Chapter 11

Teach Me How to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Slight trigger warning?)

2 Months Later

"Can all students please stay in your respective rows with your own class. Your homeroom teacher will be taking your attendance shortly. Please be reminded that alcoholic drinks, lighters, cigarettes and play cards are not allowed."

Excited chattering sounded across the assembly ground as the final year students gathered within their classes. Everyone wore casual clothing while carrying their luggage filled with necessities needed for their four days and three nights trip. 

"Mingyu!" Seokmin exclaimed as he bear hugged the other. "This will be your first trip with us. I'm so happy!"

Minghao nodded, his eyes partially covered with the cap he wore. "Yeah. We went for one last year as well."

"Remember when Seokmin was dared to steal Mr. Park's megaphone and sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with it?" Soonyoung spoke, laughing with each word. "Mr. Park was so mad but he couldn't punish anyone because it was supposed to be a happy trip, and Seokmin technically didn't do anything offensive."

Seokmin detached himself from Mingyu. "That was too embarrassing. But it got people telling me that I had a nice singing voice."

Mingyu listened in to his friends reminiscing about their previous trip, giggling at the funny stories told. In a way, he did felt left out as he hadn't been there. If only he had a normal school life, he could've shared the same memories as his friends. 

Minghao tapped him on the shoulder. "What about you, Mingyu? How different are the school trips for a private school?"

His friends turned to him with genuine curiosity. Mingyu chuckled bashfully. "Um, I don't think there's anything different, really. I've only been to one once, and we stayed in cabins in a campsite."

"But, how were the cabins like?" Soonyoung asked.

"Like... Cabins?"

Shaking his head, Soonyoung explained, "I mean, was it air-conditioned? Was there anything special?"

"Soonyoung," Minghao chided, "I think Mingyu meant that there weren't anything special with their cabins."

Mingyu nodded. "Yeah, that's true. They weren't air-conditioned or anything too."

"Interesting..." Soonyoung responded. Mingyu looked at him in amusement.

"Was there anything interesting that happened then? I'm sure you had fun with your friends back there. How old were you then?" Seokmin asked continuously.

"I was... Thirteen."

 

This is my only chance.

 

"Mingyu!"

"Teacher! Mingyu's not coming back up!"

"He's drowning!

"Does anyone know CPR?"

 

Mingyu shook his head. "Nothing much happened, actually."

 

"Did you think it was that easy to get away from me?"

 

"Well, I kind of expected that private school students are boring. Not that you are, though, Mingyu," Seokmin replied. 

Hansol spoke up for the first time since their conversation started. "But, why did you only go when you were thirteen though? How about last year?"

"I didn't went for the following years," Mingyu answered simply. 

Before anyone else had anything else to ask, Mr. Park, the coordinator for the trip, announced that the homeroom teachers would be taking their attendance. Mingyu silently thanked for the diversion of attention. 

Wonwoo walked down the row of students as he checked the attendance sheet. He was dressed in a simple striped shirt and board shorts. Mingyu smiled as the teacher reached next to him.

"You look comfortable," Mingyu commented. 

"Yeah, well, everyone here does. Excited for this trip?" Wonwoo asked.

The student shrugged. "Indifferent, actually. My last trip... didn't carry much good memories."

Over the course of two months, Mingyu had settled well in school and was catching up with the subjects. Furthermore, he had fulfilled Wonwoo's request of not fighting during the period of time as he worked at Jeonghan's cafe. That also meant that he didn't get to see Seungcheol much, but his friend had told him that it was a good thing. Instead, he had dropped by the cafe every now and then to see Mingyu work. Seungcheol was happy that they could at least see each other in a different circumstance, rather than before Mingyu would fight.

In contrary to his own words, Wonwoo did visit The Underground to fight. But the older simply explained that he wanted to vent his frustrations he had lately. He had also felt the need to reassure Mingyu that he really wasn't a violent person. With his visit to The Underground, Wonwoo had also came across Junhui, the one who had almost beaten Mingyu in the younger's last fight. Wonwoo had told Mingyu about meeting him, saying that the young Chinese man was actually quite a nice person. 

He did, however, left out the part where he'd carried a bit of resentment towards Junhui for hurting Mingyu.

"If your homeroom teacher has taken your attendance, please prepare to board the bus. You'll be b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter