Chapter 5

Love Can Have Different Meanings

 

Midnight Swim

“I'm really proud of you GuiGui. You stood up to him really well… No offense but I didn’t think that you could do that!” I told her. “Thanks, Aaron.” She said, “I didn’t think that I could do that either... but when you’re around it gets a little easier. I guess you're my support system and when you're around I feel like almost anything is possible…”
“Is moving on possible..?” I accidentally asked; it just came out of my mouth before I could stop it from coming. “Maybe… If the right REAL right guy comes along for me and you're here supporting me through everything, I can move on… Remember, you promised that you wouldn’t leave me. Ever.” She said. “Yeah. Sure.” I whispered. We got into the car and drove off.
“Hey, wanna go swimming? Pool doesn’t close ‘til 1AM.” She asked. “Sure, why not.” I replied.
“Okay. I’ll meet you at the pool in 5 minutes okay?” she demanded. “Kay. See you in 5.” I said as I unlocked the door.
I went to change into my swimsuit. Then, I texted the boys: GuiGui wants to hang out tomorrow, we have the day off. Call you tomorrow.
I took the towel and walked down to the pool. She walked in at the same time that I did and we went to put our towels and shoes on the bench. “Hahaha, like I said nice muscles Ah Bu…” she laughed. I blushed and pushed her into the pool. “HEY!” she screamed, “that wasn’t nice! I’ll get you for that.” I laughed and jumped into the pool. She swam over to me and splashed my face. “Told you that I’d get you!” she laughed.
I rolled my eyes at her, “such a child…” I swam away to the deeper side of the pool. She followed me.
“Ah Bu, I can't reach the bottom! And I can't swim well! Help me…!” she smiled. “Psh. Too bad.” I teased. “Ha, I know!” she said as she swam behind me and wrapped her arms around my neck, and her legs around my waist. “Swim around.” She commanded and laughed.
The feeling of us being this close, of us touching this way had my heart race. But, I tried to push those thoughts out of my head because they would just hurt me more. I swam around the pool with GuiGui on my back laughing her head off. When I got tired I brought her over to the steps and sat her down and sat next to her. She looked at me and smiled. “What?” I asked. “Nothing…” she grabbed my hand pulled me over to the hot tub. “Sorry, it was kinda cold…”she laughed.
I rested my head back on the wall and smiled. “You know what…?” she asked. “Hmm..?” I mumbled. “You’re like my knight and shining armor. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart. You’ve always been there for me and everything; I don’t think I can live without you…”
My heart pounded in my chest, did she really mean it? Was I really her knight and shining armor…? Did she really feel the same way that I did? When I looked into her eyes they seemed sincere, and that she was really serious. I wanted at that moment to kiss her… so I leaned my face in centimeter by centimeter. She smiled, she really wanted me too! “Ha, now I only have to find my prince charming and his white horse…! I have a best friend who’s my knight and shining armor, now I just need the perfect guy.” she laughed.
My heart was crushed… and I felt like I was about to cry and rip my heart out of my chest. “Yeah Gui... Good luck with that.” I forced out of my mouth… The pain crushed me and I felt like just slipping underwater and not resurfacing…