Chapter 4

Love Can Have Different Meanings

 

Dinner

Even though It was only 6 when we finished filming, the sky was dark. I waited for her while she finished her last scene.
"Okay good job today everyone. Tomorrow we're not filming due to lack of crew. Some of the crew is going over to China for a funeral or something... so, I hope everyone enjoys their day off." the director informed us.
"You did a really good job today Aaron," GuiGui complimented me. "Thanks. You did too, as always." I said.
I was still heartbroken from realizing that she would never love me the way that I loved her. That we wouldnt ever be called GuiLun the way people meant GuiWang or GuiZi(^^ pshhh yeah right. ^^)
We walked in silence to the dressing rooms.
"Meet me by the car okay?" I told her. "where else would i go?" she laughed and walked into her dressing room.
I got in and my phone rang. Jiro was calling me.
"Wei?" I answered.
"Hey! So how was filming. Wait hold up. All the other guys wanna hear... Imma put you on speaker. Okay, so how was filming today?"
"It was okay."
"You okay aaron?" Wu Chun asked.
"We filmed the kissing scene today." I said.
"and You're MAD?" Calvin asked puzzled.
"NO! Guys... I just... ugh. like. oh my god." I half yelled, frustrated.
"Whats wrong, aaron?" Jiro asked ," remember we're brothers. you have to tell us."
"okay. fine. I like her." i whispered.
"Like who...? Rainie?" Calvin asked.
"No. GuiGui." i replied.
It was silent on the other line... "Hello??? Guys???" I asked.
Suddenly they burst out laughing, "HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!! Oh my gosh no way!!!"
"Oh come on guys, be serious. because I am serious... I've never felt this way about a girl. I thought that how i felt for Rainie or Hebe was real different but the way i feel about GuiGui is totally different. I... dont.. even know i how to explain it... but i think i am in love with her."
"Wow." was all the 3 of them could say.
"call you guys later. I gotta go. Bye" i said and hung up.
I got dressed and walked to the car.
"what took you so long?" GuiGui asked as i came up to the door.
"The kids called," I laughed. "Oh haha, tell them i said hi next time." she said. "Okay, anyways, its still early. Do wanna go back to the hotel or go somewhere?" i asked. "Actually... I'm kinda hungry wanna go out to eat?" she admitted.
"what do you feel like?" I asked. "well... how bout Italian? Pasta sounds good. We eat a lot of like chinese noodles on set and i kinda want something different." she laughed. "True true.. Should we go for something fast? or should we treat ourselves?" I questioned. She started to laugh. "Somewhere nice. Got it!" I said as i Pulled out.

We got to the restraunt and the hostess looked at us in shock... "Oh my gosh... It's them..." she whispered to herself to loudly. She cleared and asked,"Table for two?" "Yes, thank you!" GuiGui said.
We were seated and given our menu's. "No need," I said to the hostess, "We'll have 2 alfredo and chicken dishes and 2 cokes. Thanks!"
GuiGui laughed, "We must really know each other!" "Hey, its been me thats been ordering for you and all that. How much do you know me?" I asked, "one day it'll be your day to prove you know ME!!" "BRING IT." she laughed.
We talked a little about this and that then she turned her head towards the door and i saw her face turn white and her hands gripped the table. I turned my head towards the door and saw WangZi walk in the door holding a girls hand. He saw us and smiled.
GuiGui turned towards me, "What do I do? Oh crap... Oh crap... Oh crap...." "Gui, Breath... just breath. Juat act normal. Look he's coming just act normal. Like yourself. So what should we do tomorrow? Since we have a day off, whatta we gonna do?" I said. "Hmmmm I was thinking... we could sleep in, and then what would be real fun is to call 'the kids' (reffering to Fahrenheit) and hang out. Its funny that you're the youngest but you refer to them as kids!" she laughed.
"GuiGui! What are you doing here?" WangZi said as he approached our table, "Aaron." His tone when he said my name wasnt so nice..
"Um lets see... I'm at a restraunt... so i think... i'm here... eating." she replied fiestly. "Oh. Silly me. Anyways, this is Mei-Hua. Mei-Hua, well of course this is GuiGui and Aaron Yan." WangZi replied. "Hi, nice to meet you guys, I'm such a fan of your guys' work!" Mei Hua said. "Thank you,' we both said at the same time. "We should join tables for tonight!" WangZi said. I looked at GuiGui and she smiled at me. "Um that sounds great! But... We're having a private conversation so maybe some other time! Sorry." she answered. "Oh I see, next time then." WangZi replied. "It was really nice meeting you guys!" Mei Hua said. "Yeah It was great meetin you too!" we said.
After they went to sit down GuiGui stared at me. "I can't believe i did that. It hurt to do it, but i did it! wow... maybe that kiss really did help...!" she joked but i could tell the seriousness to her tone. But after she said that, i realized without permission I had become hopeful... hopeful in something that seemed impossible.. "Our food's here." I said. We ate and planned about what we would do tomorrow. We got up to leave and GuiGui looked at me and whispered, "He's staring at me. Hold my hand. Make me feel stronger okay?" I smiled and held my hand out to hers... She took it and we walked out the door. From the corner of my eye i could see WangZi glaring towards us...