Chapter 13

Teach Me How to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once everyone was back and packed their used clothes separately, Wonwoo knocked and entered the cabin. Everyone held their breaths as they paused what they were doing.

"Hi, guys. We have around 15 minutes till supper so I just wanted to take this time to talk to you. Just... sit down wherever you'd like."

Everyone simply sat on either their beds or the floor. 

"So, as it has come to my attention... Or rather what I just found earlier, the door wasn't locked when all of you left for the locker room. I think it doesn't take a genius to know that most of you leave your valuables in here and that if anything is missing, it'll be a huge problem. Now, I've talked to Mingyu about this and he understands that it's his responsibility to lock up if there isn't anyone inside. However, I would like all of you to share his burden as this is supposed to be a fun trip for all of you to bond. Let's just remind each other what we forget to do, alright?" Everyone nodded. "Alright, I'll leave now because I know you're all suffocating from my presence." He laughed softly. "See you all at supper."

As the door closed behind him, the boys sighed loudly. "Wow. At least he knew that," Soonyoung joked. 

"Hey, let's not be too hard on him. At least he's being chill right now for a teacher," Mingyu spoke, stuffing his used clothes that was in a plastic bag into his luggage.

"That's true, I guess..." Minghao agreed, side-eyeing Mingyu thoughtfully.

Luckily, when the group arrived for supper, there was still plenty of food prepared. They played games while eating that got everyone laughing. Seokmin got reprimanded by a teacher walking by as he mentioned how it'd be even better if they had alcoholic drinks, which of course had everyone cackling. 

"Listen up everyone," Mr. Park called out from the front of the dining hall. "We'll be wrapping up supper in five minutes. Lights out is at 11:00pm. The teachers will go around to check after that. Understood?"

As Mingyu stood up from his seat, he turned to Minghao. "I just realised... We shouldn't have brushed our teeth so soon. Now, we gotta brush again."

Minghao stood still in realisation as well. 

Soonyoung walked by groggily, eyes already half-closed. "I'll just brush tomorrow morning..." He slurred sleepily. 

"Come on, buddy, let's get you to bed," Seokmin spoke, slinging his arm around his sleepy friend.

Mingyu and Minghao shared a look before laughing to themselves. 

The group then started their walk back to their cabins in pairs, with Hansol becoming more comfortable walking with Seungkwan. Once they were in their cabins, it took them relatively five minutes to get settled into bed. They were determined to rest properly to prepare for the next day's activities. 

Mingyu laid on the bed with a tired sigh. He stared at the ceiling while relishing in the comfiness of the bunk bed. Compared to his mattress back home, this was definitely much better. He felt as though he could sleep in just a few seconds. Instead of that, however, he closed his eyes and focused on the sounds around him. The crickets chirping outside his window, and the various snores from the cabin. 

I'm not alone tonight. With that, a smile formed on his face. 

Just as he was about to fall into a slumber, he heard the sound of footsteps, which was most probably the teachers checking in. The sound of the cabin door creaked open quietly, before it closed again. Knowing that it was most probably Wonwoo, Mingyu sat up slightly and peeked out the small window. 

True enough, Wonwoo walked by, and the younger couldn't help himself as he whispered, "Wonwoo!". The man stopped walking, looking around curiously. "Wonwoo!"

Wonwoo finally followed the sound towards Mingyu, and he startled, seeing the student's pair of eyes through the window in the dark. Mingyu laughed to himself, and waved. 

"Go to sleep, Mingyu!" Wonwoo chided, though a smile played on his lips. 

"Goodnight," Mingyu greeted, before finally laying back down. He listened as Wonwoo's calming footsteps faded away.

*

Morning greeted them with the sounds of the birds chirping and the teachers waking everyone up. Their reporting time for the day was at 7am, so everyone was encouraged to wake up at least an hour before to get ready. 

Mingyu got up, rubbing his still tired eyes. Upon hearing a chuckle, he looked down to see Minghao already looking fresh. 

"Your bed hair looks good on you," Minghao joked as he laughed. 

The other snorted, not bothering to smoothen his hair down. "Rather than that, have you already gotten ready?"

Minghao nodded. "I woke up way earlier so that I could use the shower first. Worth it, though. I heard that there's quite a number of people already heading there, so you'd better hurry up."

Soonyoung's voice suddenly cut through the room. "Why shower when you're gonna get dirty again later?" He whined, struggling amidst Seokmin trying to pull him out of be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter