Chapter 7

Teach Me How to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is an unusual sight..." Seungcheol muttered as he stared at both Wonwoo and Mingyu who were sat on the floor, using the bench as a makeshift table.

Mingyu looked up towards him. "Desperate times calls for desperate measures, Hyung. I've been blank for the whole of Maths class this whole time."

"Yeah, but having your lessons here, though?" The older asked quizzically. 

"Convenience," Mingyu responded simply. Wonwoo nodded as well, seemingly amused. "Plus, we're seated towards the back here, so we won't be disturbed by everything."

Seungcheol chuckled, shaking his head. He walked over towards them and observed the page that the textbook was turned to. "Hmm, didn't I taught this to you once?"

"Yeah, once. I don't remember it now, and you hadn't went deeper into the topic," Mingyu spoke, but turned slightly to hug the older by the legs. "Thank you for trying, though."

It might have looked weird from the angle that Mingyu was hugging Seungcheol's legs, and Wonwoo would be lying if he didn't think exactly that. However, Seungcheol just laughed it off, ruffling the younger's hair. 

"Yeah, yeah. I'll let you two get back to studying. I'm expecting good grades, alright?" Seungcheol joked, lightly kicking off Mingyu's arms. "I'll call you up when you're next." He turned to Wonwoo. "I was wondering, actually... Why are you here, though? I mean, I understand the convenience part, but as far as I remember, only Mingyu was supposed to be fighting today."

Wonwoo leaned back slightly to look up at him. "Don't get me wrong, I do actually come here to watch fights sometimes when I feel like venting my frustrations myself. I don't live too far away from here, and just figured today that Mingyu needed to catch up as soon as possible if he wants to get that good grades you expect," he responded, smirking at the last statement.

Mingyu frowned slightly as he heard the other speak about using the fights to vent his frustrations. Nevertheless, he decided not to dwell too much about it. The older had come here to help him with his studies even though he wasn't supposed to be here, and he was grateful for that.

Seungcheol nodded in understanding. "I guess some people do come here to watch the fights to vent their frustration in some way. I'm just curious now on who you're imagining being beaten up. I just hope it's none of your students," he half-joked, raising an eyebrow.

The other shook his head, glancing towards Mingyu for a second. "Nah, I'm not that cruel to my students. Just... Someone."

"Well, in that case, I'll leave you two to study now," Seungcheol spoke, patting Wonwoo on the shoulder once before leaving. Mingyu didn't miss the skeptical look on the older's face as he walked away.

Before Wonwoo could go back into explaining the formulations from the textbook again, Mingyu decided to voice his thoughts. "You sure that pent up anger isn't from students?" 

Wonwoo looked at him amusedly. "Yes, I'm sure. I have my reasons, but believe me when I say that I'm not cruel like I'm pretty sure you think I am."

"I wasn't thinking that you're cruel..." Mingyu mumbled, eyes travelling back towards his textbook. "Let's just continue..."

Wonwoo laughed softly, mussing up Mingyu's hair like how Seungcheol did a few minutes ago. Why do I have two men basically babying me right now? "Well I was just about to do that. Now, look here..."

*

Mingyu slumped against the bench, sighing loudly. "Maths is such a workout."

"Stop whining, we're almost done with this question, and then we're done for this topic," Wonwoo cheered him up slightly. 

The younger laid his head on the bench, turning to Wonwoo. He pouted. "But this topic is far too complicated, can't we just move this to next time?"

Wonwoo snorted. "You look ridiculous. Stop pouting." He poked the back end of his pencil on Mingyu's cheek, before closing the textbook and stuffing the rest of the extra papers in between the pages. Mingyu smiled at this. "Fine, we'll continue this really soon, because you need to catch up, and you're three topics away. Also, I think you're going to be up next."

Mingyu sat up, looking at where Wonwoo was gesturing to. He noticed Seungcheol walking up towards them. "I honestly do not know how to feel about this. I'm mentally tired from all the Maths."

Seungcheol smiled. "Well, I don't think you have a choice, unless you want to back out."

In an instant, Mingyu stood up, dropping the calculator that was on his lap. "As if I'd back out," he said, ing his uniform shirt and taking it off. He was still wearing an undershirt underneath.

"I don't get why male students just like to wear a shirt under their shirt, and it's not even a proper undershirt..." Wonwoo asked himself aloud.

"I just don't want my uniform to be too sweaty," Mingyu explained distractedly as he placed his uniform on the bench. 

The older stood up and followed as Seungcheol guided Mingyu to the middle of the makeshift circle, where another buff-looking man already stood. Wonwoo had to admit, he was slightly worried for Mingyu. Soon, the fight began and the surroundings were once again filled with men screaming as a way to support a side. Wonwoo tried his best to drown them out.

Now that Wonwoo actually knew Mingyu, and he wasn't the one in the ring, he could carefully observe each and every move of Mingyu's that was swift, accurate, and surprisingly well thought-out. It was as if he was already a professional fighter. Even with the profile of his opponent that seemed extremely aggressive and very built, he failed to carefully throw out his hits as he simply went for it. As for Mingyu, Wonwoo noticed how his eyes were extremely focused, eyes darting towards each move of his opponent. He didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter