(Part 5) Kang Mo Yeon and Team Alpha

Descendants of The Sun Snippets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s Note:

A lot of randomness in this chapter. I honestly didn’t know what I had wrote haha...anyway, I think you guys need a light chapter after the gloomy ones.

Thank you for your comments, subscribes, and votes. I really appreciate it :)

Italic fonts = conversation on phone.

Bold fonts = conversation in English.

Kang Mo Yeon and Team Alpha (Part 5)

Mo Yeon didn’t know how long she fell asleep when she felt someone tugged her IV. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Nurse Choi refilled her IV and yes, Si Jin was still sleeping next to her with his arm around her waist which probably that was the reason why the nurse smiled knowingly.

“How do you feel, Dr. Kang?”

Mo Yeon grinned weakly. “You’re the second person who ask me that.”

Nurse Choi finished refilling her IV and checked her pulse. “Your blood pressure is normal. Do you still have trouble in breathing?”

“A bit. I think I still have the cough whenever I try to take a deep breath,” Mo Yeon answered.

The nurse grinned and tilted her head to Si Jin. “Does he need any help?”

The doctor chuckled and caressed Si Jin’s hair. “No, he only needs sleep. He had a long journey and a long day.” She looked at the nurse again. “What time is it?”

“It’s nearly 6 in the morning. Some people are looking for Major Yoo, though. They said they need to report to him, but they didn’t dare to disturb him when they saw him here.”

Mo Yeon’s eyes widened. “What?”

Nurse Choi giggled. “I’m sure all the soldiers already gossipped about their Major spending the night in the Medicube with beautiful doctor.”

“Oh gosh...” she grumbled. She wanted to wake up Si Jin, but seeing his sleeping face, Mo Yeon didn’t have the heart to do it. Let them talk, she really didn’t care.

“I’ll ask Dr. Song if you can eat something. You must be hungry,” Nurse Choi said again and held Mo Yeon’s hand. “I’am so glad you’re ok, Dr. Kang.”

Mo Yeon smiled in gratitude. “Thank you.”

Nurse Choi left the room and Mo Yeon stared at Si Jin. She smiled before closing her eyes again, she still needed to sleep.

Meanhwile, in the next room, Joon Ha and the members of Team Alpha watched Nurse Ha checking Sergeant Choi’s blood pressure and his wound. The Sergeant himself already conscious several hours before.

“How’s Dr. Kang? Is she alright?” Sergeant Choi asked Nurse Ha.

Nurse Ha didn’t have the chance to answer because Sergeant Gong answered the question for her.

“She’s fine. She’s sleeping in the next room with Major Yoo.”

And then, the others were giggling, except for Joon Ha and Dae-young who only smiled slightly. Nurse Ha almost rolled her eyes. These men were carrying guns, but their behaviour were worse than teenage girls.

Sergeant Choi blinked. “Huh?”

“Major Yoo is sleeping with Dr. Kang on her bed. Wow...I never knew he is so bold,” Sergeant Im said.

“He is bold. He didn’t give up even though Dr. Kang rejected him several times,” Sergeant Gong said again. And then, he looked at Sergeant Choi. “I told you we should call her our sister in law since that confession.”

The latter only grumbled. “Yeah, I lost the bet big time.”

“You are fine, but you still need to rest until your wound is dry. Maybe two or three days,” Nurse Ha said, ignoring the banter between the soldiers. “After this, you need to eat something.”

“Yes, Ma’am,” Sergeant Choi answered.

Nurse Ha left the room and Dae-young said to Joon Ha, “Should we wake up Major Yoo? It’s already morning.”

Joon Ha shook his head. “No, let him have a rest. I’m sure he feels exhausted spending hours of journey from Korea with worry in his heart. He’ll wake up when he needs to. Meanwhile, I need to get back to the hospital to inform the UN doctors about Dr. Kang. They want to know about her condition. You’re coming with me, Sergeant Seo. The rest of you stay here.”

“Yes, sir.”

Joon Ha and Dae-young walked out from the room, leaving the three of Team Alpha’s members talking about Major Yoo.

Two hours later, Si Jin slowly opened his eyes and smiled when he saw Dr. Kang next to him. She was sleeping, she looked like sleeping beauty. Si Jin spent a few moments to admire the doctor before he looked at his watch and groaned. It was past 8 in the morning. He was defintelly late for the morning roll call and he haven’t reported anything yet to the headquarters. He got up from the bed and pulled out a paper from one of his vest pockets and wrote a message for Dr. Kang that he needed to do his errand and promised her to spend the night together again. A noise alerted him and Si Jin turned his head to the direction of the door and noticed some soldiers were peeking on them before they scattered away when they realized Si Jin was awake.

The Major only laughed in disbelief.

Today he must deal with his men who dare peeked on him and Dr. Kang.

He quickly got up and wore back his upper uniform, his belt, and his boots. He gave Mo Yeon a kiss on her forehead before grabbing his helmet and his vest and got out from the room. Outside, he met with Chi Hun and Dr. Song and asked them to take care of Mo Yeon.

The Major walked out from the Medicube and headed to the main tent. Some soldiers saluted him along the way and he caught their cheeky grins. Si Jin couldn’t help, but shaking his head.

In the main tent, Joon Ha already arrived from the hospital and quickly gave Si Jin a salute.

“How was it?” The Major asked.

“Everything is under control, sir. The earthquake did a huge damage on the hospital. All the staffs and patients are transferred to another hospital. The UN doctors also asked about Dr. Kang’s condition and I already told them. They expect to see her again before she has to return to Korea. Sergeant Choi already conscious and the doctors give him three days to rest,” Joon Ha answered.

Si Jin nodded. “That’s good. Thank you, Captain, and can you tell all the soldiers to gather in front of the barrack? I need to say something to them.”

Joon Ha blinked. “Yes, sir.”

Si Jin didn’t need to wait too long for the soldiers to line up in front of him just like he wanted to. They gave him their salute and then he said, “I’d like to say thank you to all of you for the rescue mission. Sergeant Choi and Dr. Kang are well, thank you for your quick actions.”

The Major pursed his lips and then, grinned smugly while the soldiers already knew their Major was plotting something.

“As for what happened last night, I know most of you making a fuss about it. I have to say I didn’t do anything wrong because Dr. Kang is my-soon-to-be wife. And to all of you who already made a fuss,” Si Jin’s face suddenly turned serious. “20 laps sand run with your gun.”

The soldiers groaned while Joon Ha only laughed lightly next to Si Jin.

“If you groan, add 5 more laps.”

And they finally went silent.

“On your way!” Si Jin said.

“Yes, sir.”

The soldiers splitted up and Si Jin looked over at Joon Ha who only smiling. “I didn’t make a fuss, sir,” he said in defense.

Si Jin smirked. “I know you didn’t. If you do, I’ll have you to run 30 laps.”

Joon Ha cleared his throat while Si Jin turned around and walked away.

“I’m going to the headquarters,” the Major said without looking back.

“Yes, sir. Salute!” Joon Ha replied.

The soldiers did the run as Si Jin told, passing Myeong Ju who looked at them curiously. “What happened?” she asked Joon Ha who appeared next to her. It was unusual seeing most of the soldiers did the sand run.

Joon Ha only scratched his head. “Let’s just say our Major doesn’t like other people peeking on him and Dr. Kang.”

“Huh?”

Major Yoo Si Jin could be scary when it came to Dr. Kang Mo Yeon.

In the Medicube, Mo Yeon already awake and read the note Si Jin left for her. She only made a face when the Major stated he would come back to spend the night with her.

The nerve of that man.

As if she didn’t know he made the soldiers did the sand run just because they made a fuss about him sleeping next to her.

Dr. Song gave her a light meal and finally released the oxygen. Mo Yeon could lay down more freely. It was the moment when Sergeant Choi visited her. He also still wearing patient cloth and walked with limping leg.

“Sergeant Choi, you shouldn’t walk around like this,” Mo Yeon said in surprise while sitting on her bed.

The Sergeant only smiled and sat on the chair next to Mo Yeon’s bed. “I can’t rest until I know you are well just like the others told me.”

“Aww...you’re so sweet. No wonder you already married.”

“Pardon?”

Mo Yeon only laughed. “No, nothing.” She pointed to the soldier’s leg. “How’s your wound?”

“It’s better. Sometimes it stings, but not as much as yesterday. Thank you for your help, Doctor.”

The doctor smiled. “No problem. And, thank you for saving my life. Now, you should get rest. As you can see, I’m fine.”

“Yes, Doctor. Salute!”

Mo Yeon smiled and also gave the Sergeant her salute.

The doctor spent her day on the bed for she still needed time to recover. She raised her eyebrows when Si Jin came into her bed section after dinner and removed his belt and boots, along with his upper uniform.

Mo Yeon looked at him with shocking face. “What are you doing?” She quickly sat up on her bed.

Si Jin looked back with his innocent face. “Sleeping here with you.”

The doctor couldn’t say anything when Si Jin opened the blanket and lay next to her, as if it was a natural thing in the world.

“You are unbelievable,” Mo Yeon muttered.

Si Jin sighed. He looked at Mo Yeon who was still looking at him incrediously. “You can say anything you want. After we get married, you can’t complain.”

“Huh...now I begin to regret my decision saying yes to your marriage proposal.”

“It’s too late for that.”

“I told you, your confidence can backfire you someday.”

Si Jin chuckled and motioned to Mo Yeon to lay next to him. The doctor sighed and lay down on the bed, closing her eyes when Si Jin kissed her forehead.

“You took off your oxygen,” he said.

Mo Yeon nodded and opened her eyes, meeting with those loving eyes. “Dr. Song thinks my lungs are better so I don’t need oxygen anymore.”

The Major sighed dramatically. “This means I can’t do anything because your lips are not dry anymore.”

The doctor narrowed her eyes. “ert.”

Si Jin grinned and caressed her cheek. “How do you feel now?”

“Better than yesterday. Dr. Song said he would release me in the next two days.” Mo Yeon glared at Si Jin. “After that, I’m sleeping in my own tent.”

“I can still sleeping there with you.”

“Hey!”

Si Jin laughed.

“Seriously? What the headquarters think when they heard you are sleeping here with me? Will they punish you?”

“They already knew.”

“What? And?”

Si Jin shrugged. “And nothing. Besides, they knew the reason I came here it’s because of you  and you are not just any random woman. You’re my woman.” He gave her his intense glare. “That’s the difference.”

“Ah, so that was why you told the soldiers to do the sand run.”

“I told you before, I’m the Major. I can punish them even for looking at you.”

“Gosh...”

Mo Yeon sighed while Si Jin was playing with her hair.

“I wish I could do that too in the hospital, using power like that. Do you know I failed being professor three times?”

The Major blinked.

“It’s all about connection in Haesung. That was why I wanted to resign, aside from...well, of course you already knew. The last professor they had was that lousy Dr. Kim who can’t even use a scalpel and giving wrong diagnoses. It should have been her who became the celebrity, not me.”

Mo Yeon took a deep breath. “And now, the foreign country asked for my help. I feel like this is how I should be treated.” She looked at Si Jin. “Working with the UN doctors giving me new perspective. I still want to build my own hospital. It’s my dream.”

Si Jin smiled lovingly. “Ever since I knew you, I knew you are not just an ordinary doctor. Especially when you tried to stop the bleeding of that patient on the day I came for our appointment.”

“You saw me?”

“Not only saw you. I helped the nurses pushed the bed to the surgery room. You didn’t see me, of course.”

“Oh...”

“And what you said to that Yoon Gi guy about us protecting you while you were doing the surgery, I was proud at myself and you. Proud at myself because I made the right decision and also proud at you because you understood why I did it in the first place.”

“Because you believe me?”

Si Jin stared at Mo Yeon. “Yes. I believed you can save him and I believe you will always keep me alive.”

Mo Yeon only could smiled back, her heart full with love for her soldier. Her mother was right. Si Jin was the only one who could understand her.

“I will support your decision, anything at all.” Si Jin grimaced. “Just...think first when you want to give your resignation letter.”

Mo Yeon chuckled and slapped Si Jin’s arm.

The Major stared at Mo Yeon deeply. “I always think how lucky I am. During my time in the captivity, I always regret I take you for granted. Thank you for waiting for me.”

The doctor smiled grimly. “The peeble is indeed magical.” She looked at Si Jin. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter