Chapter 9

Teach Me How to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: If y'all ever forgot to complete a homework which is due that day, especially a subject that is as complicated as Maths, then you're definitely going to relate to this. xD

Mingyu winced as he saddled his bag over his shoulders. They still hurt after his fight that past Saturday, where his opponent was apparently an actual skilled fighter. It was only by a close margin, but the boy managed to win past everything. Albeit, it still resulted in him getting more bruises than usual. 

As he reached his classroom, he tried his best to appear normal. Lucky for him, his face hadn't taken much of the hits that was hurled towards him during the fight, so there were no visible wounds. 

He greeted his friends and talked about how their weekend went. Some of them had spent most of their time just studying, while others played video games or watched movies. Mingyu wasn't about to tell them that he spent most of his weekend tending to his bruises and sleeping through the pain, so he simply told them that he was trying to catch up with Maths. 

Which technically, it wasn't a whole lie. Wonwoo had also kept track on Mingyu's revisions by texting him, asking if there was anything he was still unsure of. Mingyu did reply saying that maybe there were one or two questions he wasn't a hundred percent sure, so Wonwoo attempted to explain it to him through text or voice message. The younger preferred the voice messages, though. It made him feel less lonely and his house felt less silent as he played the message aloud.

The first period was homeroom, where Wonwoo entered at precisely 8:00 am. He placed his things on the table, and waited as the class president lead the class to greet him. Wonwoo simply nodded, telling everyone to take their seats. His eyes veered towards Mingyu's for a second, before he started. 

He grabbed a stack of papers, splitting them into different portions and handing them to each row. Each person took one, and immediately began reading the contents of it. Some cheers sounded across the room.

"Most of you have read the title, but yes, there will be an MT in two months time," Wonwoo spoke loudly, walking down the rows. "We're giving you this notice in advance so that you have sufficient time to tell your parents and get their permission. The fee is only $20, and it's compulsory. Anyone under the financial aid scheme is paid for by the school." He stopped right next to Mingyu's table, but didn't spare him a glance. 

"What will we be doing there?" Someone asked.

"If you read the whole letter, it mentions that there'll be fun activities planned," Wonwoo replied simply.

"That totally answers the question," Mingyu spoke sarcastically, drawing out laughter among the class. 

Wonwoo looked down at Mingyu, his eyes sparkling in amusement. He started walking back towards the front of the class. "Well, I might have heard that there'll be adventurous activities like zip-lines, treasure hunts and there will no doubt be performances." As he reached the front, he clapped once to draw everyone's attention from their excited chatter. "Remember that this is to strengthen the bond of everyone in your year before you graduate. Take this as a graduation trip." 

Everyone nodded their heads, turning a bit somber at the mention of graduation. Then, they're back to cheering enthusiastically. 

"Please submit your forms by the stated time on the letter, together with the fee. Meals and sleeping areas will be provided," Wonwoo spoke, and with a look towards the clock, continued, "That's all for today's announcement. I'll see you all later for Maths. Remember the homework I gave out last Friday."

Mingyu froze in his seat. Wait, homework...? And then it dawned upon the boy that yes, there was indeed Maths homework. He subtly reached for his phone, scrolling through Wonwoo's text where he asked if there was anything he didn't understand. Mingyu had thought that the man was simply asking how he was holding up with revision, which was why the younger had responded a question from his textbook. He had totally forgotten about the worksheet that was given out. So that's why he asked if I needed help. Mingyu sighed frustratingly, feeling the panic bubble in his chest. He looked back up towards Wonwoo, trying to appear calm.

Wonwoo caught his eyes at that moment. "I really hope all of you had done your homework. I'll be calling out students to go up and write the answers down."

That was when Mingyu couldn't hold in the slight grimace in his expression. He watched as Wonwoo thanked the class and walked out. A few minutes after, when the next teacher hadn't arrived yet, he received a message. 

Wonwoo:
And here I thought you didn't had any problems with the homework

The grimace in his face became more prominent. Rummaging through his bag, he found the worksheet, clean and untouched. Cursing to himself, he stashed it back into his bag, contemplating if he should make up an excuse. When he looked around, he noticed that the boy beside was staring straight at him. He shook his head slowly, indicating that he had seen Mingyu's incomplete paper. 

"Jihoon, please don't say anything..." Mingyu almost begged pathetically. "I won't bother you, I swear."

The boy looked back towards the front, and Mingyu took the lack of response that he wouldn't say anything. Hopefully.

When lunch time rolled around, Mingyu took his paper with him to the canteen. His friends gave him curious looks as he sat down at their table and started doing the first question. 

"Aren't you going to eat, Mingyu?" Minghao asked as he picked on his food.

Mingyu looked up fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter