Kang Mo Yeon and Park Byeong-su

Descendants of The Sun Snippets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kang Mo Yeon and Park Byeong-su

History repeated itself.

At least for Kang Mo Yeon.

Less than a month, when she was on her duty, her fiance was sent to Haesung Hospital where she worked, bleeding because of a gunshot. Although it was not as serious as the last time he came nearly dying, but it didn’t make Mo Yeon felt great either. Si Jin was losing so much blood, she had to press her palm really hard to stop the bleeding while holding back her tears. And also the difference from the previous event, this time Si Jin was still conscious. He smiled weakly at her despite how pale he was.

“Mo Yeon...Kang Mo Yeon...is that you?” he said softly between his breath, trying to stay awake.

Mo Yeon didn’t answer. She was busy pressing her palm and wheeled the bed into the surgery room with other nurses.

“You look...very pretty...today.” His eyelids slowly closed.

“Stay awake, Major,” Mo Yeon said, making Si Jin opened his eyes in surprise. “It’s not the time to sleep. Not yet.”

Si Jin slowly smiled. “That’s my girl.”

The surgery door opened and Mo Yeon quickly changed into her surgery robe. Si Jin already lay on the bed. His jacket and clothes already removed from his body. When everything was ready, Mo Yeon wore her mask and leaned down to stare at Si Jin’s eyes. He looked so worn out and tired. Mo Yeon smiled and Si Jin’s hair, making him blinked owlishly and casted a small smile.

“You can sleep now,” Mo Yeon said sweetly, nodding to her assistant to inject anesthesia so Si Jin could sleep.

“You are right. You look y with your surgery robe,” Si Jin slurry said before finally closed his eyes.

Mo Yeon stared at Si Jin’s sleeping face before checking everything so she could begin the surgery. She had done a lot of surgeries before and some of them were not easy. This time she tried not to get carried away with her personal feelings. The man lay in front of her was her patient, but also her fiance. She must saved both of them. The surgery took two hours for the bullet stucked nearly to his heart. When it finished, Mo Yeon sent Si Jin into ICU while she came out from the surgery room and leaned on the wall. She took a deep breath and pulled out her engagement ring from her pocket. She stared at it for a while before going to wash her hands and put the ring back on her ring finger.

That was close.

Really close.

If the bullet went straight to the heart, Mo Yeon didn’t want to think what could have happened.

She exchanged her robe with a clean one before stepping out from the surgery room and met face to face with Park Byeong-su, Si Jin’s commander. Mo Yeon never liked the man. He was different from Si Jin who was truly a soldier. Mo Yeon saw Park Byeong-su as a person who followed the rules, but didn’t know if the rules were right or wrong.

“Why do I always have to see you if one of my men was hurt?” he asked in snide tone.

“Maybe because your men love me,” Mo Yeon answered. Si Jin’s joke ability slowly rubbing off on her.

Si Jin’s commander narrowed his eyes. “How was the surgery?”

Mo Yeon stared back. “It was a success. He is alive. I sent him into the ICU. Not conscious yet so don’t do anything funny. It’s my fiance we’re talking about. You may be his commander, but he is my patient. If you want him back to do his job endangering his life to save his country, you better listen to what I said.”

Commander Park blinked in surprise. He knew he couldn’t take Dr. Kang lightly. Although he didn’t know the details, but rumors said Yoo Si Jin broke the rules with the Arabian people because of her and also risked his position in the army to save her from the kidnappers back in Urk. Some said Dr. Kang had no one in Urk and felt lonely and just saw Major Si Jin as a companion, but later he got news both of them had met before Dr. Kang was sent to Urk. Their reunion in Urk was just a stepping stone to finish what they haven’t started before. And now, they were engaged.

“Well...thank you, Dr. Kang, for saving Major Si Jin’s life. I know maybe this is a bit late, but congratulations for your engagement,” finally Comander Park said.

Mo Yeon took a deep breath. “It’s nothing and thank you. I’m going to check him later to see if he could transferred to VIP room.”

To her surprise, the commander gave her a salute before turning away from her.

Mo Yeon ran a hand through her hair and quietly sat down on the chair. Her head down and she closed her eyes to calm her emotions when she sensed someone sat next to her. She raised her head and saw Seo Dae-young next to her. He wore the same outfit with Si Jin, the black one. The same as she saw when they saved her from Private Ryan.

“If I ask you what happened,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter