Chapter 2

Knight in Shining Armor [JunShua]

Jun found a few berries after he got up the next morning. That was probably all there was for food but it was better than starving.

He started searching for the princess’ tower again. He wasn’t quite sure as to how he was going to find it since the forest was huge. He also didn’t know how to outsmart the ’heavily-secured’ issue.

Jun sighed. Why did people nowadays always have to kidnap princesses and lock them up? And how did they rent those goddamn towers?

Jun stopped in his tracks when he heard a rustling noise in the woods. He faced the direction of the noise, hoping that he wouldn’t run into more wolves. “You have got to be kidding...”, he mumbled when not a wolf but a warthog appeared.

It didn’t look aggressive but Jun would rather not stay to find out if it really wasn’t. He slowly began to back away, the warthog following him with curious eyes. “Back off!” he said, of course to no avail. The warthog kept following Jun who still walked backwards with his hands raised in front of him.

“Seriously, don’t you have...warthog things to do? Why are you-“ he got cut off when his back hit something. It felt like stone. Jun eyed the warthog carefully before he looked back and found – a tower. This warthog had basically pushed him into the right direction.

Jun turned back to look at the warthog in disbelief but it was no longer in front of him. The blonde looked around but the animal seemed to have disappeared magically. He eventually shrugged it off and faced the tower again.

This had to be it. His princess was up there, waiting for him to rescue her. Jun looked around for a door. “There has to be one somewhere...”, he mumbled to himself. He made his way around the tower and looked for a way to get inside. The only thing he found was a small window with bars in front of it. Seriously, who would put a window down there?

Jun shrugged again and began shaking the bars – they didn’t budge. The blonde cursed in his head. He probably needed something sharp to get past these bars.

~

“Your highness. We have found your horse on our search for the thief”, the troop leader informed the king. “What about the filthy rat that stole it?” the monarch asked. “We...we haven’t found him yet b-but sources told us that might be looking for your...I mean for the prin-“ “WHAT?” the king interrupted him furiously. “I want you to find him and make sure that he never even gets CLOSE to the tower!”