Chapter 15

Teach Me How to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Mingyu got back to the cabin, his friends bombarded him with questions. 

"Where have you been, Mingyu? We had to ask the camp instructor to unlock the door for us, because the key's with you!" 

"We've all showered and wanted to walk around the campsite before lunch, but we feel bad without going with you."

Mingyu smiled sheepishly. "Really sorry, guys. I got distracted and went to roam around myself. You can go ahead without me. I'll take my time getting freshened up."

Although they were hesitant, they left one by one. Minghao was the last to leave. 

"For the record, we couldn't find Mr. Jeon too. Just putting this out there," he spoke.

Mingyu cleared his throat. "I saw him roaming around as well, if that's what you're saying." He knows something is going on between Wonwoo and I.

"Are you... his secret love child or something?" Mingyu choked on air.

Soonyoung, who was walking past after taking his valuables, suddenly burst out laughing. "Are we talking about anime references now?"

Minghao turned and laughed. "I was just gonna see if Mingyu understood that reference, but I don't think he did." 

Of course, he wasn't serious about that. Mingyu mentally facepalmed himself. But he's definitely implying that he knows something's up.

Soon, Mingyu was left alone in the cabin. He gathered his shower necessities and a new set of clothes before heading to the shower room. After making sure there wasn't anyone who was not from his school, he finally got to cleaning himself up.

 

Up till lunch time, Mingyu stayed in the cabin, choosing not to risk going outside. When lunch time rolled around, he put the book he was reading and stepped out alone, locking the door behind him. 

All of a sudden, a hand landed on his shoulder. On instinct, he grabbed the hand and turned around, twisting it behind the person's back.

"! What the hell, Mingyu?" 

At the familiar voice and mop of black hair, the student let go in shock. "Oh crap, I'm so sorry!"

Wonwoo stood in front of him, rubbing his arm. "For a moment there my mind flashed back to when we would fight," he joked.

Mingyu chuckled, scratching the back of his head as he faced down in embarrassment. "Sorry about that... I've been on edge ever since..." He looked up. "What are you doing here anyway?" 

The other straightened up. "Oh yeah. I saw your friends without you earlier and thought that you'd most probably be alone in the cabin. I thought you might want some company going to the canteen."

A smile appeared on Mingyu's face. "Thanks... I'd appreciate that, actually."

As they walked towards the direction of the canteen, silence fell upon them. Earlier that day after what had transpired, Mingyu didn't explain any further behind his terrified reaction towards his brother. However, Wonwoo knew it had something to do with the bad childhood he had that Seungcheol mentioned before. He wasn't going to lie and say that he didn't want to know more about Mingyu's childhood.

When the canteen came into view, Wonwoo spoke up, "Just so you know, the canteen at this time is for our school's use. If I'm not mistaken, the other school are having their lunch outside."

Mingyu nodded slowly, knowing it meant that he wasn't going to bump into him anytime soon. "That's a relief... Seriously, Wonwoo, thank you so much." He glanced towards the older, hoping his words carried the weight of how grateful he was.

Wonwoo looked flustered for a second, before gesturing towards the entrance of the canteen. "You should go to your friends first. I'm going to stay outside here to usher the other students in."

"Oh, sure. See you, then," the student opened the glass door to the canteen and entered. As he turned around once to take a quick glance, he noticed Wonwoo fanning his face with a hand. His heart skipped a beat. 

Turning back around, he walked to where his friends were seated, and their lunch began. 

*

For the rest of that day, the activities planned for the students included station and mass games. Mingyu had so much fun with his friends and was so immersed in each game that the thought of his brother being in the same vicinity as him remained the least of his priorities. Furthermore, as Wonwoo was their chaperone, he was with them throughout the day. Mingyu would mindlessly highfive the teacher happily whenever the games they played turned out for the better.

That evening, the boys barged into their cabin, all covered in sweat and dirt from the games. They chattered happily about how their group had won second for the mass games and won a hamper of snacks they had already planned to share later at night. 

"Okay, snacks are for later. Right now we gotta go shower or the room's gonna stink," Mingyu said, laughing. 

Everyone went to shower and dinner in high spirits, before finally retiring back in their cabins.

Since it would be their last night here, the camp instructor and teacher-in-charge had allowed the students to stay up slightly later than their usual lights out time. The boys sat in a circle on the floor, with the pile of snacks in the middle. 

While they were chatting, the door to their cabin opened, revealing Wonwoo. 

"Oh, just checking to see if everything's fine. I wanted to remind you all to pack your things by tonight so you won't be in a rush tomorrow. We'll be leaving after breakfast," the teacher spoke. 

"Okay, Mr. Jeon!" Everyone replied. 

Just as Wonwoo was about to close t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter