(Part 1) Kang Mo Yeon and Yoo Si Jin's Wedding

Descendants of The Sun Snippets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s Note:

I’m still having jetlag from my journey, but these words are keep playing in my mind, so I better write it down. I plan to write a full chapter of their wedding, but later changed during the writing process. The wedding will happen in the next chapter.

Also, thanks to DOTS, I also learn about military ranks and all that, just like Mo Yeon.

As always, thank you for the comments, subscribes, and votes :)

Kang Mo Yeon and Yoo Si Jin’s Wedding (Part 1)

D-25 (Invitation)

“Colonel Kim Jong Ho...Colonel...Colonel...Field-grade officer...that means his rank is in front of his name,” Mo Yeon mumbled while scrolling over military rank information on her laptop.

Si Jin only smiled next to her.

They were spending their Sunday afternoon writing names for their wedding invitations. Si Jin and Mo Yeon finally decided to use their wedding invitation in English rather than in Korean, so they could give or send the invitations in time. Not to mention they had to send two invitations to Urk for Fatima and to Canada for Daniel and Ye-hwa. Mo Yeon wanted to send an invitation to the hospital in Urk where she was helping the UN doctors, but she wasn’t sure the doctors were still there.

As Mo Yeon said earlier, the military protocols dictated different ways to write the ranks and names of the soldiers in the base. Since Si Jin was a Major and considered a senior officer, his rank was in front of his name, the same also for his superiors while the others below him, their ranks were written behind their names.

“It’s been a year. Do you think Daniel and Ye-hwa already had children?” Mo Yeon asked, her eyes still glued on her laptop screen.

Si Jin pursed his lips, writing another name on the invitation. “Maybe. Why did you ask?”

Mo Yeon shrugged. “Just curious. They never contacted us. Knowing Daniel, he’s probably busy.” Her fingers scrolled on the keyboard. “You said you’re a Major, right? You only need two promotions to become a Colonel and then, you can become a Brigadier General.”

Si Jin only nodded while continue writing the names.

“Are you going to be a General like Myeong Ju’s father?”

Si Jin stilled and then, looked at Mo Yeon who already stared at him. “Are you ok with that? I mean, me become a General?”

The doctor smiled. “Of course, I’m ok with that.” She grinned. “I just can’t imagined I get to know a General who is afraid of fish.”

And then, she laughed, making Si Jin shook his head. He also laughed along with her. “You are ruthless,” he said.

Mo Yeon grinned and then, her smiled disappeared when she noticed two names on the guest list. “Mr. Han and Yoon Gi?”

Si Jin shrugged. “I invited them.”

Mo Yeon’s shoulders slumped. “Why?”

“Well, because Mr. Han is your director and Yoon Gi is your senior.”

The doctor narrowed her eyes. “You do know I had unpleasant memories with them. Why did you invite them?”

“Just to let them know you are finally become mine and they better step away from you. After you become my wife, the army will treat you just like one of us. Those two men better be careful,” Si Jin said in clipped tone.

Mo Yeon smiled and leaned her head on Si Jin’s shoulder, looking at him. “What is it?” She knew if there was something in Si Jin’s mind.

The Major sighed. “Do you have any idea how I felt when I found out the real reason you were in Urk? I told you before I wasn’t letting you go to date a guy like him.” Si Jin’s eyes glinted. “He was lucky when I met him in the elevator, I didn’t do anything to him. If he only knew what kind of things I would do to him everytime I remember he took you to a hotel.”

The doctor sighed softly and wrapped her arms around Si Jin while the latter leaned his head on top of Mo Yeons’ head. “No, I was not dating him, but yes, I’m so glad he sent me to Urk. I could see you again. That’s the bright side.”

Si Jin took a deep breath and hugged Mo Yeon. “Yes, and that’s the only reason why I spared him when I saw him. As much as I hate him, he’s the one who has brought you to me.”

Mo Yeon smiled and then, leaned away. “And Yoon Gi?”

The Major only shrugged. “Just a payback. You only introduced my name to him, but not my job. I can imagine his face when he receives this invitation.”

“I don’t want to give this to him. No way.”

“We can send it,” Si Jin said.

The doctor grimaced. “I don’t want to do anything with him anymore, mostly after what happened in the reunion. We can send it anonymous.”

“Good idea.”

“You can ask Team Alpha to send it. I think they are good in tracking address, just like they did to me when they sent the chocolates.”

Si Jin froze. His eyes narrowed dangerously. “What chocolates?”

Mo Yeon blinked, realizing her slip of tongue. “Umm...they sent me chocolates after I returned from Urk. They gave me one too when I was in the Medicube. It was just a present, I think. Nothing more.”

The Major didn’t move before pulling out his phone and dialled a number. “Captain Lee, I need to talk to you.”

Mo Yeon sighed.

She forgot Si Jin could be dangerous when his jealous side came into the surface.

She probably needed to apologize to Captain Lee later.

D-15 (Rehearsal)

Si Jin and Mo Yeon arrived at the military academy by noon. This was the first time for the doctor visited the academy ever. They decided this place would become their venue because Si Jin was graduated from the academy, the place where he started his military career. For Mo Yeon, it was an honor for her to share the happiest moment in their life in the place where so important for Si Jin. Their ceremony would be held at the chapel and the reception at the hall. Military wedding basically had the same ceremony as civilian’s, the difference only the protocols and traditions. Of course, the infamous tradition was the arch of sabres. They would use sabres because Si Jin’s service station was in the army.

That day, they visited the chapel and met with the officer who would become their chaplain. The chaplain explained to them the process of the ceremony and Mo Yeon and Si Jin rehearsed to walk under the arch. There would be ten officers to do the arch and they decided to do it inside and outside the chapel, and inside the hall before the reception. One thing which made Mo Yeon reluctant was the gentle “swat” on the rump by the end of the arch ritual.

“Must he do that? Whoever he is?” Mo Yeon asked after they went home and had dinner together.

Si Jin shrugged. “It’s a tradition.”

Mo Yeon squinted her eyes. “Very odd tradition.”

The Major chuckled. “It’s the part of welcoming you to the army. The arch is a symbolic pledge of loyalty to us from the army family. That was why I told you the army will treat you as one of us after we married.”

“And these officers?”

“Only commisioned officers who allowed to do the arch.”

“That means...”

“Yes, from Second Lieutenant until General himself can do the arch,” Si Jin answered.

“Do you know who will do the arch?”

Si Jin shook his head. “It’s the army policy to assign those officers. We will find out before the ceremony.”

Mo Yeon blew a breath. “I just hope it’s not your fish-face Commander who will swat my rump,” she said, making Si Jin laughed.

And another thing which made Mo Yeon grimaced was the dance.

She was told she and Si Jin would dance at the reception, their first dance as husband and wife.

“I can’t dance,” she said to Si Jin plainly.

“So am I,” he said.

“I don’t believe you.”

“At least we can laugh together if we step into each other foot.”

That probably wouldn’t be so bad.

D-10 (The Bridesmaids and Invitation Deliveries)

10 more days to her wedding day and at lunch, Mo Yeon sat at the cafeteria along with her bridesmaids..well...her soon-to-be bridesmaids, Nurse Ha, Nurse Choi, Dr. Pyo, and Eun Jung So, an intern under her supervision. Mo Yeon couldn’t think of anyone else to become her bridesmaid. Dr. Kim? Of course not.

“How do they like? This is my first time to be around with soldiers,” Jung So said worriedly.

Mo Yeon smiled reassuringly. “They are nice people. Ask these nurses and Dr. Pyo. They’ll tell you. Don’t be intimidated by their uniforms and guns. They are actually very sweet.”

Dr. Pyo almost scoffed. “Yes, they are sweet. If not, you’re not getting married with that Major.”

Mo Yeon grinned. “That’s the point.”

“Who is my partner in the ceremony?” the intern asked Mo Yeon.

“Sergeant Im. He’s the member of Special Forces. Actually, Dr. Pyo and Nurse Choi’s partner are also the members of Special Forces. My fiance is their former captain.”

“So, we only to get ready at the venue before noon to prepare ourselves and then, the ceremony would begin in the afternoon. Is that right?” Nurse Ha asked.

Mo Yeon nodded. “Yes, that’s right. We will take some pictures too.”

“What will the soldiers wear? Suits and ties?” Dr. Pyo asked.

Mo Yeon grinned. “No, they will wear their dress uniform.”

Dr. Pyo squinted her eyes. “I have bad feelings if you grin like that. Are these uniforms so good and can cause you grinning like that?”

“They look good in that uniform.”

“Have you seen they wear that uniform?”

“I’ve seen Si Jin wore that in Urk.” Mo Yeon suddenly blushed, remembering her wine kiss.

Dr. Pyo raised her eyebrows. “I don’t want to know the reason behind your blush,” she said while the others were snickering.

Mo Yeon cleared . “Anyway, the dresses are already finished. It will be in the venue on the day of the ceremony. If you don’t have anything to ask, I want to deliver the invit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter