(Part 2) Kang Mo Yeon and General Yoon

Descendants of The Sun Snippets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kang Mo Yeon and General Yoon (Part 2)

What should you wear when you have to meet the General of the army?

That question was playing in Mo Yeon’s mind on the next day. When finally she gave up for the answer, she went to Dr. Pyo’s office and ask for her advice.

“You’re going to meet the General? The General of the army?” her best friend asked in disbelief.

Mo Yeon nodded.

“Why?”

“That’s a good question. I asked Si Jin the same question and he said probably because the General is curious,” Mo Yeon answered.

Dr. Pyo pursed her lips. “Curious? You’re not the first civilian who will get married to a soldier.” She eyed Mo Yeon curiously. “What did you do so he really interested in you?”

“Gosh, you make me sound like I’m a criminal,” Mo Yeon said while playing with her phone, looking for a reference for an outfit.

“Since you got back from Urk, your life was indeed interesting. You went there because it was a punishment from the director and then you came home bringing a handsome Captain-now a Major-as your boyfriend, and now you’re engaged to him. If I have to go abroad to have a boyfriend, sign me in for the next mission,” Dr. Pyo said making Mo Yeon chuckled.

“Yes, Si Jin said our relationship is a blockbuster.”

“I can agree to that. Perhaps the General wants to talk to you knowing his potential son in law is not interested in his daughter?”

Mo Yeon grinned. “You can be mean sometimes.” And then, the pretty doctor sighed. “Well, I had met him before in Urk, but he haven’t found out about my relationship with Si Jin yet.”

“Ooohhh....you devil. You both are in a relationship while the General have high hopes for your boyfriend to become his son in law? I never knew Major Si Jin could do that.”

And they both laughed.

“I just can’t imagine how surprise he is knowing we both are engaged,” Mo Yeon said again.

“Hmm....and you’re a civilian. It’s quite a news.” Dr. Pyo scratched her head. “You can’t say no?”

Mo Yeon rolled her eyes. “Of course I can say no, but he is the Commander of Special Forces. I can’t do that to Si Jin.”

This time, Dr. Pyo released a deep breath and then picked up Mo Yeon’s phone. “I’ll help you.”

Mo Yeon smiled in relief. “Thank you.”

And then, her best friend stared at her before saying, “You need to do something with your hair too.”

Mo Yeon blinked. “My hair?”

When the day came for Mo Yeon to meet with the General, she already with Dr. Pyo at her best friend’s office before lunch time. Mo Yeon wore black pants, blue shirt and a black cardigan, with a pair of flat shoes. Dr. Pyo curled Mo Yeon’s hair and put it on a barrette. She also applied light make up for Mo Yeon.

“You know, I can do this on my own,” Mo Yeon said when Dr. Pyo gave final touch on her hair.

“You asked for my help.”

Mo Yeon looked at her reflection in the mirror and almost didn’t recognize herself. She was used to wear baggy pants, rarely using make up, and her hair was always been tied up, even she didnt have time to wash it. As for this occasion, she washed her hair twice.

“It looks like I’m on a date with the General, not the Major,” she said making Dr. Pyo laughed so hard.

“Come on. Don’t ruin my fun. You’re not only going to surprise the General, but also the Major.”

As cue, Mo Yoen’s phone vibrated, signaling Si Jin already arrived and waiting for her in the main lobby.

“Si Jin is here.” She checked the time. “Wow, it’s almost lunch time.” Mo Yeon looked at her best friend and smiled. “Thank you and wish me luck.”

Dr. Pyo grinned. “My pleasure. Come on, take me to the main lobby. I want to see your fiance reaction.”

Mo Yeon only chuckled before wheeling Dr. Pyo’s wheelchair to the main lobby. Si Jin indeed already there, wearing his green uniform. His eyes widened when he saw Mo Yeon and his posture straightened immediately. Dr. Pyo only giggled when she saw this.

“Hi, Major,” Dr. Pyo gave him a salute and Si Jin replied it with a slight chuckle. “So, I heard you’re going to take Mo Yeon to the military base. Not going to let her walk out from my sight without the proper outfit.”

Mo Yeon only punched Dr. Pyo’s shoulder lightly. “Oh, you’re so funny.”

Si Jin only smiled, couldn’t believe Mo Yeon looked so beautiful, and couldn’t believe his luck this woman would become his wife soon. “You look so beautiful. Are you ready?”

“Yes, I am.”

Mo Yeon waved her hand to Dr. Pyo before taking Si Jin’s arm and walked out from the main lobby. Dr. Pyo watched them walked away with teary eyes. She was so happy Mo Yeon came back to life, and mostly Major Si Jin was still alive. She thought life was not yet ended for both of them.

And as Dr. Pyo predicted, Si Jin indeed couldn’t take his eyes off of his fiancee. He always thought Mo Yeon is pretty, but this time she was prettier. They had lunch together, but Si Jin couldn’t even know what to say. He was bewitched once again.

“You’re okay? You don’t talk much since we have our lunch,” Mo Yeon asked in worry tone when they were on the way to the military base.

Si Jin looked at his fiancee closely. “I’ve never seen you like this. You look so pretty. Not that you’re not pretty before, but this time, it’s just different.”

Mo Yeon blushed. “Well, I thought since I’m going to meet with the General, I can’t appear like I just come out from the surgery room.”

Si Jin narrowed his eyes. “So, you dressed up like this for him?”

Mo Yeon glanced at her fiance sideways and knew t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter