Chapter 10

Love Can Have Different Meanings

 

I Want You Back

~GuiGui!
My phone rang and startled me. WangZi was calling... i debated on whether to pick up, and my less noble side won.
"Hello?" i answered.
"GuiGui! Merry Christmas! I was wondering.. do you have any plans for tonight?"
"Yeah actually, im going to a party."
"oh... really. I was hoping you wouldnt and so you could accompany me to my party."
"yeah... sorry. i have plans."
"well arent you busy these past few days. Well since you cant come to my party, can we meet up for just a little while?"
I thought about it for a moment and stupidly said yes.
"where at?" i asked.
"You know where they set up that huge christmas tree every year? Infront of the WB plaza."
"Kay i'll see you there..." i said and hung up.
"so my necklaces will be done in an hour, and i can come back and pick them up right?"
"certainly!" the clerk replied.
I left the jewelers and was suddenly afriad... Ah Bu wasnt with me. could i handle it? I was going to call him but decided not too, because i didnt want to be/seem too helpless.
I pulled up and got out of the car to see him standing there.
"GuiGui!" he shouted as he ran up to hug me. I was motionless, scared to move. He pulled back and cleared his throat.
"You look really pretty today. Not that you dont EVERYDAY, but something about you today, just makes you... glow."
"Thanks.." i whispered. and then suddenly, a million flashbacks came rushing into my head. flashbacks of when he would hold my face in his hands and my face, telling me i was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen. My eyes started to moisten and i dried them with my hand. He could see me cry...
Suddenly he started to laugh. Startled, i stared at him. "What??" I asked.
"Remember last year? for christmas... I tried to cook you dinner, and then burnt everything so badly that you couldnt even fix it..."
"And so we ordered pizza!" i finished, laughing. We stood there for a moment laughing then suddenly he was serious.
"GuiGui, i was stupid. I was just so stupid, for letting you go, for letting you walk out of my life..." he whispered.
"Wh-wh-what do you mean?" i asked, unbelieving.
"Im sorry! Im soo soo sorry! Im sorry that i hurt you, im sorry that i left you... im sorry that i doubted that you werent the right girl for me... ...and i want you back."
I stopped breathing and my heart pounded. Suddenly a picture of Aaron appeared in my mind and i clutched the locket.
why was this happening? At this moment, my past... and my future... were playing tug-o-war with me.
I took a deep breath and let go of the locket. I turned to face WangZi when suddenly his eyes were staring at my locket.
"was that the one i gave to you last year?"
I hadnt even remembered that he gave me one... "No." i whispered.
"Who gave it to you?" he demanded.
"No one." i answered quickly.
He suddenly grabbed the locket and opened it. His eyes bulged when he saw the picture inside.
"So he gave it to you...?"
"Maybe.... ...yes..." i whispered.
"So, are you two like... a couple?"
"No..." i whispered. Again the 'not yet' echoed in my mind.
"Well, even if you arent now. If you dont take me back, which would be the best choice... dont fall for a guy like him. dont trust him. He'll leave you in the end."
The words hit me in the face and suddenly the tears streamed down my face uncontrolably.
I looked up at the boy I once, and might still love and whispered, "Like you did...? Like the way you left me...?"