Her Fall

Sparta and Ace

 

Jong Kook paced restlessly in his room, waiting for Ji Hyo to returned. Although he had examined and done some first aid after her fall, it would be best he could hear from the doctor how bad was it. He sighed, he had failed to protect the petite woman from her fall, his heart winced at the sight of her on the floor. Everyone had rushed to her side, he had immediately picked up the first aid kit. At the first sight of her nose, he had wished it was him instead.

 

Finally, he heard some noise and saw her returning to her room. He quickly left him and gave her door a knock. When she opened the door, a big white plaster covered her nose. “How was it?” he asked concernedly.

 

“The doctor said it was not serious and should get better tomorrow, although the bruise would take some time to recover.” as she led him into her room.

 

“Did it hurt still?” he was tempted to feel it once again to make sure nothing was broken.

 

“Of course, but not as bad as the fall.” she paused then looked expectedly at him, “I did good right after the fall?”

 

He grinned, “OF course you did,” his hand automatically went to her head and gave her a pat. “You were great! The fans loved you so much.” she beamed at his compliment.

 

“Let us see the review,” she said, picking up her tablet from her bed. “Mmm… Running Man Macau fanmeet” she uttered as she typed in the keyword to search for fan reactions.

 

Jong Kook took a seat on the room’s sofa, Ji Hyo landed herself beside him with a thud. She sat crosslegged, “Oppa, we looked good.” she smiled as she saw the different photos, then there was a photo of her injured nose, she pouted, “Oppa, look it is  ugly!”

 

Jong Kook two fingers popped her slighted bloated cheeks, “It’s the prettiest bruise I ever saw, how can you said it’s ugly.”

 

“But .. it is right in the middle of my face! Now with the beauty show, it needs to be perfect!” Ji Hyo sulked.

 

Jong Kook gave her a side hug, “I think you are still the prettiest woman I ever saw ever with that bruise on your face. It made you real!” Ji Hyo face suddenly turned red, she was not expecting Jong Kook to say such sweet words, and they had filled her heart with honey.

 

Jong Kook had also turned red, he had blabbered the words out without thinking, “Mm.. it's late, you need your beauty rest. I .. I’m going back.” He quickly got off the couch to leave the room. “Ji Hyo, you still want to join us tomorrow?” he said hesitantly, knowing she did care about how she looked.

 

“Of course, I had promised aunty, or else she said she would get bored by you guys.” she followed him to the door, “Sweet dreams, Oppa”

 

“Sweet dreams Ji Hyo.” he softly uttered, smiling to himself.

 

___________________________________________

 

The next morning, his phone ringing had woken him out, it turned out to be his mum, waking him out for breakfast. Well as a mother’s boy, he got out but he was not exactly happy about it. He remembered something and started to text on his phone.

 

“How are you feeling?”

 

“I am fine, Oppa don’t worry. But Oppa, the plaster won’t get on nicely on my nose :(“ she replied.

 

“You want my help?” he asked.

 

“How can you help?” she wondered, putting an icon of a smiley with a question mark.

 

“Well, wait for me…” and he off to her room.

 

Ji Hyo heard the knock on her door almost immediately, a smile immediately blossom on her face. She quickly opened her door to let Jong Kook in.

 

“So ?” she tried to make her face looked as much as she did not believe in Jong Kook.

 

Jong Kook could not help but planted a kiss on her pink cheek, and her cheeks immediately turned red. “Oppa!” she could not help but need to use her cutest voice. He smiled and his fingers slipped firmly around hers.

 

“Come, let me take a look at the plaster again,” he said as he led her back to the sofa. The plaster was trying hard to stick to her nose, but it is miserably failing in its attempt. The corners were sticking out. No wonder Ji Hyo was unhappy. He went to take a new piece as well as the medication for the bruise.

 

“Let me put it on again,” he said as he gently removed the plaster. Ji Hyo nodded her head, she loved to be his patient and gosh, he was so gentle, she could not feel any pain. He took a bit of the medicine and lightly dabbed on her nose, wincing at the sight of blue and blacks on her nose.

 

“It will heal Oppa,” she said, her hands trying to smoothen his unhappiness.

 

“I know, but that was a hard fall,” he said, peeling the plaster, before affixing the brown plaster on her face. It now looked like a shield protecting the cut.

 

"Have you packed yet? Need my help?” he asked, he needed to help his injured girlfriend.

 

“Not yet..” before Ji Hyo could continue, Jong Kook raised himself off the couch and wanted to walk towards her room. “No!” Ji Hyo shouted in fear and embarrassment. “I can ..  I can do it on my own.” she quickly explained, she stood up immediately and pushed him towards the door. “Thanks for the help.. I go .. I go and pack now.”

 

“I could help..” Jong Kook could not help but teased his flustered girlfriend. He wondered why she was so shy. Then he felt cheeky, “you do know someday  I will get to see everything.” he whispered in a low and husky voice.

 

Ji Hyo turned red from head to toe, she shuttered, “Then .. then … wait … until that ...day!” she gave him a big push out of her door and instantly shut her door.  She could hear his hearty laughter on the other side. She had to agree what he said was true but till then it will always be a mystery as she turned to her bedroom and started to pack for the journey back Korea.


 


 

Sorry, I know this is liked way late, but it had been sitting in my story bank half written and I felt "Princess and Warrior first." Congratulations to Gary and I hope both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo will follow suite. :)