Chapter 10

Teach Me How to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please enjoy this proper full meanie chapter and pretend that the april fools chapter didn't happen. 

 

After his last lesson ended, Mingyu quickly packed his bag, stuffing his items in it. Waving goodbye to his friends, he headed for the teachers' office. 

As he took a peek into the room, he realised that Wonwoo wasn't there yet, and assumed that he had most likely just ended another class. Deciding to wait for him, Mingyu stood next to the entrance, mindlessly watching people walk by. 

"Hello, Mingyu," a voice greeted. Mingyu looked up to see that it was Mr. Kim. "Waiting for a teacher?"

Mingyu bowed politely and nodded. "Yes, I'm waiting for Mr. Jeon."

Mr. Kim smiled. "I see. Are you fitting in with the school well? It must be hard just joining it a few months into the semester," he asked worriedly.

"It's fine," the student shrugged. "My new friends here are helping me, and Mr. Jeon's been making sure I'm up to date with lessons... Especially Maths. Since that is what he's teaching."

Laughing, Mr. Kim replied, "That's great. Well, if you need anymore help, you can just ask for me. I'll be here."

Mingyu nodded. "Will do. Thank you, Mr. Kim."

Mr. Kim nodded once, looking at the student fondly before entering the office. 

Just then, Mingyu spotted Wonwoo making his way over, hands full.

"Hey, Mingyu. You can just wait for me here. Let me place my things in," Wonwoo spoke, attempting to open the door. 

When he failed to do so, Mingyu snorted, sliding it open for him. The other simply grinned bashfully before entering. Once he was done, the two walked out of the school building together as Wonwoo spoke.

"So I just wanted to ask how you are really coping with Maths," he started, turning to him as he raised an eyebrow. "Do you want to talk about how you totally forgot my homework?"

Mingyu sighed. "I knew you wouldn't let that go. So I forgot, but I tried to do it during recess, okay? I tried, but the lunch today was too good to pass. At least I tried, right?"

"Sure, you tried. But if you couldn't at least do some of the steps for the first question, then you're not properly caught up yet."

"It's not that I don't get it. I did understand when we were going through the answers today. I guess it's just the pressure of trying to do it in a few minutes that got my mind not thinking," Mingyu reasoned. 

"What happened during your fight on Saturday?" Wonwoo suddenly asked seriously as they stepped out of school grounds.

"Huh?"

Wonwoo poked the younger's shoulder, causing him to wince noticeably. "This. What happened? Why are you still injured?"

Mingyu rubbed his shoulder gently, pouting slightly. "It's normal for every fight. I just didn't expect the other to be extremely good. I've never seen him before." He left out the part where the guy had almost broken Mingyu's bones, dislodged his shoulder, and made him practically bedridden for the rest of the weekend. 

"And? Did you get treated properly?" Wonwoo asked with a frown.

"I did. Seungcheol had a family doctor come over to sort me out once, but I was fine after on just painkillers and rest."

Wonwoo stopped them both. "What do you mean, 'sort you out'?" 

"Look, I'm okay, alright? It just needs more time to heal, that's all." 

The older sighed in frustration. "Did you win, then?"

A smile crept onto Mingyu's lips. "Yup. Add that to my savings and I'm all set for my last month's rent!" 

"Where are you going now?" 

"Home, I guess. I got nothing else to do. I mean, I could go find a job, but... I'm tired." True to his words, Wonwoo did notice how tired Mingyu looked.

"Come with me to Carat Cafe, then," Wonwoo offered. "I'll buy you a drink."

"You've always been paying for me, though. I don't want to burden you or anything..." Mingyu muttered as the both headed off to the familiar direction of the cafe.

Wonwoo waved a hand. "I'm a financially stable government worker, Mingyu. I'm sure that buying you a cup of ice chocolate won't burden my bank account."

"Yeah, yeah... If you insist, then..."

The two greeted Jeonghan as they entered, walking towards the table right at the back. As they took a seat in the booth, Wonwoo offered to order the drinks for them both. Without consulting him, the older had went off and ordered Mingyu's previous drink. 

"Thanks," Mingyu said, accepting the cool plastic cup from Wonwoo. He took a sip of the sweet drink, his eyes closing momentarily. "Seriously, this is so good."

Wonwoo chuckled, just as a figure loomed beside them. 

"Care to let me join?" Jeonghan asked, about to take a seat on Mingyu's side, before Wonwoo pulled him away and onto his side. "What?"

"Let this be formal, will you? At least sit across him," Wonwoo chided, looking away. 

Jeonghan snorted. "Sure."

Mingyu looked between the two men in front of him, curious. "What's the announcement? You two getting married?"

Wonwoo almost choked on his hot coffee, liquid sputtering everywhere. Jeonghan grimaced. 

"Um, gross? This dude is basically my brother, my 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter