(Part 3) Kang Mo Yeon and Team Alpha

Descendants of The Sun Snippets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s Note:

A lot of you asked about fanfiction (dot) net. It’s a website just like asianfanfics to share fanfics. It works differently from this website. You can’t search by tags, but by category. As for DOTS, you need to click ‘Browse’ and then, select ‘TV’ and letter ‘D’. You’ll find DOTS there.

As always, thank you for your comments, subscribes, and upvotes :)

Italic fonts = conversation on phone.

ETD = Estimated Time of Departure.

Kang Mo Yeon and Team Alpha (Part 3)

Once they arrived at the camp, Mo Yeon and Dr. Song retreated to Medicube while Joon Ha and Dae-young to their office. The Captain only sat in silence while Dae-young leaned on the wall near the window.

“That was close,” Dae-young said, breaking the silence.

Joon Ha only nodded. “I agree, but I’m glad we made it.” He blew a breath. “I’ve been thinking how I tell Major Yoo about this.”

“He will be here in couple of days. I’m sure he will accompany Dr. Kang personally.”

And then, Dae-young’s phone vibrated. The Sergeant pulled his phone from his pocket and gave the phone to Joon Ha slightly grinning.

“You tell him now.”

The Captain grimaced when he saw the caller ID.

Big Boss.

In the other side of the camp, Mo Yeon was busy with Dr. Song listing medicines which they could bring when they visited the hospital.

“What do you think about our meeting?” Mo Yeon asked her senior.

Dr. Song shrugged. “Aside from the intensity, it went well. From what Alec said, looks like the virus had evolved. I don’t think we can treat the patient just like we treated Liutenant Yoon.”

“What if we change the dosage? Increase it?”

The other doctor nodded thoughtfully. “It’s a possibility. We could try on one of the patients or I can do another research.” And then, he nudged Mo Yeon. “Have you told Major Yoo about the meeting?”

Mo Yeon blew a breath. “I want to, but I don’t know if I should mention about what happened before we had the meeting. The men with guns and all.”

“Well, you don’t have to tell him that.”

“Good point.”

Minutes later, her phone vibrated. Mo Yeon grimaced when she saw the caller ID while Dr. Song only chuckled.

“I don’t need to know who the caller is,” he said, pretending to be busy.

Mo Yeon didn’t say anything, only walked out from the Medicube and stood on the quiet corner. She swept the answering button only to hear Si Jin’s stern voice.

“Why didn’t you call me?”

Mo Yeon took a deep breath. “I am in the Medicube, listing the medicines for the hospital. I want to call you as soon as I’m finish.”

And then, she heard the Major sighing deeply.

“I know what happened.”

Mo Yeon blinked. “Huh?”

“At least you keep your promise to listen to the Captain.”

“How did you know?”

“I called Dae-young and talked to Captain Lee. They told me everything.”

“They could be lying.”

“Not to me.”

Mo Yeon chuckled. “You and your confidence. Is that what makes you don’t give up on me?”

She heard Si Jin laughed lightly.

“There’s no way I’m giving up on you even though you rejected me several times. You can’t resist my charm anyway.”

Mo Yeon rolled her eyes. “Gosh...”

“But, still...please, be careful. I’ll be there in several days.”

The doctor smiled. “I will. Don’t worry.”

“I missed you.”

“Oh, you...” She sighed. “I missed you too. Come here quickly.”

From the other line, Si Jin groaned. “Don’t tempt me. I can use commercial flight to get there, you know?”

“The General won’t like it.”

“I don’t care. Like I said, I will always choose you.”

“I believe you. I’ll see you in several days, Major.”

“I love you.”

Mo Yeon smiled. “I love you.”

She took a deep breath and leaned her head on the wall.

She just wished nothing terrible happened until Si Jin arrived.

When the day arrived, Mo Yeon and Dr. Song went to the hospital accompanied by Joon Ha and Dae-young. It was located not far from the temporary government building. The hospital itself only a three floors building with foreign nurses and doctors sent by the United Nations. The doctors were greeted by Alec who accompanied them to the section where the patients with M3 virus were being treated. Joon Ha and Dae-young were told to wait in the car until further notice. Mo Yeon and Dr. Song wore their mask and began their observation. Just like Dr. Song predicted, the virus had evolved and the medicine didn’t work anymore. He tried Mo Yeon’s suggestion to increase the dose of Cefotaxime. Both doctors were busy until the lunch time arrived. Mo Yeon knew they couldn’t go back to the camp yet so she asked the two soldiers to return and come back in the afternoon to fetch her and Dr. Song back to the camp. The Captain declined Mo Yeon’s idea, but the doctor said the place was full with people. It was different from their visit to the government office before. Joon Ha finally relented and came back to the camp with Dae-young.

Mo Yeon and Dr. Song worked together until nearly afternoon. When the UN doctor released her from her duty, Mo Yeon walked out from the hospital and took off her mask. She leaned on the wall and pondered. Working on the field like this made her truly a doctor, not just a doctor who appeared on the TV. She hadn’t think to pursue her professor title again yet, but she knew she couldn’t do it if the Director still thinking about connection rather than competency. While she felt she wasn’t being appreciated enough, the foreign country recognized her and called her for help.

For Kang Mo Yeon that was enough.

For now.

“What are you thinking?” Suddenly Dr. Song asked her.

Mo Yeon played with her mask. “About things.”

“What things?”

She looked around and saw people who were busy around the hospital. “What do you think about them, Senior? They work here, away from home, for helping people in foreign country which even doesn’t have a government building while I work in the hospital who thinks connection is everything.”

Dr. Song looked at Mo Yeon. “What are you saying?”

“I once wanted to resign from Haesung. I probably would do it again in the future.”

The senior doctor sighed. “You are a brilliant doctor, Dr. Kang. Even though Haesung doesn’t appreciate you, some other people do. Just do what your heart tells you. You’ll find the answer.”

Mo Yeon nodded and then she saw Captain Lee arrived, the sign for them it was afternoon time. Without words, Mo Yeon and Dr. Song got into the car and return to the camp.

For the next two days, Mo Yeon worked in the hospital, helping to treat the patients with M3 virus. It seemed her suggestion to increase the dose was working. On those two days, she came along with Dr. Song, but also took Nurse Choi and then, later Nurse Ha. The more Mo Yeon worked along the UN doctors, the more she felt she needed to re-plan her future as a doctor. Working like this was different from volunteering.

Once they re their third day, Mo Yeon still felt gloomy. After dinner, she only sat outside the dining hall where she joked with Si Jin about her blood type and looked upon the sky. The night sky was full with stars, just like it did after the earthquake.

“Dr. Kang.”

Mo Yeon turned her head to see Sergeant Seo and smiled.

Dae-young sat next to her. “What are you doing in here alone? You look so different since you came from the hospital. Is something wrong?”

“No, nothing is wrong. Not in a bad way. I was just thinking, that’s all.”

The Sergeant smiled back. “If you are thinking about Big Boss, don’t worry. He will be here in two days.”

Mo Yeon laughed. “Oh, I know that. I hope he’s not making your team has to babysit me.”

And then, Dae-young’s phone vibrated and Mo Yeon noticed the Sergeant turned tense. She tilted her head when her eyes met with Dae-young.

“Why don’t you answer your phone?”

“It’s probably not important.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter