Rain

Sparta and Ace

 

 

The rain surrounded her, pitter patter on her car. She just sat there, enjoying the moment. The sound of rain drops soothed her tiredness, the endless rain drops had already made a small waterfall on her front screen. She watched as the water ran smoothly, alone in the car and yet she felt totally accompanied. She relaxed and continued to watch the scene in front of her, it made her felt she was not part of this world. The silent in the car enhanced the feeling.



It was a habit she picked up from a somewhat health freak. He hated to be wet, she remembered the times when the rain came too sudden and the obstinate man had refused to get off the car, even if it meant 10 seconds of rain. He rather to be late, and worse, he even made her late.

 

The first time they were caught in the rain, she remembered was after a recording, he gave her a lift back home. Just when she was about to reach home, it started to rain. The rain didn’t stop when they reached her home. It was a 10 sec run under the rain and she was about to do, “Oppa, thanks for the ride,” she was saying as her hand was reaching for the door handle.

 

“No, it’s raining,” he said, his voice was firm.

 

She stopped and turned her head towards him, “It’s ok, Oppa, it’s just a short run and I can bath immediately.”

 

She was met with a pair of stubborn eyes, “Ji Hyo, it is raining. Rain is not good for health. Let’s wait for a while and enjoyed the rain.” she wondered was it an excuse for him to spend some time with her, but then he was also health conscious. They were not a pair yet, and she was not aware of his feeling for her.yet, but she definitely had a crush on him.  A moment with him in the rain sounded good.

 

She gave him a nod, “Ok Oppa, I will wait a while.” He gave her a shy smile.

 

“Thanks,” he said softly.

 

She giggled, “Oppa, you are trying to look out for me. Why are you thanking me instead?”

 

“Well, it did sound a bit childish,” he smiled, dimples showing. He turned his head and looked straight ahead, a red tint can be seen on his tan skin.

 

She turned her head too and felt for the first time, a feeling of peace washed over her. Tiredness that she felt after the recording were miraculously gone, and she felt refresh. There was a comfort silence in the car, the two of them were sharing a special moment together. The rain had created a shield, locking them in the enclosed space and yet giving them the peace. She did not bear to break the silence they had shared, and so she enjoyed the rain outside.
The rain eventually stopped, she wanted it to go longer, to share more time with him. But it stopped. “Jong Kook Oppa, the rain had stopped.”

 

“Yeah, it did.” he said.

 

“I am going in now. You go home had a good rest too,” she said.

 

“Ok, thank Ji Hyo.”

 

“Oppa, here you go again. Thank you instead, that was nice. See you again!” she opened the door and left him.

 

She learned to enjoy the rain in cars after that, she loved especially to spend them with him, and they did spend a few occasions in the car waiting for the rain to stop. She loved how refreshed it felt as the rain washed away her worries.

 

Then came that day, the day, they were again in the car, waiting for the rain to stop. As usual, there was this comforting silence weaved around them.

 

“Ji Hyo..’ his voice suddenly broken the silence between them.

 

“Huh..” was her reply. She turned to look at him and saw his eyes filled with uncertainty.

 

“Ji Hyo, “ he called her again, determination shown on his face.

 

“Yes, Oppa.’, she was curious, what did Jong Kook want to tell her.

 

“We had been colleagues for very long time.”

 

“Yes, we did.”

 

“I am sure we had been friends for quite a long time too.” he sounded unsure.

 

“Oppa, of course, we are friends. Not as long as been colleagues but sure long enough,” she confirmed their friendship.

 

“And you are a very pretty woman. Not only you are pretty, but you are the most friendly, wonderful person that I know.” he stopped, she wondered where are all these going.

 

“I am thinking … how you felt about getting a boyfriend?” he asked, his ears turning red.

 

‘Depending on who is it.” she said, she felt her face turning hot.

 

“If it is me?” his hands fidget nervously.

 

“You?” she could not help but wanted to verify again.

 

“Yeah .. me…”

 

“You, ok. “ she shuttered. “You ok.”

 

“Really?” his hands reached for hers. “Really”

 

Her eyes were on the legs, she could felt herself turning red but her smile slowly building on her face.

 

“Ok. I mean .. I mean I would it very much to be you. No .. I mean I want it to be you. “ she didn't know what she was murmuring, “I mean it has to be you.”

 

“Really, you feel the same as me? You love me too?” he asked softly in her ears.

 

“Yes, you love me too?” she asked

 

She felt his arms now surrounded him, “I love you, I had loved you for so long. I love the way you enjoyed raining days with me, it felt so right. I wanted to spend my life with the right person, with the person I love. Thank you for loving me too, Ji Hyo.”

 

She felt her eyes getting wet, “Oppa, Jong Kook Oppa. I love you too.”

 

 


 

A story inspired by the rain.