Cough

Sparta and Ace

She snuggled in bed, coughing slightly, she was given the day off after her filming since the director saw that she was ill. He had given her permission to knock off early while they filmed the rest without her today.

 

She needed the rest so that she can perform well for both running man and her latest drama. She coughed again, and she sipped a bit of honey water to soothe the irritation was feeling. She had slept enough, and determined to stay awake for a while before dinner and before her next dose of cough syrup which would knock her out again. She was already feeling better, so she switched on the TV and randomly looking for something that had her boyfriend in it on TV. Then she saw his face, it was a rerun of Talents for sale, one that she missed.

 

She laughed at her boyfriend, looking rigid against Minsu, polite and respectful to the furious man. He was funny, but she pouted when he again stuck to Sejong, she knew they were just friends. Yet, she hated the feeling both of them are together doing stuff. She had watched them in the opening and they were dancing to his Turbo songs, the little girl had mastered them even though she claimed she was bad in dancing. Ji Hyo bit her lower lips, she would make Jong Kook performed the dance with her later, her eyes filled with jealousy.

 

Then came the photo shoots, he had asked her what photo shoots she did before and he thought they could just get away with those cute and happy poses, but then photographer thought they looked cute together and asked for couple pose instead. Ji Hyo’s heart winced as she saw both of them smiling shyly at each other, reminding her the first time she and Jong Kook was asked to do a similar pose. It was the same smile, one that hid his shyness and meant nothing. Although her brain registered that, her heart had complained they were just too close to each other.

 

She remembered “giving” the permission for both of them to be close on that day but the green eye monster in her still flared out. “Kim Jong Kook yah” she suddenly shouted in her empty apartment, pouting.

 

On cue, her phone rang, it was the ring tone for her boyfriend, she wanted to ignore the call since she was still angry with him. However, her heart missed him so she picked up the phone. “My beautiful Ji Hyo, are you feeling better?” he asked, his voice full of concerns.

 

“Yeah .. “ she answered, feeling slightly better but still not getting over the jealousy lingering in her.

 

“Ji Hyo yah, did something happen?” he could hear the unhappiness in her voice.

 

“I was sick and the director let me come home and rest,” she explained. “And I happened to catch an old episode of “Talent for sale” one I did not watch before.”

 

“So the green-eye monster came out again.” he guessed.

 

“Well, you were so happy with her.” she pouted.

 

“I am happier with my girlfriend really.” he was coaxing her now. “My girlfriend is the one who captured my heart, she was just a friend. Now the filming was over, I did not see her anymore, other than when there is a gathering.”

 

“Yeah ..” she said.

 

“And every time, I brought my beautiful girlfriend along so I can tell everyone how blissful and happy I am. I thought you liked her?”

 

“I liked her, yes” Sejong was a nice dongseang and anyone could like her.

 

“Anyway, I promised I won’t see her without you. Are you hungry?” he asked.

 

“Yes, but you are in LA, how can you feed me?”

 

“Well, there is always delivery. I had asked my mom to cook some healthy food for you and it should arrive, about now,” he said, and the door bell magically rang. She was amazed and quickly run to the door, one of his dong song was at the door.

 

“Special delivery,” the dong seaong smiled and handed over her dinner. “Bye, Noona.” and he left.

 

“Quick, open the food.” Jong Kook asked.

 

She started to open the parcel and inside was her favourite food and she felt her appetite returning. “Oppa, thanks. I am hungry now. I call you later” Jong Kook laughed and agreed. He wanted to see his girlfriend eat well too.

 

Ji Hyo called Jong Kook’s mother to thank her for the lovely dinner before her, the elderly woman wanted her to eat well and rest well. Ji Hyo was thankful again for her concern. Ji Hyo sent photos of herself eating heartily and took a photo of herself with the empty plates when she finished to Jong Kook, reassurance him she was well. She took her medicine and felt her eyes getting heavy.

 

Her boyfriend had recorded lullabies and she played it off her handphone. Surrounded by his singing, she slowly fell into a peaceful slumber, dreaming of a date with her boyfriend.