Chapter 12

Teach Me How to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the group of friends entered the cabin, they were greeted with bunk beds against each side of the room. There was more than enough space in the middle for them to sit in a circle as the room was quite spacious. Everyone rushed to claim a bed, and Mingyu decided to go for the top bunk on the left, where he noticed that there was a small window next to it meant for ventilation. He set his luggage next to Minghao's, who was taking the bottom bunk. 

A slight commotion outside the door caught everyone's attention, and Mingyu realised that their sixth roommate wasn't there yet. He moved to sit on the edge of the bed letting his feet dangle in the air as he watched Hansol moved to open it. 

"Ah, I'm sorry!" The boy apologised. "My luggage wheels got stuck on the steps."

"It's fine. Here, let me help," Hansol offered, helping the other carry the luggage up the narrow porch. 

The boy then settled in on the only empty bed before looking around. No one really made a move to talk to him, which could mean that he was from another class. If that was the case, then it must be unfair for him as he would be the only one in the cabin who wouldn't know anyone else. 

Since Hansol was the one who helped him, the boy turned to him first. "My name's Seungkwan, by the way. I'm from Class 2-3. I don't think I've been in the same class as anyone here, actually," he admitted, looking timidly at the rest.

"It's okay!" Soonyoung exclaimed from where he was excitedly moving about on his top bunk. "We can get to know each other. I'm Soonyoung."

"Yup, that's true! I'm Seokmin."

Mingyu got down from his bed. "I'm Mingyu. I'm actually in the same class as Soonyoung and Seokmin. Hansol and Minghao are in one class too." 

Minghao waved as his name was being called.

"I see, so you're Hansol... and Minghao. It's nice that you guys have friends from the same class. Actually, all of you are already friends, right? I've seen you guys eating lunch on one table every time."

Soonyoung, sensing that Seungkwan must feel out of place, climbed down from his bed to wrap an arm around his shoulder. "Then let's be friends too!"

Seungkwan laughed. "Sure, then."

Right then, there was a knock on the door, and Mingyu went to open it, revealing Wonwoo. 

"Oh, hi Mr. Jeon!" Soonyoung greeted. "Are we supposed to go out now?"

Wonwoo nodded. "Yeah, you have five minutes left to assemble outside with your respective cabin mates. Bring along your water bottles to stay hydrated." He turned to Mingyu who was standing at the side. "See you soon."

"Okay, let's grab the things we need and go out," Minghao said. "I don't want to be the last to reach there."

After they locked the door, they walked together towards the direction of the assembly ground. 

"Hey, Seokmin," Soonyoung started as they walked. "Did Mr. Jeon teach your class last year as well?"

"Yeah, he did," Seokmin replied. "That's when he first joined our school as a teacher, right? And last year was the only year I was placed in a different class then all of you."

"er." Minghao laughed, which earned a playful punch from Seokmin. "Why do you ask anyway?"

Soonyoung had a thoughtful look on his face. "Nothing much. I was just thinking how less of a douchebag he is this year."

"Language, Soonyoung," Seokmin chided.

"Anyway, as I was saying," his friend ignored, "didn't you guys notice that he was much more mean to us last year? I remembered how he used to check our homework to see if we've done it, and those who didn't would have to stand outside the classroom with their hands raised. It was humiliating. Now, he doesn't even check our answers, and he's actually a great and understanding teacher now that he's not an ."

Mingyu listened in, thinking through Soonyoung's words. Could it be that he managed to vent out his frustrations during the fight, so he's much nicer to the students now?

"I kinda noticed, but I'm not complaining at all," Minghao replied.

"Anyway," Soonyoung clapped Mingyu on the shoulder, "you're lucky that you weren't here last year. He might as well have beaten us up, with the way he acts around the students."

Mingyu laughed, his mind flashing to his fights with Wonwoo. "Haha, right."

The group finally reached the assembly ground, and to Minghao's relief, they weren't the last to arrive. They stood in an orderly fashion, and Mingyu noticed that Seungkwan was waving happily to his other friends next to them.

After a few minutes, everyone had finally arrived. Mr. Park stood at the front once more.

"Thank you for being obedient and actually coming out on time. Our first activity will be ice breakers, as your cabin mates will be with you for the next few days. There will be a series of games prepared by the teachers, who will direct all of you to different venues. Because we don't have enough teachers for each group, they will act as a chaperone for four groups at once, which means that you will all collectively be a group. We will then have our lunch at the dining area after that. Please remember to always stay hydrated, as the weather is getting hotter. With that said, the teachers will now take over."

Mingyu already had a hunch of who their chaperone would be, and it didn't surprise him as the person stood in front of him and the rest of the group.

"Looks like I'll be taking care of you," Wonwoo spoke, smiling amusedly. He then turned towards the students. "Group 4, 5, 8 and 9, please follow me!" 

Wonwoo guided them outside of the assembly area, away from the bustling of the other groups. As they walked, Mingyu noticed that there was a lake nearby. His heart skipped a beat.

They stopped at the large space next to the lake. "Okay, before I let you guys go off into your small groups first, let's establish a group member to keep everyone in check. Any volunteers?"

"Mr. Jeon, why not you choose the tallest from each class?" A girl from the other group suggested. 

"Hm, that's a great idea, Myungeun," Wonwoo replied.

Mingyu sighed, as he looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter