 
After this week's paycheck, 50 million won left.
You thought.  
"Yah!" 
"Yes, don't worry, I will cover it." You responded.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Just as you were about to walk to your room, Daehi stopped you. 
"Yah." 
You turned around. 
"Yes?" 
"What's Woohyun's phone?" She asked. 
"Huh?" 
"You said you and Woohyun are friends. What's his number?" She asked again, taking her phone out. 
"His number?" 
"Yah! Are you deaf?" 
"I ... don't have his number." 
She scoffed. 
"Are you trying to keep him to yourself?" 
"N-no. I really don't have his number." 
"How can you be friends and don't have his number?" 
"I don't have a phone." You said. 
"Make sure you get his number tomorrow. I feel a connection with him." Daehi smiled, thinking of all the possibilities of her with Woohyun. 
"Actually, we haven't seen each other for a while now. I think he's busy." 
She gave you an "I don't care" look. 
"So, what do you want me to do?" She asked. 
"Well, I'm saying that I might not see him tomorrow." 
"I don't care. Make sure you get his number tomorrow," she said, before entering her room. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You sat across from Mrs. Nam. 
"I ordered already, and I hope you're okay with that," Mrs. Nam said. 
"Oh, that's fine! I'm okay with anything," you smiled. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
There were at least 30 dishes on the table. 
You looked at Mrs. Nam a little surprised. 
"How are we going to finish all these food?" You asked her. She chuckled. 
"There's another person joining us," she replied. 
Your eyes widened. 
"W-what?" 
"My son will be joining us. He should be here soon," she smiled. 
"Your s-son?" You asked again.
"Yes, my son," she smiled.
"Ahh...where's the restroom?" 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You walked out of the room and down a hallway. 
Her son? I'm meeting her son? Why didn't she tell me? Her son?! Wait, what's her son's na-----
Your thoughts were interrupted when you bumped into someone, only for that person to grabbed your arm and pulled you into their embrace before you could fall to the ground..
You pulled back, still in his embrace. 
"Woohyun-ah." 
"-------?" 
You pulled out of his embrace. 
"I'm sorry. I wasn't looking. Are you okay?" 
"I'm fine. Are you okay?" 
"I'm good." 
"I haven't seen you. How are you?" He asked. 
"I'm well, thanks. How about yourself?" 
"I'm okay. Could be better, but it is what it is."
Woohyun looked around you. 
"Who are you here with?" He asked. 
"Oh, with a friend. How about you?" 
"I'm meeting my mom for brunch." 
"Oh, I hope you have a good one then." You smiled. 
"Thanks. Same goes to you." 
Just as you were going to walk away, Woohyun stopped you. 
"--------" 
You turned around. 
"Yes?" 
"Can we meet after?" He asked. 
You thought for a while, before giving him a smile. 
"That would be nice," you replied. 

"You're back," Mrs. Nam exclaimed. 
You saw that her son was sitting next to her, with the menu opened in front of him. 
Your heart began beating faster. Your palms were sweaty, and your legs were shaking. You sat down and smiled at Mrs. Nam. 
"Be polite." Mrs. Nam said, gently slapping her son's arm. 
"Sorry," he said, as he closed the menu and setting it down on the table. 
Your eyes widened, as you realized that Mrs. Nam's son was.... 

"Woohyun?"
He looked at you; eyes widened. 
"--------?" 
You both laughed in surprised. 
"You guys know each other?" Mrs. Nam asked in confusion. 
Woohyun looked at his mom. 
"In fact, we do," he replied. 
"That's great then. I don't have to introduce you guys to each other," Mrs. Nam celebrated.
"Well, you both are here for a reason," Mrs. Nam began. 
You two looked at her, confused. 
"What?" Woohyun asked.
Mrs. Nam looked at you and smiled. 
"---------, I'd like for you to marry my son."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite.

♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story Star in the Mist or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below!

-Inspirit_07