Chapter 8

Teach Me How to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Please read the A/N at the end, cuz I need your help regarding this fic~)

As Wonwoo started the engine, he spoke, "I don't know about you, but I'm actually really hungry. You must be hungry too after the fight." He glanced towards Mingyu.

The younger shrugged. "I kinda want to just go home and sleep."

"With an empty stomach? Uh, no. We're getting food. What do you want? Fried chicken? KFC it is, then." Without waiting for Mingyu to respond, Wonwoo was already headed in the opposite direction of Mingyu's house. 

They ended up in drive-through, because according to Wonwoo, the almost-deserted restaurant looked a little too creepy. Wonwoo ordered a bucket of fried chicken with some sides. Looking at Mingyu, Wonwoo mentioned that he'd pay.

"I'm really sorry for troubling you. I'll pay for my own food next time."

The older waved it off. "It's okay. Think about it as a senior doing something good for their junior, okay?"

Once they received their food, Wonwoo parked the car in the parking lot, contemplating where to eat. He dismissed Mingyu's remark about simple eating in the restaurant. 

"Should we just eat here?" Wonwoo asked, already attempting to remove the food from the bag. Mingyu stopped him.

"We can... We can just eat at my place, if you don't mind."

Wonwoo smiled. "Sure, your place it is, then. Tell me your address."

Mingyu appreciated Wonwoo buying him food, sending him home, and not saying anything when they walked up the stairs to his small rooftop house. The man was quiet as he gripped the KFC plastic in his hand, humming a tune in his deep voice. He didn't say anything even as Mingyu invited him in and made himself comfortable. 

Placing the plastic on the small coffee table, Wonwoo sat down on the cold ground. "Let's eat before it gets cold, yeah?" 

Mingyu nodded, sitting opposite him on the ground. He grabbed a fried chicken from the bucket, letting the savoury taste fill his mouth. The both ate in silence, their loud chewing filling in instead. 

"So, when do you want to finish that last part we ended at today?" Wonwoo asked after eating. "Tomorrow would be ideal, actually. We really need you to catch up quick."

"I don't mind doing it tomorrow after school," Mingyu replied. "Only that I wouldn't want it to be in school, though..."

"Sure, just meet me at that cafe we were at today. I'll be there with my friend."

"Ah, right. Jeonghan, is it?"

Wonwoo nodded. "Yup, that's him. He's really nice, so I'm sure you'll warm up to him." He stopped chewing for a few seconds, seemingly deep in thought, before finishing up the rest of his food.

When the both were done eating, Mingyu leaned back, his arms stretched behind him to support his back. "That was a filling dinner. Thanks, Wonwoo... hyung?" He realised that that was the first time he'd ever addressed Wonwoo that way.

The older grinned, leaning over to pat him on the cheek with a greasy hand. "No problem, Mingyu." He laughed as the younger swatted his hand away and wiped his cheek with the sleeve of his shirt, before realising it was his uniform.

"Ah, . Now it won't be as easy to clean this," Mingyu whined. "Hold on, let me go change and put this in the washer real quick." He stood up and disappeared into the bathroom after grabbing a clean shirt and sweatpants. 

As he waited for Mingyu to come back out, Wonwoo wiped his hands with the tissue provided and glanced around the room. 

It was fairly small, but enough for one person to live in. The mini kitchen, living room and bed were all squeezed into a small space. Wonwoo noticed how neat the younger was. Not only was the bed made, the desk that sat in front of the window was organised with books and papers. Deciding it'd be fine to just look around, Wonwoo stood up to inspect the desk. 

There were just textbooks that seemed used, as well as worksheets and notes that Wonwoo recognised were from his class. He smiled upon seeing the scribbles on the papers, along with many question marks that seemed to be done out of frustration. His eyes then landed on a newspaper cut-out that was on the job section. He remembered how Mingyu was still trying to find a part-time job. 

Just as he was about to turn back around, a picture at the corner of the desk caught his attention. With a huge grin, Wonwoo picked it up, staring at a younger, and cuter version of Mingyu. He was probably not more than three-years-old in the picture, and was wearing a small grey hoodie, with the hood draped over his head. His eyes were the same doe-like ones. 

Right then, Mingyu walked out of the bathroom in his other outfit, catching Wonwoo with his picture. Red-faced, he scrambled to grab the photo, only to trip on the coffee table. He fell down pathetically. 

"Are you okay?" He heard Wonwoo asked, but refused to look up from where his face was pressed against the floor. He could hear the amusement in the older's voice.

"Mmhm, I'm fine, thanks," Mingyu responded, although it sounded distorted and muffled. 

"Are you going to keep kissing the floor?" Wonwoo asked this time, gently nudging him on the shoulder. "I'm not going to laugh at your baby picture, you know. I just thought how cute you were back then."

Finally, Mingyu got up into a sitting position with Wonwoo directly in front of him. "Were? Am I not cute now then?" He asked, widening his eyes.

"Now, you're just a different type of cute," the older answered smoothly.

Covering his face, Mingyu shook his head. "This is weird, let's stop." 

Wonwoo laughed. "Well, you asked." He shrugged. 

Mingyu took the photograph back, silently looking at it for a while. "You know, this is the only picture I have of myself. All those school photos don't really matter." 

Sensing the dampen in Mingyu's mood, Wonwoo felt the need to cheer him up. "At least you looked cute in it. That hoodie? Stylish."

Mingyu looked up at him, before bursting out laughing. "Stop flattering me." He looked towards the clock. "It's getting late, shouldn't you go back now?"

It was then Wonwoo realised the time. Right. There's still school tomorrow. "I should actually. And you need enough rest for school tomorrow." He grabbed his items, together with the residues of the chicken that were tied up in the plastic. "I'll throw this on the way back."

Mingyu walked the other to the door, slightly sad to see his company going off already. He'd still see him tomorrow, but the nights had always been lonely for him, and having Wonwoo with him was actually re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter