Chapter 11

Love Can Have Different Meanings

 

Christmas Party

~GuiGui!
WangZi stared at me his eyes wide in shock. He probably thought i wouldnt be capable of saying something like that to him.
I turned away and headed toward the car. He ran after me and grabbed me. "I'm Sorry..." he said once again. and then... he grabbed my face and kissed me.
My body went into lockdown, and i closed my eyes. Again all the flashbacks of what we used to be came flashing back into my mind. I gasped at the hurt it brought and pulled away...
He looked at me confused.
"It was you who left me... it was you who told me we werent meant to be wasnt it?" i whispered.
"Yeah... it was and im sorry..." he whispered back.
"How come, when i finally started to be happy... why do you rush back into my life? why?" i asked
"I thought... i thought we werent meant to be... but when i saw you with Aaron... my heart throbbed in pain and i knew i made a mistake.. and now i want to prove to you that im the only one who can truly make you... happy."
I looked at him and again, for some reason Aarons face flashed inside my mind. I closed my eyes and whispered, "Well right now, youre not proving to me that you can make me happy."
"What do you want me to do then?"
"Continue proving to me... that you are... and right now ASKING me HOW isnt the best way... anyways i have to go now."
"I will prove to you, i swear..."
"Yeah... whatever..." i said and turned around, continueing to walk towards the car.
Once inside i breathed deeply and then the tears finally came full throttle.
I bent my head down on the steering wheel and cried until my pants had my tears soaked all over.
"Be STRONG!!! BE STRONG DANGIT!!!" I screamed.
I just sat there for 5 minutes until i finally drove off back to the jewelers.

~Aaron!
I still had the other gift i wanted to give GuiGui in the back of my car, but the only thing i hadnt done is buy her a card. I usually didnt give cards for Christmas, but for her, it felt needed. I drove to the card shop and bought a card. I sat in my car and poured as much as i was able to of my heart onto the card. Right when i finished signing my name Jiro called, "You for sure coming tonight?"
"Of course..."
"are you bring GuiGui?"
"Yeah."
"Well imma give you a head notice about something..."
"That would be?"
"Well Im hanging mistletoe all over the house."
"What???"
"This is your chance!!!! Your chance to kiss her!"
my heart started to pound in my chest.. was i brave enough? Did she want me too? Then i remembered that i had to wangzi i would win her. So it really didnt matter if she did or not. I would have to do it, because if she didnt want me to, i would do it so that one day she WOULD want me to.
"CRAP!!!!! i gotta go..." jiro suddenly shouted, startling me. "Uh... somethings burning. see you tonight!" he said and then hung up.
SO i made up my mind. I would kiss her tonight.

~GuiGui!
I picked up the dogtags and went to buy 2 cards. I chose the card that i would use for tonight to give to Aaron, and wrote my thanks to him. When i was finished I wrapped the 'knight and shining armor' tag, and tucked it into the giftbag along with the card.
I then stared at the 'my prince charming and his white horse' tag laying on the passenger seat and sighed.
Why did i even make one? What was the point..? There was no one out there that was my prince.
again Aarons face flashed in my head. What was the meaning of these constant pictures of Aaron floating in my head...? I sighed and was so confused.
WangZi wanted me back. Hadnt i told aaron that if WangZi wanted me back, i would automatically agree? But just now, why did i walk away?
I put the other dogtag and the other card safely away in the glove box and headed back to the hotel to get ready. Once inside, i called aaron to see where he was at.
"Hey... where are you?"
"At the market."
"Buying champaign?" I asked.
"Yeah... and breathmints. I mean... uh.. nevermind."
Breathmints? For what?
"Okay...? Well im at the hotel and gonna get ready. sooo.."
"Yeah okay, well I'll be there in like 15 minutes and then i'll get dressed and we can leave."
"Kay. Bye." i said and hung up.

~.*.~ At the party!
~Aaron!
We pulled up to Jiro's house and got out. GuiGui walked to my side and smiled at me. With the lighting that hit her, she looke amazing.
"You look so beautiful..." i said and blushed.
She slightly blushed and whispered, "You dont look to bad yourself..."
She took a hold of my arm and we walked inside.
"HEY GUYS!!!!" Wu Chun screamed, already drunk. "Wow... You guys are just too cute... GuiGui you look so gorgeous. HAHAHAHA!!!" he suddenly bursted out laughing. "I need another drink!!! HAHAHAHA!!! Well catch ya later alligator." And he took off. Suddenly Calvin was running after him screaming, "No! Wu Chun! not another drink! STOP!!!"
Me and GuiGui laughed. "Hey, its christmas... Give em a break right?" she laughed.
We made our way to the kitchen and dropped off the bottles of champaign.
We made our way back out to the main part of the house and converesed with others for a little bit, exchanging gifts, numbers and what not.
Jiro came up to me and whispered in my ear, "The family room is empty... and there's mistletoe all over in there!"
I looked at him and nodded.
"GuiGui you look really pretty today. I hope youre having a really good time!!! Well i have to go check on some other people so catch you guys later!" he said and walked away.
"Hey... I wanna give you you're gift now..." she said quietly. "Can we go somewhere less... loud?" she asked.
My heart hammered. "Yeah. Um lets go to the family room."
I took her over to the family room and we sat on the couch.
"Here. Merry Christmas..." she said and handed me a bag. I took the gift out and opened it. Inside was a dogtag saying 'my knight and shinging armor.'
"Thanks a million. i'll always wear this too." i said to her.
"Theres a card inside... but wait til we get back to read it?"
"Okay... oh heres your other gift.
"Another piece of jewelery?" she laughed.
"Im not so sure about what to buy girls sooo this is what i buy! Jewelery!" I admitted to her, "oh and heres a card. Like me... can you wait to read it?"
"Of course!" she said while unwrapping the box. Inside was a diomand studded bracelet.
"Its beautiful... thank you," she said.
I turned around and popped some breath mints into my mouth in preparation, and turned back to her.
"hey. I wanna tell you something..." she whispered quietly.
"What?"
"WangZi called me today.. and we met up for a little bit."
"Oh?"
"Yeah... and he wants me back.."
"Oh." I said crushed. "What did you tell him...?"
"I told him a lot of stuff."
"Did you tell him you'll take him back though?"
"No. I didnt. I kinda.. left. He told me he would prove to me he was the only one that could make me happy. So i told him prove it. and then i left."
"Really??" i said, happier, "good job Gui!"
I stood up, ready to walk over to the one place that i thought was perfect to kiss her. She stood up and followed me. We walked slowly and suddenly she stopped. "Look... Mistletoe..." she said quietly. I turned to look at her.
She stared at me for a while and then i slowly started to lean in.. She did not move, and so i thought it would be okay to just kiss her.
So when our lips finally met, I wrapped my arms around her waist... This was our first kiss, it wasnt our characters kiss, it was Aaron's and GuiGui's first kiss.
There was no movement from her, so i was about to slowly pull away... when suddenly, her arms slowly wrapped around my neck, and she stood on her tippy-toes... to deepen our kiss...