Princess and warrior

Sparta and Ace

 

 

Ji Hyo took a deep breath, she knew the moment she had been prepared for would be here tomorrow. She remembered as clear as it was yesterday, even it had happened more than two years ago.

 

The day that her father was killed by the evil general, was the day she was awaken from her days of being the sweet princess she always believed she was. She could still see the blood of her father draining from him, while she tried to revenge for him. But she was thrown into the dungeons instead, tortured so that she could agree to marry the evil general. He then could become the legal ruler easily. He didn’t succeed, she had held onto her will and refused to submit.

 

Then Jong Kook came and rescued her out of the dark dungeons, he took care of her weak body and weaken will. He took her on her first adventure to retrieve the legendary sword, the sword that only rulers of her father throne could wield. He was beside her all the way, encouraging her, making sure she was alright. He could not help her with the retrieving but he was taught her all she needed to know for the retrival.

 

The tedious training she had with him to master the skills, preparing her for this moment, 2 years had passed. She trained hard, and rescuing her people from the tyranny of the evil general. She smiled, although life was difficult, she experienced freedom and happiness she had never before.

 

And Jong Kook … Jong Kook was special, he was her teacher, her friend, her comrade. He was there for her these two years. If she fell, he was there to pick her up. If she was injured, he was there to make sure she got well. If she was sick, he was there to nurse her. If she was fighting, he will be looking after her back. If she felt like crying, he would look away, so that she could wet his back. If she laugh, he would be there to share the happiness. Jong Kook, Jong Kook was different from the other members, but Jong Kook was Jong Kook to all others too.. She sighed.

 

Tomorrow, they will fight the inevitable battle with the general, she touched the cold steel beside her, even in sleep, she had been trained to be able to find it immediately. She had felt inadequate, she was not ready yet, to lead her people to victory, but Jong Kook had reassured her she was ready in all aspect. She was trained by the best, Jae Suk the intelligent advisor had taught her much about management her country. Suk Jin, the financial advisor had coached her how to make more money for her people. Haha had educated her on how to make happiness in her land, laughter was always the best medicine. Gary looked into how to educate her people. Gary had said he was not clever, yet he enjoyed learning. Kwang Soo was given the task to make change the health system so that everyone would have a healthy life. Last but not least, you were helping to make the new laws of the country. And all of them had been dreaming of how to make the country better.

 

Jong Kook was the one with a different mission, he was in charge of her. He personally taught her how to defend herself, looked after her health, in charge of her time the whole day.. He was liked her mother, her father, her teacher, and her best friend. If she even frown a bit, he would know the reasons. She didn’t know how but he was this incredible person who knew her better than she herself. But yet, Jong Kook was Jong Kook, he took care of the rest too.

There was a knock at her door, “Are you sleeping yet? Can I come in?” As always, he could sense she was not sleeping.

 

“I am still awake, please come in.” she said.

 

“Are you nervous?” he went straight to the point.

 

“Of course, I am, who won’t” she answered, there was no point in denying.

 

“You are right..” he paused for a while, thinking hard. “Should I sing you a song?”

 

She raised her eyebrow, “You sing?”

 

“Well .. want to give it a try?”

 

“Ok.” she decided to let him accompany her more a bit more.

 

“Let me turn off the light,” the light was turned off, it seemed he stood beside the door, a strong tenor voice filled the dark room. His song relaxed her, she forgotten about her battle tomorrow, her eyelids felt heavy, and she slowly drifted into dreamland.

 

When she woke up the next day, she felt refreshed and ready. She met the others at the breakfast table, everyone gave her the biggest support. Jong Kook rode beside her, wearing his usual red armour, carrying his large sword behind him, she felt comfort knowing he will be protecting her like always. She had wore her favourite black armour, the one that he had prepared for her.

 

The two parties finally met on the open land, the armoured soldiers versus the pleasant. Ji Hyo drew her sword, she felt a warm hand on her back, she knew it was Jong Kook. His warmth seem to flow through his hand to her back, giving her support and calm down her throbbing heart.

 

She took a deep breath, “Fellow countrymen, today will be the day, we regain freedom from the tyrant! Fighting!” she shouted.

 

“Aye Aye Aye!” the rest of people chanted, “Aye Aye Aye, We believe in you. Aye Aye Aye, Princess, lead us to freedom and peace. Aye Aye Aye.” She raised her sword, it felt cool and she pointed towards the general, and kick her horse. The horse spearhead and the rest followed her.

 

Jong Kook chanted a spell, while keeping beside her. A Spell that would protect her, ensuring minimal harm. That would be enough, for the woman he loved, that would be the best for her. He now rush to protect the stream of soldiers coming towards them, clearing the obstacles for her. After like endless waving of his sword, he had became mechanical trying to clear the way. He could hear her beside him, but he was too busy to even stop to help her. He knew she would be well.

 

She could see him creating a path for her, her horse charge along the temporary path, she waved her sword at the occasional man who charge towards her. Her enemy growing nearer.

 

Then suddenly, he was there, on his horse, armour clean, looking fresh. “Princess, it could have been less bloody and easier, but I see, you love blood as much as me!”

 

“Never! These are brothers who could not live under your rule, they believe in the right way and chose to fight along with me.” Ji Hyo spat back. “Save the talking.”

 

She charged towards him, easing deflecting his move. “Oh mine, princess, you are getting better, i believe your teacher must be proud of you. But, I am better” the general laugh evilly.

 

Ji Hyo narrowed her eye, she believed in what Jong Kook had said, she was the best. She believed in herself. Out of sudden, she felt a stream of fresh energy ran through her, someone must have casted a spell to regain her strength.

 

“Sword, this is the moment.” her sword glimmered, acknowledging her statement. Without any warning ,she was surrounded by a bright light, then the light seemed to be absorbed by the sword. She was no longer the warrior in black, her armor had changed to white. She don’t have time to be astonished, she needed this element of surprise.

 

She charged again, this time, she succeed in harming the general, the smirk on his face was wiped off and he returned the blow. They were now fully engaged in fight, all around them soldiers were fighting the peasants.

 

Jong Kook felt weaker now, he knew his strength was feeding her. He was ensuring no one decided to help the general, bringing any obstacles in her way. Blood flowed out of his right arm, he bit his lips from the sudden pain, although no one had managed to hurt him yet. He just stood there guarding the fight, but everytime the general strike Ji Hyo, a fresh wound appeared on him.

 

He could felt his life energy draining, his eyes never left the beautiful princess, his thin lips broke into a smile as he saw his princess winning the fight and around him, soldiers were giving up. They were winning the war.

 

The general was now on the ground, pleading mercy. Ji Hyo pinned him with her sword, then the general used the last of his strength to leap from the ground and directed his sword at her heart. Jong Kook had no time to shout Ji Hyo to be careful, he felt himself dissolving into thin air, then he was no more.

 

Ji Hyo saw a flash of red blocked the charging sword, she aimed for the heart and her sword went through the general chest. Finally, the battle ended.

 

All around her was wounded and dead man, but she slowly raised her sword, “I am the true ruler. Stop all the fighting, we are brothers. Shed blood no more!” her shout was heard by all, everyone stop, the noisy battlefield became as silent as a graveyard.

 

Then “All hail, Princess Ji Hyo.” chanting could be heard all around.

 

She gave a victory smile, leaped on her horse. “Let’s bury the dead and tend to the wounded.” she slowly roamed through the battlefield reassuring and giving thanks to all her comrade. There was one person she was looking for but he could not be found.

 

Anxiety rose, she asked the rest of five men, but all of them shook their head. She saw the last man, Jae Suk. “Jae Suk, have you seem Jong Kook?”

 

Jae Suk eyes filled with realization, “No,” his brows frowned.

 

“But you know where he is. Tell me” The authority tone was definite in her voice.

 

“Ji Hyo..” Jae Suk tried not to answer, “I will find him, don’t worry. It had been a long day, time for you to rest” he asked 2 women to her to the palace, back to her room.

 

Yet  from his tone, Ji Hyo felt the worst. As she stood in front of her old mirror, she saw the white armour had changed again, red roses were now printed on the armor, and a big red rose, shaped like a heart, was on the right chest, where her heart was.

 

Tears dropped as her hand clasped the rose heart, she now knew where Jong Kook had gone, she knew he had kept his promise and protected her in the battle, and now he would forever protect her….

 


Hope you like the story, inspiration from their games endorsement. I hope I can find more time to write the stories, now i seem to be able to write a story once in a month... life had been too busy :(