Chapter 7

Love Can Have Different Meanings

 

Saturday Rivalry

I really didnt want to go, but i had promised GuiGui that i would support her through this, so we drove to the cafe to meet WangZi.
"I really appreciate you coming with me. I probably tire you out with all these favors and what not that I am forcing you to do. but i feel stronger when youre there."
"no problem Gui," i said. We pulled into the cafe and saw WangZi sitting in the corner. He turned his head towards us and when he saw GuiGui he smiled widely. But when he saw me next to her, his jaw dropped. We headed over to the table and WangZi cleared his throat and stood up.
"GuiGui! so nice to see you again!" he said as he leaned in to hug her. My hand balled into fist,ready to punch him but i exhaled and calmed down.
"Aaron! I didnt know that you were coming... Pull up a chair..." WangZi said while he faked a smile.
"Yeah, well GuiGui asked me to come along, and i just couldnt say no." I pulled uo a chair to the table and underneath the table i grabbed GuiGui's hand and squeezed it. She looked at me ans smiled.
"Well, you guys seem so close..." WangZi interupted.
GuiGui smiled at him and said, "Yeah, well... hes my knight and shining armor...!"
"Ah, i see. so GuiGui how have you been? What's been going on in your life lately?" he asked.
"Well, of course we're filming Pi Li MIT which is going just great, it'll be a very good show. and well everything, has been... good. how have you been?" GuiGui answered.
"Well everythings been great for me also" he answered.
I couldnt help but ask, "Hows Mei-Hua?"
he glared at me for a moment then blinked and answered, "Well, I havent seen her since that day we ran into each other at the restaruant, so im not so sure. but im pretty sure shes doing good."
"is she like your girlfriend?" GuiGui asked quietly.
"Oh no no no... Because you have a date doesnt mean youre dating yet..." he smiled.
"Oh. i see" GuiGui said.
We drank our coffees quietly, and left the cafe.
When we were outside GuiGui grabbed my hand and said, "Wait for me! I have to use the restroom! be right back!"
GuiGui left and WangZi stared at me.
"Look, back off alright Aaron? I dont wanna be a jerk but she's mine." he threatened.
"Wow, what? You were the one who left HER. After all those promises of you guys being together forever, you suddenly CALL her and tell her that you think that you guys arent meant to be anymore? and that you hope she's happy."
"Well i was stupid, and messed up. Now when i see her with you, i realized that she IS right for me. So please Aaron, just back off, okay? I'm gonna win her back."
"Sorry, i cant do that. You broke her heart once, who know! you could do it again... I am the one that is slowly patching it back up. Me. Piece by piece. Im not just gonna leave."
"Do you like her more than just a friend?"
"I dont have to tell you..."
"Aaron... you like her dont you? Well, just know... I will win."
"I highly doubt that WangZi."
"May the best man win then, Aaron."
"I plan too, thank you."
And at that moment, I knew I had to keep my word.