(Part 2) Kang Mo Yeon and Team Alpha

Descendants of The Sun Snippets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s Note:

No Si Jin in this chapter. Let’s see Mo Yeon have fun with Team Alpha. The story is 80% done, that’s why this chapter has quick updates. Anyway, DOTS finally has a spot on FanfictionNet. I’d like to post the snippet there. There are already some stories too. Go read and give reviews.

Italic fonts = conversation on phone

Bold fonts = conversation in English

Kang Mo Yeon and Team Alpha (Part 2)

The flight was just like the first time she went to Urk.

Long and exhausting.

By the time they arrived at Urk International Airport, it was already afternoon. The weather was not so hot. This time they didn’t need to wait too long for the army chopper arrived only ten minutes after their plane landed.

“Hmm...I’m beginning to think having a connection in the army gives a lot of advantages,” Dr. Song said while winking to Mo Yeon and the latter only rolled her eyes. Behind them, the rest of team only giggled.

The Haesung Medical Team watched the chopper landed, and five men walked out from the chopper with their brown uniform.

“Is it me or I sense a deja vu here?” Mo Yeon asked in low voice watching the five soldiers aprroaching them.

“It is a deja vu if the Captain is Captain Yoo,” Nurse Ha replied.

Hearing Nurse Ha’s answer, Mo Yeon focused on the soldier in the middle. The man was tall, as tall as Si Jin, he was quite handsome too, from his eyes Mo Yeon could tell he was smart, perhaps smarter than the former Captain. He was probably around Si Jin’s age too.

“Haesung Medical Team?” The Captain asked.

“Yes,” Mo Yeon answered.

The Captain gave her a salute. “I’m Captain Lee Joon Ha. It’s very nice meeting you. I heard this is not the first time for you visiting Urk so I believe you know the procedure.”

“Yeah...yeah...” Dr. Song said and opened his luggage. “Give me that bag,” he said to Sergeant Choi who already carried army bags.

Captain Lee only blinked in surprise while Mo Yeon smiled. “Yes, you are right, Captain. This is not our first time.” The doctor looked over to the rest of Team Alpha. “Hello, it’s very nice to meet you all.” She smiled to Dae-young. “And it’s really nice to meet you again, Sergeant Seo.”

Dae-young smiled and gave him a little bow. “It’s nice to meet you too, Dr. Kang.”

Mo Yeon quickly opened her luggage and began to remove all her things to the bag, the rest of the team did the same thing. The five soldiers waited for them to finish before they carried the bags to the chopper.

Mo Yeon, as the team leader, turned to Captain Lee. “Is there anything else that you want to tell us?”

Joon Ha only smiled. “No, Ma’am. Of course you know we’re here to protect your team until you return to Korea.”

The doctor nodded. “Yeah, Si Jin told me that. Thank you.”

Joon Ha blinked. “The Major?”

Mo Yeon only chuckled and walked away from the Captain. Dae-young only sighed and wrapped his arm around Joon Ha’s shoulders.

“Don’t you even know who she is?” he said.

“Who?”

Dae-young looked at Joon Ha incrediously. “Haven’t you read the fax from the military base?”

“No.”

The Sergeant only rolled his eyes. “I know you’re clever, but reading a fax is useful in many cases.” He tapped the Captain’s chest. “She is Dr. Kang Mo Yeon, Major Yoo’s fiancee.”

“Huh?”

“Yes, Major Yoo asked us specifically to give her protection so it’s best not making him angry. You know how he is when he is not in good mood.”

Joon Ha only blew a breath. “Ah, yes. He told me about protecting someone special to him. So, that’s her? Damn...she is beautiful.”

This time Sergeant Choi answered, “You’re lucky the Major is not here and heard what you said earlier.”

Joon Ha ran a hand on his hair. “This is going to be the long two weeks.”

When they arrived at the camp, the day already turned night. Captain Lee told them to take a rest and had some shower before they could eat dinner. Mo Yeon walked to her tent and sat on her bed before looking around. The memories when she spent her first time in Urk flashed in her mind, it was beautiful and memorable moments. She opened her bag and pulled out her favorite candle, lit it to give her comfort. The doctor sat again and the necklace which Si Jin gave her. When she thought Si Jin was dead, she put the necklace hidden in the box in her room, and now after he came back alive, Mo Yeon wore the necklace again.

Speaking of Si Jin, Mo Yeon grabbed her phone and pressed the speed dial. Si Jin answered it on the first ring.

“Salute.”

Mo Yeon smiled and lay on the bed. “I’m arrived. Safe and sound.”

She could hear Si Jin blew a breath of relief.

“I was so worried when you didn’t call an hour ago. What time is it now in Urk?”

“Umm...I don’t know. I haven’t set the time yet, but it’s already night. We’ve just arrived at the camp.”

“So, you already meet the team and the new captain?”

Mo Yeon nodded although Si Jin couldn’t see it. “Yes. The new Captain is very much like you, but I think he is smarter.”

“You just met him and you praise him? You’re hurting my feelings.”

The doctor chuckled. “That means the former Captain is also smart and of course more handsome than this one.”

“Oh...okay then.”

Mo Yeon could only laugh. “I’ll call you again later after we already settled everything. I still need to check the Medicube tomorrow morning.”

“Go have a rest. Call me whenever.”

“I will.”

She swept the end button and blew a breath.

“Knock...knock.”

Mo Yeon raised her head and saw Captain Lee outside her tent. She quickly rose and walked outside. “Yes?”

Joon Ha cleared his throat. “I just heard about you from Sergeant Seo. I didn’t know you’re Major Yoo’s fiancee. I’m sorry if I didn’t acknowledge you earlier.”

The doctor smiled. “It’s alright. I’m not holding grudge over something like that. It’s really nice to know you, Captain.”

“The pleasure is mine.”

“So, you know Si Jin?”

Joon Ha smiled back. “He is my senior in the academy. I graduated a year after him.”

“Oh, I see.”

“If I may ask, how do you know Major Yoo?”

Mo Yeon tilted her head and smiled wistfully. “It’s a long story, but Urk is very special place for us. Didn’t the rest of the team tell you about me and Si Jin?”

Joon Ha shooked his head. “We’ve never shared personal life, Ma’am.”

“Ah...” Mo Yeon’s eyes twinkled. “Please, call me Dr. Kang. Ma’am is not really suit me.”

The Captain chuckled. “Alright, Dr. Kang.”

“That’s better. So, if I already had the schedule for the medical team, I should tell you?”

Joon Ha nodded. “Yes, please. If you need transportation to town or anywhere needed for the meeting with the government, we will accompany you.”

“Thank you. I’ll let you know tomorrow,” Mo Yeon said again.

The Captain didn’t say anything only slightly bowed and turned around.

Mo Yeon only sighed.

She really needed a shower.

The next morning, the girls were up early to see the soldiers had their morning run. They definitely won’t missed the opportunity. After preparing themselves and had breakfast, Mo Yeon and her team were busy at the Medicube, listing and checking the medicines and equipments. The team were almost skipped lunch if it was not for Sergeant Gong who reminded them it was lunch time. When they were having lunch, Captain Lee came to the dining hall and gave Mo Yeon a fax from Urk government, requesting her presence the day after tomorrow. After lunch, Mo Yeon held a meeting with her team.

“Since this is just a brief meeting, I will go with Dr. Song. The rest of the team stay in the Medicube,” Mo Yeon said.

“You both will go alone?” Chi Hun asked.

Mo Yeon shook her head. “No, we will be accompanied. Urk is not really a safe place to wander around.”

“Just be careful, Dr. Kang. I was so worried when Urk polices took you away with Fatima and when Major Yoo asked if it’s really them,” Nurse Choi frowned. “And later, we found out you’ve been kidnapped.”

The team’s mood suddenly changed. The doctor smiled reassuringly. “Don’t worry. I’m not going to repeat the same mistake. Besides, do you think Si Jin will just let me go like that? I’m sure he already threatened all the soldiers in this camp to keep their eyes on us.”

Nurse Choi pursed her lips. “You’re right.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter