Chapter 4

Teach Me How to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, Hyung," Mingyu greeted his friend as he entered the warehouse. 

Seungcheol, who was nearby, responded with a smile. "Hey! How was first day? Looking good in that uniform."

Mingyu laughed, feeling abashed. He scratched the back of his head. "I feel kinda weird wearing a school uniform again. As for my first day, it went better than expected. Although I had a surprise at the start..." He trailed off, then shook his head. "Anyway, there were these guys who basically added me to their group of friends, so I was really grateful."

His friend nodded thoughtfully, as the both walked towards a bench. "How about your studies? Do you think you could manage?"

"I'll go through some of the topics tonight and try my best to understand them," Mingyu replied, sitting down. "If anything, I can just ask my new friends, I guess."

Seungcheol patted Mingyu's lap fondly. "You'll do great, Mingyu. I'm sure of it."

"Thanks, Hyung." He then looked around. "Anyways, who will I be fighting today?" 

"About that, as you know we had some... unforeseeable complications, we'll restart the round for last week. So you'll be fighting the person whom you last fought, if you remember, that is."

As if I'll ever forget.

Mingyu cleared his throat and looked around the place. He contemplated if it was a good idea to tell Seungcheol how that person turned out to be his teacher. 

From across the room, he suddenly spotted the familiar mop of black hair and sharp eyes. He noted how Wonwoo had changed from his formal outfit into a simple t-shirt and jeans. 

Mingyu gestured towards the man. "That's him. Jeon Wonwoo."

Seungcheol followed the direction the other was pointing. "Ah, right. That's him." Before he could walk towards the man, Mingyu grabbed his arm.

"There's this thing you should know about him..." Mingyu started. "He's kinda my... um... my homeroom and Maths teacher in school..." 

The older's eyes widened, glancing at Wonwoo, then at Mingyu. "He's a teacher? Your teacher at that?"

Mingyu nodded slowly. "We talked for a while before, though. We promised each other not to tell on each other. He'd get fired for sure if the school board knows what he does afterhours."

"Then... Would it be a problem for you if you had to fight him again?" Seungcheol asked worriedly. "I really hope this won't affect how he treats you in school."

The younger thought about it. "I don't think he's that petty, but I'll talk to him. Thanks for worrying, Hyung." He smiled.

Seungcheol ruffled his hair. "You're like the younger brother I never had, you know?" 

"Sure," Mingyu chuckled. "I'll go talk to Wonwoo then. See you."

He then walked over towards Wonwoo, who was currently sitting on the bench and scrolling through his phone. Quietly, he sat next to him, trying to peek at what the other was doing. When Wonwoo turned towards him, he looked away, feigning ignorance.

The older kept silent, turning back to his phone and typing something. 

"Busy with school matters?" Mingyu tried conversing.

Wonwoo simply grunted in reply.

"I hope you understand that when we're both here, our statuses as student and teacher don't apply and won't affect our lives in school," Mingyu spoke. 

This caught the other's attention. "Of course, I know that. We both agreed earlier not to out each other."

Mingyu shrugged. "Just making sure, because I'm going to have to fight you again today."

"How did you know?"

"According to Seungcheol there. He said it was because of what happened last time and we weren't able to have the finals."

Wonwoo nodded, before looking at Mingyu. "What made you come here?" He suddenly asked, curiously.

Mingyu raised an eyebrow. "What made you come here?" The younger asked instead.

Wonwoo scoffed, a hint of smile on his lips. "Sure, whatever." The question was dropped.

"Mingyu, Wonwoo!" Seungcheol called out. "You're up?" It sounded more like a question. 

Mingyu nodded, indicating that it was okay for the two to fight.

The pair walked towards the makeshift fighting ring while people flocked towards it for a good view. 

(*I'm gonna use the currency as dollars instead of won, cuz it's gonna be confusing) 

"$10 on Mingyu!" Someone shouted.

"I'm betting $50! Mingyu never disappoints," someone else spoke. 

Wonwoo hummed from next to Mingyu. "What, no one's going to bet on me?" He asked softly, making Mingyu laugh.

"It's because you're still quite new, and I did beat your once," Mingyu explained amusedly. "You just gotta show them that you're actually good, you know?

Wonwoo raised an eyebrow. "And the reason why people are betting for you to win is because you're good?" 

Shrugging, Mingyu responded, "For the most part, I guess."

"You're being way too humble, Mingyu," Seungcheol suddenly interrupts, patting Mingyu on the shoulder before turning to Wonwoo. "He's won majority of the fights around here ever since he came. So you might want to keep your guard up once the fight starts."

Wonwoo understood what th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter