Chapter 1

Love Can Have Different Meanings

 

Long Night

I was about to jump into bed, when she texted me. I looked at the message, it read: Can't sleep. Are you still up? Love, Gui
"Yeah, I'm up. What's wrong?" i texted back.
"I dont know... I just keep thinking of him...' she replied.
"Oh. Come over. We'll talk :)" i texted.
Within 2 minutes she was knocking on my room door. I opened the door and she walked in. "Thanks so much. You know I'm so lucky that you're in my life." She said. I smiled, "What are friends for?" But I wanted to much more than friends with her. She didn't know how much i wanted her, she didnt know how my love towards her was different than the love she had for me.
She went and sat down on the sofa. "Do you want anything to drink or eat? I'll order room service." I asked. She just smiled at me, I knew what that meant. I picked up the phone and dialed room service,"Hi can I have 2 Green teas, and a strawberry shortcake and a original cheesecake? room 201. Thanks" I ordered.
"We know each other too well don't we?" She smiled. "Yeah. Real well." I whispered.
I went and sat next to her. She laid her head on my shoulder. "So what's bothering you?" I asked.
"I dont really know. I just keep thinking of him! I know that i should get over him. I want to get over... WangZi." she replied. 'Yeah, i want you to get over him too.." I whispered. "What?" She asked. "Uhhh well... um. it just hurts me too when you're hurt." I said looking for an excuse.
Someone knocked on the door. "Hold on," I said to her, "I'll be right back." I got up and got our food. I handed her the shortcake and one green tea. She grabbed the remote and the TV. She flipped through the channels and found something to watch.
"Here, have a bite," she fed me a piece of her shortcake. "Haha, I'm guessing you want some cheesecake in return?" I laughed. "Like I said, we know each other so well!" She said as i fed her a bite of my cheesecake.
I was thinking, when i heard her start crying. I looked at her in shock,"WHAT?? WHATS WRONG???" "Look! look at the TV. that guy on the show just told her that he loves her, and that they'll always be together. forever. no matter what. but. You know what? He'll leave her in the end. He'll just call her and say that he's had a good time but he doesnt think that theyre meant to be!!" She said.
I grabbed her an pulled her into my arms, "It's okay Gui... You're fine. Dont cry over him, hes not worth it. Shhh..." I kissed her hair, and gently rocked her back and forth.
Soon she was sleeping, so I carried her to the bed and tucked her in. I stared at her for a while, there was so much longing for her in my heart... I bent down to kiss her forehead and then went to the couch and slept.