Kang Mo Yeon and Min Yoon Gi

Descendants of The Sun Snippets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update. I was just finished writing for another fandom and the website seems having difficulties to log in. But, now here it is.

Kang Mo Yeon and Min Yoon Gi

It was a nice Sunday when she received the invitation. She was taking a break from the hospital and from the wedding preparation, and Si Jin was on his way to her place. An e-mail from her university informing her about a reunion. Mo Yeon never really fond for events like this. She didn’t really have nice memories except studying and made a few friends. She didn’t even have a love life, and knowing Si Jin was easily to get jealous, she was happy about that. The one reason she avoided her university reunion was Min Yoon Gi.

Yoon Gi was her senior, and he was the reason she was having a cold war with Myeong Ju for years. If it was not for the two soldiers, perhaps she was still having evil thoughts about Myeong Ju. Mo Yeon didn’t know if it was her luck for the General’s daughter never showed her interest to Si Jin although the General himself wanted both of them to be together. She just didn’t want to think what could have happened if she had to compete with Myeong Ju for Si Jin. She probably the one who would just leave.

“What’s with the face? You look like you’re just having a bad news,” suddenly she heard Si Jin’s voice and snapped from her inner monologue. Si Jin, with his Special Forces skills, often surprised her. As for now, she didn’t even heard him coming.

The Major looked at her laptop over her shoulder and Mo Yeon could see he was interested in the reunion invitation.

“Your university’s reunion?” he asked.

Mo Yeon clicked the e-mail closed. “Yes.”

“Do you want to go?”

She shrugged. “I don’t really want to.”

“I bet Myeong Ju will go and bringing Dae-young with her.”

Mo Yeon chuckled and closed her laptop. “You’re saying this because you also want to go, right?”

Si Jin grinned. “Ah, you are the master on reading my mind.” And then, he leaned closer. “So, will you go?”

The doctor sighed and rose from where she sat, walking to the fridge to get some water. Si Jin followed and sat on the chair at her small dining room.

“What is it?”

Mo Yeon put down her glass and looked over to Si Jin. “Don’t you know why I don’t want to go?”

Si Jin looked like he was on deep thought and then answered, “No.”

Mo Yeon rolled her eyes. “Don’t pretend like you don’t remember. You were sulking after cooking for me when Liutenant Yoon and I talked about Yoon Gi.”

Si Jin’s eyes brightened. “Ah, that guy. I’m still curios about him, though. Do you think I should call Team Alpha to conduct an operation for him?”

“What?”

“For your senior, he is not smart enough to see how beautiful you are.”

“You don’t answer my question. What operation? I thought you are not the Captain anymore.”

“I’m not the Captain, but I can order them if I want to.”

Mo Yeon’s eyes narrowed. “You said having a fight with civilian can cause you a big trouble.”

“When did I say that?”

“When you were drunk after returning from Urk.”

Si Jin’s eyes glinted mischieviously. “Then, it will be Unauthorized Black Operation.”

“Gosh...” Mo Yeon chuckled. “Trust me, he’s not worth it.”

“Do you think I’m joking?”

“Do you?”

“I’m serious.”

“Oh, please...”

Si Jin smiled and rose from his seat, closing his gap with her while Mo Yeon stood straight and stepped backwards until Si Jin trapped her between him and the wall. Her heart thumped loudly on her chest. In the three years of their relationship, and now they were about getting married, Si Jin never acted like this. Well, their first kiss didn’t count. He was the polite one, and just like her mother said, sweet and naive. And seeing Si Jin like this, surprised Mo Yeon in a good way.

Without another word, Si Jin held her nape and kissed her just like he did back in Urk, their wine kiss. Mo Yeon closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around Si Jin’s neck while the Major wrapped his free arm on her waist. They were kissing, enjoying their closeness, before finally Si Jin ended his kiss. Mo Yeon opened her eyes to meet those loving eyes of her fiance.

“I still remember our first kiss. I always dream you will kiss me like this back then,” he whispered.

Mo Yeon smiled. “Even when we talk about the man that could probably will get you jealous, you still manage to kiss me. Well done, Major.”

Si Jin smiled back.

“And speaking of that, why did you do this?”

He caressed her cheek, making her body warm. “Just like back then. You look so beautiful and I just want to kiss you.”

Mo Yeon chuckled and leaned her head onto the wall. “And what? You will do this everytime I look beautiful?”

Si Jin tilted his head. “I think that’s a good idea.”

“Oh, stop it,” Mo Yeon push Si Jin away playfully and the Major followed her lead, letting her go.

“Seriously, if you want to go, I will go with you. I want to meet this Yoon Gi. I’m sure Dae-young feels the same.”

And then, Si Jin’s phone vibrated. He looked over the phone and grinned before showing Mo Yeon his phone. “Sergeant Seo is going.”

“I don’t like this at all,” Mo Yeon grumbled.

“I’m sure you will. Besides, like me, Dae-young won’t missed this opportunity.”

“You both are unbelievable.”

The reunion would be held for the next two weeks. For two weeks time, both Si Jin and Mo Yeon returned to their own schedules. Si Jin was determine to come, he even asked for a day off on the reunion day. Mo Yeon could only winced mentally. Si Jin alone could be bad when he got jealous, added with Sergeant Seo, the doctor only wished they didn’t blow up the venue for real.

“Have you been into a reunion before?” Mo Yeon asked when Si Jin visited her place after he went off from work still wearing his uniform.

“Several times when I just graduated from the academy. And it becomes less after I joined the Special Forces.”

“Oh, I see.”

“Why? You’re surprise?”

“I never thought the army has that kind of event.”

Si Jin grinned. “Soldiers can have fun too, you know.”

And Mo Yeon didn’t even want to find out.

Myeong Ju contacted her two days before the event, asking if she wanted to go. She told the Liutenant she had no choice but going because Si Jin wanted to go. They promised to each other to meet at the venue, which was held at the university hall.

When the day came, Mo Yeon wore a simple deep blue knee-length dress, she already had this dress, but she never wore it until now. Her hair which was longer than when she first met Si Jin, braided on the right side. After applying light make up, she stared at her reflection at the mirror and wondering again why she had to go.

The door bell rang and Mo Yeon knew Si Jin had arrived. Blowing a breath, she quickly rose and grabbed her small bag. When she saw Si Jin, she froze on the spot. The Major was extremely handsome wearing also deep blue suit with black trousers. His short hair was neat, almost like he did when they attended Daniel’s wedding and before the volcano eruption interrupted the event. Si Jin blinked when he saw her.

“Wow...is this really Dr. Kang? Wait...you dress up like this for me, right? Not for Yoon Gi?”

Mo Yen raised her eyebrows. “No, I dress like this for Liutenant Yoon. I bet she never seen me in a dress before.”

“As long as it’s not for Yoon Gi, it’s fine for me. So, are you ready?”

“No.”

Si Jin grinned. “Just relax. What could possibly happen? It’s just a reunion.”

Mo Yeon didn’t say anything when Si Jin guided her to the car. From the corner of her eyes, she could see Si Jin often glanced at her.

“You look very pretty, “ suddenly Si Jin said.

Mo Yeon smiled slightly and glanced sideways. “So, I’m pretty at night too?”

“Well, like I said before you are pretty in the morning and afternoon, and now at night.”

“You haven’t seen me when I woke up in the morning.”

“I have.”

Mo Yeon blinked. “You have? When?”

Si Jin touched his heart, pretending to be hurt. “You already forgot when we spend the night together at the hospital? Twice?”

Mo Yeon furrowed her eyebrows. “You were sleeping when I woke up.”

“I woke up long enough to see you sleeping.”

“Oh gosh...” Mo Yeon covered her face with her hands.

Si Jin only smiled and patted Mo Yeon’s head lovingly.

When they arrived at the university, Mo Yeon took a quick look of the place where she studied medicine. It brought a lot of memories, the spots where she used to read alone or along with some friends. She brought back to the present when she felt Si Jin touched her elbow and saw Myeong Ju along with Sergeant Seo.

“Mo Yeon,” the liutenant called her.

She waved her hand and looked at the lovely woman in front of her. Mo Yeon was used to see Myeong Ju with her uniform and several times with civilian clothes, but she never seen her w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter