2 PM

Sparta and Ace

 

“I would like to  be 2PM” Jong Kook answered without a thought.

 

“Is it because they have the same body as you?” the MC asked.

 

“Yeah, I will fit right in.” Jong Kook immediately replied. Of course, and there were others beastly idol groups, but Ji Hyo only like 2 PM and .. his ears turned slightly pink. If he was one of them, maybe Ji Hyo would like him too.

 

He had, without a doubt, Ji Hyo liked him as an Oppa in running man. He would give it all to look after the petite woman but yet he had longed for something more, something beyond the family, beyond running man. He had to blame on his over analytical self, he had analysed them over and over and each time, he would dash his own hopes. He winced, trying to search for a movie to numb his brain, on the small screen on his way back to Korea. Who would think that he, Kim Jong Kook, was a coward.

 

His thought drifted toward the woman, he had given her such liberty, all the running man had envied what Ji Hyo could influence him. While he maintained both a professional and brotherly relationship with the rest, there was no other that could make him so protective and generous towards. If Ji Hyo wanted something, there was no stopping him to help her get it. Everyone knew it but Ji Hyo was not someone that misused the privilege. And that made him love her more.  

 

Ji Hyo, or Seong-Im, he liked to call her in private. She would suffer in silence, been the only woman in the group. Sometimes, all of them forgotten the fact she was a woman. Maybe it because she had outperformed any woman and they had treated her as equal but did not make her their equal in physic sometimes. He had tried to limit his strength but accident did happen, and each time he had wished it was him.

 

Her small hands would massage him if she saw he was in pain and he would reciprocate after he found out she did not mind him massaging her. It was something special between the two of them. She would massage anyone in need but not anybody could touch her. He would be gentle with her, making sure the massage would ease all the tiredness from her body.

 

He turned off the screen and put on his headphone, listening to music of 2 PM, an album he knew she loved. The men voices soothed some of his feelings, it made him thought of how she looked in his car, just the two of them, the men’ voice filled the comfortable silence. She would close her eyes and hum with them.

 

There was this once, on the way to meet the rest, he had picked her up since he was nearby. “Oppa, you like 2 PM?” she asked.

 

“Yeah, they had nice voice and body too. The boys are earnest and true. I like them.” he replied.

 

“I thought so too. Oppa, which song you like most? Mmm, I like too many of them to decide.”

 

“I like ‘I will be back’”

 

“Isn't it old school? Nothing newer” she teased.

 

His face turned slightly pink, “Well, that’s what I like.” he noticed she was busy on her phone.

 

“I found the MV! Oppa, Can you sing it for me?” she looked at him, her eyes expectantly.

 

“But ..” he hesitated, afraid she would say he did not sing their song well, afraid she laugh at him, afraid she would be disappointed.

 

“Oppa .” she pleaded, and he gave in. Maybe that would be good, he could give her up then. So he sang, with all his heart, he sang for her. She closed her eyes, listened to him sing. The song ended too quickly and broken the spell that had weaved them closer.

 

“Oppa, that was nice.” her voice sounded husky as if she just woke up.

 

“Thanks,” a pink tinted spread across his cheeks. Lucky he was tanned, he thought, as he felt the warmth on his face.

 

The song started on his headset, he remembered the magical moment, he remembered the sweet scent of her perfume, he remembered how she was indulged in his voice, he remembered how he had wanted her to remember him. He let the group finished singing the song, as the song ended, he sighed.

 

She was out of his league, he was an old man already. She was pretty, cheerful and so perfect . He should just accept the fact and move on. Of course, he would wish her the best possible, maybe match make her with some good guys. Kim Jong Kook, just be a man, he thought, ignoring how his heart had winced, and the hurt he felt thinking of her marrying someone else. But he loved her, loving her only meant wanting the best for her, and him was not the perfect person for her.

 

On the 10+ hours flight back, he had made the most important decision in his life, to forget that he ever loved a woman called Song Ji Hyo, to forget the only woman he wanted to live forever with, to forget the love of his life. He didn’t sleep a wink, afraid in his dreams, he would see her and forget the resolution to make her happy.

 

The plane came to a stop, he packed his things. “Hyung, I make a move first, Byul and dream are waiting for me.” Haha was totally excited to be reunited with his wife and son.

 

“Go ahead, I will catch with you later.” he waved goodbye to his buddy.

He took his time, like a criminal on a death sentence Every step felt heavy, pieces of his heart scattered behind him. Finally, he walked out of the arrival hall.

 

Someone in black, caught his eyes, a pair of sunglasses covered most of her face. A black cap over her long black hair. Her jeans had cuts around the knees area. Her style reflected what he is currently wearing. Even the sneakers were a similar colour. Although he could not see her eyes, he knew she was watching him, her stare following his every move.

 

Then she flew towards him, he could felt the intensity when she finally crashed into him, her arms tightly around him. His arms automatically when around her. To strangers, they were like a long-separated lover.

 

“Oppa, you are finally back,” she muttered into his chest. “Welcome back.” A warm pool of wetness was gathering at his chest.

 

“Ji Hyo, why are you crying,” he said in alarm.

 

“I am just happy you are safely back. I had come to fetch you. Let’s go?” she asked. He was surprised but agreed. There was no way he going to leave her after those tears. He passed all his belonging except for his bag to his manager and followed Ji Hyo to her car.

 

They quietly drove the way, from the airport to her house. It was like she was preparing for something, but Jong Kook could not guess what it was. She invited him in and poured them some drinks. “Oppa, you want a bath?” she suddenly asked.

 

“I really needed one, but ..” he said before he was cut off.

 

“You can bath in my bathroom, I will talk to you after your bath?” her big round eyes spoke of the silent plead.

 

“Ok,” Jong Kook was not used to bathing at other people house, much less a woman and a woman he had loved. Ji Hyo passed him one of her towels, and he used her shower gel. He quickly showered, but his blushed could not be hidden under his tan.

 

“Is the water too hot?” Ji Hyo asked when she noticed the redden skin.

 

He could only agree, while he sat down beside her. They smelt alike, he thought.

 

“Oppa, when you are in the US, I had a bad dream,” she began abruptly, “I dreamt you had died.” she looked at her fingers, biting her lips. “After I woke up, I just could not stop crying, I could not bear the void that it left me, knowing you would never return, knowing I would never see you again.” her tears started rolling down as she remembered the pain.

 

Jong Kook could only wipe away the tears and hugged her close. “But I am well, I am here now.” he tried to reassure her.

 

“But I need more, more than what we are now. I was so regretful that I could not tell you how I felt, letting you know my feelings. I wanted you to make the first move but you did not, but after the nightmare, I don’t want to wait anymore.” she muttered. Jong Kook felt his heart beat uncontrollably.

 

She pushed them apart and glanced into his eyes, “Oppa, I love you. I don’t know when you sneak into my heart but I love you.” she looked at him determinedly, and yet she was preparing a shield to brace herself. “I don’t care why you are not making the first move, but I wanted you to know I love you.” Jong Kook could not contain his happiness, she loved him, she really loved him! He had thought she only think of him as family, but here, here she was confessing her feelings for him.

 

“I … “ then he stopped himself, he remembered the decision he had made, “I …”

 

“Oppa! I dare you to tell me you don’t love me!” she asserted before her lips found his. He could feel her pouring her love into him and he could not help but returned with all his love. He started to trace her pretty lips when out of sudden, she bit him on his lips.

 

“Say you love me.” she demanded.

 

“I love you, Ji Hyo. I love you too much, I just want you to be happy,” he said sincerely. “I am not the perfect man for you.” he finally said it, he could felt his tears building up.

 

Her fists went to his chest, “Kim Jong Kook, listen up. I know you are the perfect man for me, I know you can make me the happiest woman on earth. Don’t you deny it and deny me of my happiness.” her eyes looking so desperate as if she was losing her hold on something precious to her. “You cannot make the decision for me, you hear,” she claimed.

 

If she said so, it must be true. He was her happiness, she had said, it must be true. “Really, I am your perfect man?” he asked, wanting to get a final confirmation from her.

 

“Ouch!!” he yelled as he felt Ji Hyo’s teeth sinking into his arm.

 

She then looked into his eyes, “Yes, and this will mark my love,” as she pointed to his arm. “Anything, you doubted me, you just need to remember this.”

 

He smiled, she smiled. They smiled.


Happy valentine to everyone ! hope you enjoy this story.