(Part 2) Kang Mo Yeon and Yoo Si Jin's Wedding

Descendants of The Sun Snippets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Links

Wedding dress:  https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/f1/4a/99/f14a99c9d14875d6977c9c3fc43d37ea.jpg

Hair and veil:  https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e7/8a/e6/e78ae6f96eca1b05fe4d4a120af23d64.jpg

Bridesmaid dress:  http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/AlfredAngelo/?src=ir{AlfredAngeloRender/7298S-600?resmode=sharp&sharpen=1}&wid=600

Kang Mo Yeon and Yoo Si Jin’s Wedding (Part 2)

D-2 (Moving In)

Two days before the wedding day, Si Jin moved his stuffs into Mo Yeon’s place which she thought it was weird. They should just look for bigger place, but Si Jin said he liked being in her place and didn’t want to move into a new place.

At least not yet.

To her relief, Si Jin didn’t have much stuffs, perhaps being in Special Forces with unpredictable missions, he didn’t have much time to collect things and also he basically lived in the base. Mo Yeon was arranging Si Jin’s boxes in her room when a stuffed animal caught her eyes. She almost forgot the farewell present given by Myeong Ju before the Lieutenant was dispatched to Urk. Mo Yeon never touched it, for it would remind her to Si Jin, mostly the toy itself wearing army uniform. She slowly took the toy and looked at it, unaware of Si Jin watched her from the door.

Si Jin, however, surprised when he saw the toy. It was the stuffed animal he and Dae-young got two years ago before he met Dr. Kang. The difference was the toy in Dr. Kang’s arms had army uniform. Mo Yeon never showed him and being old-fashioned, he never came into Mo Yeon’s room. How did she get it?

Slowly, he crept closer and sat next to Mo Yeon while the doctor still looking at the toy with faraway look.

“Where did you get this?” he asked in low voice.

“Is it yours?” she asked in return.

Si Jin looked over the toy. “Yes...well, it was.”

Mo Yeon smiled slightly. Her eyes never faltered. “I almost forget about it.” She caressed the toy. “This is Captain Yoo’s comrade.”

Si Jin blinked.

She knew?

“Myeong Ju gave this to me before she was dispatched to Urk as a farewell present. She also had one. She named it Sergeant Seo’s girlfriend,” Mo Yeon said in low voice. Her eyes brimmed with tears when the memories of losing Si Jin and missing him came into her mind.

Si Jin took a deep breath. That explained everything. Myeong Ju probably took the toys from their barrack.

“I didn’t...” She sniffled and Si Jin looked at her in alarm. “I should have just left this toy alone. It reminds me so much of you, but it helps me when I cry in the night. At least, I’m not alone.”

Si Jin couldn’t take it anymore. He pulled Mo Yeon into his arms while the doctor cried and hugged the toy. His heart clenched painfully. Dr. Kang had been through so much because of him. This moment made him realized she never told him what happened to her during the one year.

“You never told me what happened during that one year,” Si Jin quoted Mo Yeon’s words in Urk.

The doctor sniffled again and Si Jin tightened his hug. “Sergeant Choi came to the hospital and informed me you were gone and gave me your letter. Later, your fish-face Commander came to my house, asking me to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement. I had no choice, but I did sign it. It was not fair for you, but what could I do? After that, I was just doing my job as a doctor before Myeong Ju said she was sent to Urk. At the time, I was thinking the same thing. Should I just move from Seoul? A lot of places remind me of you, even my own place reminds me of you. My living room, my dining room, my favorite candle...I just can’t...”

Mo Yeon finally let her feelings out, her bottled up feelings which she forgotten after Si Jin came back. Seeing the animal toy brought the memories again and she didn’t realize she was still keep it in her heart. She knew she had to let everything go for she and Si Jin would start a new life together.

Si Jin only hugged Mo Yeon, listening to her cries.

A thousand words of apologies would never enough to redeem what he had done to her, to his beautiful comrade.

The only thing he could do was made her happy and devoted himself to her, who already waited for him, had faith on him, and brave enough to love him again when he returned.

“I’m sorry,” he said with raspy voice. “I know it’s not enough, but please, allow me to make you happy, Dr. Kang. That’s the only thing I know I can do for you. My offer still stands. Live a happy life with me.”

Mo Yeon smiled on Si Jin’s embrace and nodded, hugging the toy closer to her. “Yes.” She closed her eyes, suddenly feeling exhausted. “Please, stay. I don’t want to be alone.”

Si Jin smiled. “I thought you said I’m old-fashioned.”

“Just to sleep, ert,” she said in sleepy voice, making the Major laughed lightly. “I never got the chance to ask you. How did you find me in Albania?”

“I made a call to Haesung from Ukraine embassy and got a favor for a chopper to go to Albania. I was suprised when I couldn’t find you, but later someone told me about you went to the desert. And you know the rest of the story.”

Mo Yeon sighed. “I was right.”

Si Jin furrowed his eyebrows. “What was right?”

“I told Sergeant Choi either you are there to catch me or I’m running to you.”

The Major didn’t answer, only laying himself on the floor with Mo Yeon on his chest. Si Jin looked over the ceiling. “Do you remember I hold you like this when I joked about the landmine with you?”

Mo Yeon chuckled and snuggled closer. “Yes, I remember. You should have just told me you want to hold me rather than joked about the landmine.”

Si Jin grinned and he closed his eyes too. “If I told you that, you would have run away from me.”

Mo Yeon smiled. “And you would be there to catch me.”

Si Jin wrapped his arms onto Mo Yeon’s body, relishing the moment. “Yes, I would.”

They both were asleep in no time.

D-1 (I’ll Be The One in White)

Si Jin and Mo Yeon went into the academy for the final preparation before the wedding. The chapel and the reception hall were ready for their ceremony tomorrow. To Mo Yeon surprise, the army was very cooperated to help her mother on arranging everything. She once said to Si Jin the army people were rigid, but when it came to her wedding, everyone was very helpful, or perhaps because it was the Major’s wedding, so everyone helped them.

Anyway, watching everything ready made Mo Yeon nervous again. Tomorrow, she was no longer alone. She would become a soldier’s wife, a Major’s wife. Mo Yeon already discussed with Si Jin about her name. She would not change her maiden name for professional purposes. She thought changed her name into Yoo was not very wise move either. Si Jin could be exposed. Si Jin, himself, didn’t mind with Mo Yeon still using her maiden name. They both agreed their children someday would use Si Jin’s family name.

After checking everything, Si Jin took Mo Yeon home. Preparing for a big day, Mo Yeon’s mother would stay in the doctor’s place to help her while Si Jin went to his father’s house. Si Jin held Mo Yeon’s shoulders in the front door.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” he asked.

Mo Yeon raised her eyebrows. “What are you talking about?”

“About marrying me?”

“Are you still have the thought of me changing my mind?”

“Until we say our vows in front of the chaplain, I will still have the doubt.”

The doctor smiled. “No, my offer still stands to live a happy life with you.”

Si Jin smiled back. “I’ll see you tomorrow. Are you sure you can find me among other soldiers who will wear the same uniform?”

Mo Yeon laughed and caressed Si Jin’s cheek. “That’s easy. I just need to read your mind to find you.”

“I know I made the right decision to keep dating you.”

The doctor smiled again and looked at Si Jin tenderly. “I’ll see you tomorrow. I’ll be the one in white.”

The latter made Si Jin’s heart skipped a beat. He kissed Mo Yeon’s forehead deeply and leaned their foreheads together. “I will kiss you when you are officially become my wife. Sleep well for tonight, ok?”

“Ok,” Mo Yeon said in low voice.

Mo Yeon watched Si Jin drove away from her place.

She, too, felt her heart skipped a beat.

D-Day (Their Wedding Day)

Mo Yeon couldn’t help feeling happy, but also nervous. It was a good thing she could have some sleep the night before. She drove with her mother into the venue at 10:00 and straight into the room which been prepared for the bride. Mo Yeon saw her wedding dress, her veil, and flower. She took a deep breath.

This was really happening.

She was going to get married.

The make-up person started with her hair before doing her make-up. Mo Yeon had light meal as lunch before she had her make-up on. When everything was ready, the make-up person left the room, so Mo Yeon could change into her wedding dress. She stood in front of her dress with her heart beating so rapidly.

Later, her phone buzzed.

It was a message from Dr. Pyo.

All of her bridesmaids were ready.

She smiled and took her dress from the hanger before changing her shirt and pants.

Her wedding dress was simple, with no sleeves, but elegant.

Mo Yeon looked at herself in the mirror and she could see a happy woman staring back at her.

Meanwhile, in another room, Si Jin already wore his uniform, the same as he wore in Urk after the incident with the Arab people. He was still in contact with the Arab agents, he also told them he was getting married. They congratulated him and promised him to do some favors when he needed it.

“Nervous?” Dae-young asked his friend.

Si Jin chuckled. “It will be a lie if I say I’m not.”

Dae-young smiled and stood next to Si Jin and held his shoulder. “As your comrade, I want to say congratulations, sir. As your friend, I’m happy you finally find someone by your side.”

“Thank you, Sergeant Seo. I hope you will follow my lead and getting married soon.”

“Like Myeong Ju said, I need to see her wears the bridesmaid gown first.”

Si Jin made a face. “What?”

And then, someone knocked the door and Mo Yeon’s mother appeared behind it. Both men were surprised before Dae-young smiled and left the two of them alone.

Mrs. Kang smiled and held Si Jin’s shoulders. Her eyes brimmed with tears. “You look so handsome.”

The Major blushed slightly.

“I know I already said this to you, but I have to say one more time. Please, take care of my daughter for me.”

Si Jin smiled. “I will, Mother.”

Mrs. Kang wiped her tears and chuckled. “I’m sorry. I don’t mean to cry.”

Si Jin laughed lightly and handed Mrs. Kang a tissue.

In Mo Yeon’s room, all the bridesmaids were there. They all wore blue gowns with penguin skirt. A photographer took pictures of them candidly before someone knocked on the door and Si Jin’s father appeared behind it.

All the bridesmaids slowly left the room to meet with their partners outside.

Mo Yeon slowly rose from her seat and looked at Si Jin’s father. She was rarely met with her father-in-law although Si Jin already introduced her formally to his father when he returned to Korea after presumed dead. Since the preparations of their wedding, Mo Yeon never met him again.

Yoo Young-geun was amazed when he saw his daughter-in-law. When the first time his son brought her to his house, he could tell she was beautiful, but after hearing stories from his military friends, Dr. Kang Mo Yeon was more than just beautiful. She was also brave and smart. She fought along with the soldiers in Urk, saving people from earthquake, fighting an epidemic, even talk balk to Commander Park several times. Yoo Young-geun also knew the stories about his son defied the rules for the beautiful doctor. He couldn’t blame his son, though.

And now, with her wedding dress, Dr. Kang Mo Yeon was indeed very beautiful. She smiled tenderly at him, making him feeling grateful his son could find a beautiful person who could accept him for who he was.

He held Mo Yeon’s shoulders. “You are so beautiful.”

Mo Yeon smiled. “Thank you, Father.”

“I’m sorry if I burden you with my son. He can be childish sometimes, but he has a good heart and he loves you very much. I hope you both are happy together.”

The doctor chuckled. “We will. Don’t worry.”

Yoo Young-geun smiled wistfully. “I’ve heard stories about the both of you and you mostly. I must say you are very brave woman. I’m so glad to have you as the part of my family.”

Mo Yeon blushed. “Thank you again, Father. I don’t know if my bravery as the same as you think in the army, but I’m glad someone could notice it.”

Si Jin’s father looked at Mo Yeon. “You don’t have to be in the army to be brave.”

And then, the door opened again, and Mo Yeon could see her mother.

Mrs. Kang smiled. “Do you want to see Si Jin? It’s about time for the ceremony.”

Mo Yeon’s heart thumped again.

She nodded.

With one smile, she slowly walked out the room and finally got to see her groom. Si Jin stood motionless after seeing Mo Yeon in her wedding dress. He always t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter