Bonus Chapter: Kang Mo Yeon and Marriage Proposal

Descendants of The Sun Snippets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In chapter 1, there’s a brief mention about Si Jin proposes to Mo Yeon, but I didn’t elaborate it. This is what happened...

Bonus Chapter: Kang Mo Yeon and Marriage Proposal

It had been a busy day for Kang Mo Yeon.

She handled three surgeries, had night shift and her shift had just ended. It was past noon and her boyfriend called her minutes ago, asking her to meet him in their usual place tonight. Si Jin had just returned after a two weeks mission and they met two days ago, rekindling the feelings of missing each other with heavy make out session and toppled on her bed although they didn’t do more than that. Her boyfriend was indeed old-fashioned. She was expecting him to pick her up at the hospital, but the Major apparently changed his mind.

Mo Yeon was thinking a lot after her visit to her mother’s house.

What would she do if Si Jin propose to her?

The doctor never really thought about marriage before even though she and Si Jin made a promise in the Urk beach to get married. With their opposite jobs and the little time they could spend together, Mo Yeon often thought how they could make it work when someday they got married.

But, like her mother had said once, Si Jin was the one who could understand her job, just like she understood his. And she would like to believe he was the perfect man for her.

After she arrived at her place, Mo Yeon took a bath, washed her hair, and changed her clothes before riding with her car to the coffee shop. It was Saturday night and dal.komm Coffee was crowded. She looked around, trying to find her soldier boyfriend among the other customers and almost passed him if he didn’t raise himself from his chair.

Mo Yeon stopped abruptly on her feet and blinked when she saw Si Jin.

She had seen him wearing his dress uniform in Urk and he never wore it again during their relationship. Mo Yeon almost forgot how handsome he looked in that uniform.

They stood and stared at each other before Si Jin cleared his throat and smiled slightly. “You’re here. I almost thought you wouldn’t come to see me.”

Mo Yeon also gave Si Jin a smile. “Am I late?” The sight of her boyfriend with his uniform was making her blushed slightly.

The Major laughed. “No, not really.” He looked at his watch. “Actually, you’re five minutes early.”

“Oh...” The doctor pursed her lips. “So, you’ve been here early too?”

Mo Yeon remembered Si Jin mentioned the time they supposed to meet and when she glanced at her watch, she was indeed early. But, if she was early, then...how long Si Jin had been waiting for her in this place? And wearing his dress uniform?

The doctor may knew a little about the rules and customs in the army, but she knew dress uniform was a formal uniform and she didn’t think the coffee shop was a suitable place for Si Jin to wear that.

Some customers glanced at them, especially at the Major, but he didn’t seem to be affected by all the glances. The doctor smiled slightly and sat across from Si Jin while the latter sat back on his chair.

Mo Yeon glanced at the empty table in front of her and raised her eyebrows. “You haven’t order anything?”

“I was waiting for you,” the Major answered a bit nervous, causing Mo Yeon to feel suspicious.

“Are you alright?” Mo Yeon asked uncertain. “Why are you wearing your dress uniform?” She frowned. “Are you having another discipline measure? You just got back.”

The Major laughed lightly and stared at Mo Yeon’s eyes. “No, it’s not. I can wear this uniform if there’s a special occasion.”

The doctor blinked. “Special occasion? We’ve met before in this place several times for our date in the weekend, but you never wore your dress uniform.”

“It’s special occasion for me,” Si Jin’s eyes didn’t leave Mo Yeon’s. “This is the thing I wanted to talk about, the one that I mentioned in my phone call when I was on my mission.”

“Oh...”

There’s something important I want to ask you.

Something important? What is it?

You’ll have to wait for next week. It’s a punishment for you having day off when I’m not around.

Mo Yeon remembered their phone conversation when she was in her mother’s house. Well, she didn’t exactly have a day off, but changed her schedule instead. And seeing Si Jin wearing his formal uniform was making Mo Yeon felt insignificant.

She only wore her long coat, a pair of flat shoes, jeans, a shirt, and her hair was in a bun.

What was exactly the special occasion and what was the thing he wanted to talk about?

Si Jin smiled slightly and held Mo Yeon’s hand, causing the doctor’s heart turned erratic. “Kang Mo Yeon, ever since I knew you, you are the important person for me. Never a second I forget about you, even when I was in my captivity.”

Mo Yeon couldn’t say anything to counter that.

“During m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter