Chapter 6

Love Can Have Different Meanings

 

The Right Girl

I laid in bed for a while, not being able to fall asleep. Thinking about what GuiGui said I came to a decision. I was not her prince charming and her white horse, but… I was her knight and shining armor… I was something important in her life, and that was all I expected, I even expected less than what I was to her. As long as I was in her life, I could handle things. The chances seemed low, but she knew I was there in her life, and so maybe one day she would see me as everything this world could offer. All I needed to do was to win her heart. Happy with my decision I closed my eyes and drifted to a world that was only me and her…

I was disrupted in the morning my the ringing of my cell phone, GuiGui was calling. “Wei?” I answered sleepily.
“Rise and shine, sleeping beauty!!! Call the boys! We have some plans remember?”
“Yeah okay, can you come over to my room in like 10 minutes?” I asked
“Um how about 5? How long does it take a guy to get dressed?”
“Yeah okay. See you then” I said and hung up.
I got out of bed and got ready, in exactly 5 minutes there was a knock on my door. I went to open it to see her cheerful bright face smiling at me. “Good morning Ah Bu!” she exclaimed happily, “have you called the boys?”
“No not yet. I wanted to plan out what we were gonna do before I called.. So what is it that you would like to do today?”
“Hmmm… I haven’t eaten yet,” she giggled. “ Maybe we can go out to eat and then watch a movie or something. Then, we can go to the amusement park!”
“Sounds fun. Let me call them,” I said as I picked up the phone. “Hello? Wu Chun? Are you with the rest of them? Okay good… yeah… so I was thinking we could meet for breakfast and then go watch a movie and hit the amusement park. Sounds good. Okay, see you there.”
“where do they wanna eat?” she asked. “does Dim Sum sound okay?” I asked. (***I am currently craving dim sum right now… lol***)
“Yummy! I was craving that!!!” she said happily, “lets go! I'm starving!” We walked out of the hotel room when her phone rang. She looked at it and stopped in the middle of the hallway. “What?” I asked worried, even though I had an idea of what happened.
“He wants to know if we can hang out today…” she whispered.
“lemme guess… WangZi?” I asked. “yeah… What should I say?” she asked nervously.
“whatever you want to. If you want him to come along then, tell him to meet us. But you had the courage to turn him away yesterday so I'm sure you can do it again.” I said, though hoping that she would choose the second option. “Well… we have plans for today, and they don’t include him so I’ll tell him some other time.” She decided. I smiled inside and out, if she pushed him away from her physically, would that help mentally? Maybe then she would realize who was really right for her.
Her voice interrupted my train of thought, “He said we should get together on Sunday… and I stupidly said yes…” “Oh. Well that’s okay Gui, you’ll be fine…” I whispered.
”You’ll come with me right? I didn’t tell him you were coming but I can't go unless you're there!” she panted. At least she wanted me there to support her, “yeah… I will go with you. I’ll always be here remember…?”
”okay good.” She said as she linked arms with me. We headed to the car in silence. At this point I was so confused on what to do, should I give up? Should I pursue her? Should I just leave, and break the one promise that kept me in the car?
We pulled up to the restaurant, walked in and reserved a table for 5. Gui and I chatted while we waited for Jiro, Calvin, and Wu Chun. We saw them run through the door and run to the table. “Aw how’s the happy couple?” Jiro joked. I wanted to slap him but GuiGui’s answered surprised me, “Well… we are VERY happy!”
I think I stopped breathing.
As the food came around the 5 of us chit-chatted and joked around about the most random things. But when the topic of work came up things sort of changed…
“Well after you promote Pi Li MIT Aaron, we have to record the new album, promote it and go on tour!” Calvin explain happily, “I think we’re going to Japan this year too!”
“Cool! For how long?” I asked. “About a 2 months, we’ll be on tour.” Wu Chun answered.
GuiGui suddenly looked at me her eyes wide. “You're gonna… leave… for 2 months…” “Um yeah… I guess..?” I said nervously. “You’re gonna leave me? You said you’d be here always…” she demanded. “Whoa, GuiGui, calm down!” Jiro said, “Gui, he has to go to work too you know. Not that you aren’t important in his life because you ARE. Trust me.” He laughed. I kicked him underneath the table. “OUCH!!!!!!!!!” he yelled.
“What Jiro means is…” I tried to explain, “Gui, I will always be here for you. But I have to work you know? Don’t worry so much, the tour is till like 6 months away. You might already find you're prince charming by then!” I forced out of my mouth. “Yeah… sorry I over-reacted. I just don’t want you to leave me like… him…” she whispered quietly.
“Wow GuiGui, aaron is like a drug to you…” Wu Chun chuckled.
The awkwardness soon passed, and we were back to our normal selves, but in the back of my head I still pondered on why she wanted me so much.
we left the restaurant to go see a movie, Calvin chose the movie, knowing that I hate scary movies, he chose the scary one.
I kind of respected him for this though because Gui sat next me and whenever the movie got really scary she held my hand. I mostly starred at our intertwined hands when the scary scenes came.
The movie ended too early, but we set off for the amusement park. When we got there we tried to set up partners but there was odd amount so the only sure partners we me and GuiGui.
***
After our time at the amusement park we went pack to the hotel to order room service. Right after dinner, the guys left for an unexplained reason, though I knew they wanted me and Gui to be alone together.
“So, tell me something Gui…Do you think you're over him?”
“No... I was so sure if him, so sure of our life together, but it didn’t work out, and you know that… just hurts. I want to get over it, badly… but truthfully I think…. That if he wants me back, I’ll go back. Because I'm just an IDIOT. An idiot that’s madly in love with a jerk… he made me happy, at one time and so I can't just toss that happiness out the door! You know what I mean?”
“Yeah, sure…” I lied, heartbroken. “What about you Aaron? Have you found s special girl yet?” she asked me. “Yeah… I have… but the thing is I think that she’s… in love with another guy.” “Oh, what a foolish girl she is! To not notice you, the type of person that you are, I can't believe she doesn’t see you the same way that you see her.”
“Yeah… weird right?” I whispered.
“But Ah Bu, don’t give up on her. She’ll be yours one day, I guarantee. Fight for her, prove to her that YOU are the man of her dreams, and not… him.”
“Yeah… I will fight for her. I will win her heart.” I said confidently. “You will! Because I will be here every step of the way for you. By the way, whats her name?” she questioned.
“I’ll tell you when I'm ready… when I'm sure of her feelings. Kay?”
“Kay. But tell me soon.” She whispered as she laid her head on my shoulder and fell asleep.