☆Ahjumma☆

Star in the Mist

"Would you be happier if we ended it here?"
Woohyun was taken back by the shocking question.
"End what?"
"This. The marriage. Maybe we should go back to our own life before all of this," you suggested, avoiding eye contact with him.
"When I took that vow, I meant every word of it."
You stayed silent.
"You can bring me the divorce papers, but please know that I'll never sign my name on it," Woohyun angrily said, before walking away.
Just when you thought you two could sort it out, everything seemed to go back down hill.
You wiped the tear away.
It's going to end anyway.
You thought.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
Another week passed. The silence in the house was slowly killing you.
You weren't sure if Woohyun was feeling the same.
On the other hand, Woohyun still couldn't figure out why you chose that path, or even thought about that path.
You two sat across from each other, in silence, eating away your dinner.
Woohyun glanced up at you, who looked gloomy.
"Pack for a 3 days trip this weekend. I got a business travel to Jeju."
You looked up from your plate, as his request caught your attention.
"Pack for yourself too. You're coming along," Woohyun said, before taking his leave out of the kitchen.
You looked over your shoulder, confused.
What?!

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
You stood outside of the car, patiently, waiting for Woohyun to unload the bags out of the trunk.
"We got it from here, Mr. Kim. Thanks for dropping us off!" Woohyun thanked. You, on the other hand, gave Mr. Kim a bow to show your gratitude.
"Safe travels, Mr. and Mrs. Nam," Mr. Kim bowed before taking his leave.
Just as you were about to grab your bag, Woohyun quickly snatched it before you could even grab a hold of it.
"Woohyun," you managed to say his name. You didn't realized how much you missed saying his name.
Woohyun continued walking away from you, ignoring your call.
You sighed and quickly ran to catch up to him.
"I can take my bag."
Woohyun placed your bag on the conveyor belt as security checked.
You quickly walked ahead of Woohyun, getting checked first.
Your bag appeared on the other end, grabbing it before Woohyun could.
You walked ahead of him as he trailed behind you.
You thought by doing what you did would stop him, but you thought wrong.
Woohyun grabbed your bag, stopping you.
"I can carry it on my own," you told him, as you two were now holding the bag.
"I'll carry it."
You gave up and releasing your grip on the bag.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Before you knew it, the plane landed on Jeju Island.
It would be your first time.
There was so much stuff you wanted to explore, but you knew this was a business trip.
You would be tagging along with Woohyun only. 
You and Woohyun walked out of the airport to be greeted by another man.
"Mr. and Mrs. Nam," he bowed to you two.
"Thank you for picking us up, Mr. Yoo," Woohyun smiled.
You gave him a small bow.
It was a tendency for you to do.
Sometimes you forgot that you married one of the richest men in Seoul.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
You sat by the window behind the driver's side, while Woohyun sat by the other window.
You looked out and smiled.
You didn't know how green and different it would be from the city.
Woohyun looked over at you, noticing that you were distracted by the view.
He wanted to say something to you, but nothing came out, so he went back and looked out his window.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Woohyun, again, carried your bag inside while you trailed behind him.
Everything was new to you. You felt like a foreigner, excited to sight-see.
You slowly observed the tall ceilings and modern, yet simple decor.
You never thought you'd get a chance to be in such beautiful place and after all, it was Jeju Island.
After Woohyun checked you two in, you both made your way to the elevator.
You two stood side-by-side, neither saying a word to each other.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
You trailed behind Woohyun, as he opened the door to luxurious suite.
Your eyes widened in surprised. You've never seen a room so huge.
"I'm going to go out for a second," Woohyun said, as he set the bags down.
You stayed quiet, though acknowledge his words.

Woohyun walked out, leaving you in the room alone.
You smiled, quickly touring the room.
You looked in the bedroom, realizing there was only one bed.
You had decided that you'd take the couch for tonight, while Woohyun got the bed.
You walked out on the balcony, smelling the Jeju air. 
You closed your eyes for a second, taking in the sound of the waves.
Hm, it doesn't hurt to walk around, right?
You thought, opening your eyes.
You walked out, carrying nothing with you.
People smiled and greeted you.
You were a little confused, but still returned the same gesture. 
Wow! I'm really here!
You smiled, absorbing the sun and air and everything about the island.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
You came upon an old ahjumma. She smiled at you, waving you to go over to her small shop.
As the person you were, you walked over to her shop.
"You're so pretty!" She complimented, carefully observing your beauty.
You were greatly flattered, as her compliment had you speechless.
"Thank you," you smiled.
No one has ever complimented you in such way. It felt great.
"Are you here on trip?" She asked.
"No, I'm here with..." the word you felt you had no right to say.
"Your husband?" she asked, finishing your sentence.
You looked at her a little surprised.
"Ah...yes." You kept that same smile on.
"I knew you'd be married. I mean, look at you," she chuckled.
Your cheeks flushed pink.
"Have you eaten?"
"Actually, I just landed. I was just sightseeing for a bit."
"Why don't you join me for dinner?" She asked.
Her unexpected request left you speechless once again.
A stranger asking another stranger for dinner.
You didn't know what to say to her.
You felt you've always missed that part of having a grandmother.
You thought for a bit.
It was a nice break away from Woohyun. 

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
"Let me help," you offered.
She looked at you and nodded her head followed by a smile.
While you helped her cook, you guys spoke about life on the island and the city.
It was definitely the breather you needed from Jihyun, your stepmom, Daehi, and him.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
You sat across from her.
You bowed your head, thanking her for the meal, before you two began digging in.
"So, tell me about this man, your husband," she asked.
You looked up from your bowl. Truth was there was many good things about him.
"What did you want to know?" 
"How did you two meet?" she asked, picking up a piece of kimchi with her chopsticks.
You smiled, thinking about that day. You lowered your bowl of rice down.
"That day I was running late to work, and we bumped into each other. He was leaving and I was coming in.
When I got to the store I worked at, I realized that I had lost my bracelet.
I went back to the front and he was there. He gave me bracelet back to me."
"Ahhhh, it sounds so magical. Looks like fate was on both of your sides that day," she winked.
"How long have you two been married?" She asked.
"A few months."
"I wish you two a very healthy and happy marriage," she smiled.
You returned her a smile, though you hoped she didn't sense the pain with that smile.
"What about you, ahjumma? I'm sure you lived you here a long time."
"Aigoo, I have. All my life."
"Do you have any regular favorites who comes here? I know that Jeju Island is a hot tourist spot. I'm sure you've met people from all over the world."
"Actually, there is this man, who always stops by when he's in town. He is a very sweet and gentle person. He often spoke about the girl who broke his heart. He had told me about how much he wanted a partner who'd care and love him. I wonder how he's doing. I haven't seen him in forever," she frowned a bit.
"Don't worry. I'm sure he's doing well."
"No, the last time he stopped by he was very saddened by the way his girlfriend broke up with him. Poor boy. I only hope he's doing alright in the city," she said.
"Oh," you were saddened to hear about the news of the man, "I hope he drops by soon," you tried cheering her up.
"I hope so too."

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
You bowed once more to the ahjumma.
"Thank you so much for the invite and the meal! I haven't had a good meal like this for a while," you smiled.
"Aigoo, it's no problem! I'm so happy that you stopped by. If you aren't in a rush, I hope you and your husband stop by before you two leave. If not, I wish you two a very well stay!" She smiled back.
You bowed once more before taking your leave.
You stopped and turned back to wave at her, as she waved back.
That was really what I needed.
You thought.
You haven't had that kind of talk in a long time.
Not just that, but the way the ahjumma spoke to you, it was really motherly; a motherly love that was missing in your life; not that Mrs. Nam didn't love you, but it was somewhat different. 

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
You stood in front of the door, realizing that you didn't have a card to get into the room.
Aish, I should have asked for a key.
You mentally facepalmed. 
You looked down the hallways, only to see it empty both ways.
Should I ask for a spare key?
You thought before heading back down.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
You looked at the reception.
Maybe not. That would be embarrassing.
You thought.
You decided to walk around the building. It was much quieter during the night time.
You walked out in the back and walked towards the sandy beach. The sound of the waves clashing each other was music to your ears.
It put you at ease. 

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
You walked along the water, as your shoes dangled on the index and middle fingers on your right hand.
You thought back to what the ahjumma said.
You truly wanted the marriage to be as what she wished to be, but how was that going to happen between you and Woohyun, when the plan was to leave him in the end.
"------------?!" 
You slowly looked over your shoulder.
He had the face of concerned and relief.
Woohyun ran up to you, wrapping his muscular arms around your waist, pressing both of your bodies together.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Please send lots of love to Infinite.

(11.13) Special shoutout to:
@Purplecosmos
&
@my silent readers

♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story Star in the Mist or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below!

-Inspirit_07