Chapter 7

Knight in Shining Armor [JunShua]

"So tell us about yourselves. Are you on a big journey? Or a romantic vacation?" Mingyu asked as he picked up a spoonful of the soup he'd cooked. Joshua choked at Mingyu's words. "Nothing like that...we're actually just...", he trailed off as he looked back at Jun.

"We met by coincidence...I'm just getting him home", the blonde finished the prince's sentece. "How come you two live out here all alone?" Joshua questioned. Mingyu smiled and looked at Wonwoo. "We sort of fled from society. We got married a few years ago even though it's against the law. The king wanted to hang us so we decided to get out of the village for good", he explained. 

"You two are married? That's so cute", Joshua said. Wonwoo shurgged. "It's alright, I guess", he said. Mingyu fake pouted. "You're mean", he said. This time Wonwoo actually smiled a bit. 

"So you've lived here for so long? Hasn't the king ever sent anybody after you?" Jun asked. Mingyu shook his head. "I think he stopped caring at some point. He's an awful person...", he said. Joshua stared at his plate. "He is...", he agreed. 

Wonwoo looked from Joshua to Jun. "I think I know who you are!" he suddenly exclaimed, addressing Jun. He got up and left the room. The other three shot each other a few confused glances. 

Wonwoo came back with a big parchment poster and his gun. "Here!" he said and smashed it on the table. "Wonwoo, what is this?" Mingyu asked and leaned forward to get a better look at it. "I found it hanging on a tree when I went hunting earlier", Wonwoo said. Jun and Joshua looked at the parchment and then at each other.

"You're the king's most wanted man right now!" Wonwoo said to Jun, aiming his gun at him. The parchment showed the blonde's picture. It read WANTED Wen Junhui, Reward: 50 gold bars. "What did I do?" Jun exclaimed, genuinely surprised. 

Wonwoo pointed at the text beneath the picture with the tip of his shotgun. "Wanted for kidnapping the princess", Jun read quietly. He looked at Joshua again. "If you kidnapped the princess...where is she?" Mingyu asked, looking at Jun with wide eyes. 

Wonwoo raised his eyebrow at the blonde. "Right. Where is she? Did you kill her?" he questioned suspiciously. Joshua got up, causing Wonwoo to aim the gun at him instead. "He didn't kidnap or kill the princess. He saved her...or rather...me. I am Prince Joshua...there is no princess...just me", he said. 

Mingyu and Wonwoo stared at him for a minute. "Are you kidding?" Wonwoo finally spoke up. "Why would the king tell everyone that he had a daughter when it's not true?" Mingyu asked. Joshua sighed. "That's a long story but, please, you have to believe me! Why do you think the king never showed his 'daughter' to his kingdom?"

Neither of them could argue with that as Joshua had a point. They both seemed to accept it. Wonwoo lowered his gun. "So...you're the king's son?" he asked again. "I am. And Jun here is innocent. The king was the one who locked me up and now he wants to plame it on him", Joshua explained. "But why-"

Mingyu's question was cut off by a loud banging sound on the wooden door. "Open up", a male voice roared from outside.