Chapter 12

Knight in Shining Armor [JunShua]

"Jun, I don't understand! Nobody's here...why-" "Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they aren't here", Jun interrupted him while he dragged him along by his hand. "Who?" Johsua questioned, out of breath, desperately attempting to keep up with Jun. 

"These little alleys are ruled by bad people who would kill to get their hands on anything that sells - including pretty, innocent boys like you", Jun explained, a certain bitterness laced in his voice. "But I'm the prince!" "I would keep that fact to myself, if I were you", the blonde advised without looking at him. 

Joshua shuddered at his words, deciding not to ask any further questions. He didn't know that the village seemed to be this dangerous. "We're almost there", Jun informed him.

They rounded a corner and Joshua started feeling shaky. He felt his heart beating rapidly in his chest as he was scared to run into some of those 'bad people' Jun had mentioned. 

A bar came into vision and he breathed out a sigh of relief. Jun all but burst through the door and finally came to a stop, still holding the prince's hand. 

"Sorry, we're closed", the bartender spoke up. He was scrubbing a glass with a bored expression and didn't seem interested who had entered as long as they left quietly.

"Hansol", Jun panted. The bartender named Hansol looked up at the familiar voice. "Jun? Why are you here? The whole village is on the look-out for you! They say you kidnapped..." Hansol's eyes landed on Joshua. "...the princess...who is he?" he questioned. 

"He's the princess", Jun said. Hansol's eyes widened. "That is not a princess, Jun", Hansol deadpanned. "What's going on here?"

Joshua let go of Jun's hand and stepped a little forward towards the counter. "My name is Joshua. I'm the prince of this kingdom. It's complicated", the prince said. Hansol still looked at them in utter confusion.  "So, you really did kidnap her...I mean, him?"

"I didn't kidnap anybody. I got him out of a tower in the woods. Listen, it's a very long story. Where's Soonyoung? I need to ask you two a favor", Jun switched subjects. 

Hansol put the glass down and went through a back door. Not even a minute later he came back with a slightly shorter black-haired guy on his trail. 

"Jun! Hansol said it was urgent. What do you need?" the guy said. "Yeah, I need you two to help me in order to get two friends of mine out of the king's dungeons", Jun said. Both, Soonyoung's and Hansol's jaws dropped. 

"How exactly are we supposed to do that?" Hansol questioned. "The first thing you need to do is to keep Joshua hidden here while I try to get in touch with one of the royal guards I know...", Jun informed them. 

Joshua looked at him. "Wait, you're going to the castle? What if somebody sees you?" he asked, audibly worried. "And how well do you know that guard? Are you sure you can trust him?" Soonyoung questioned.

"I know I can. He could help me get Mingyu and Wonwoo out somehow before they get hanged! And if I get caught or...anything else I could send him down here and you could figure something out together. We have to do something!" Jun exclaimed.

 "So, you want us to hide the prince while you, the king's most wanted man, head up to the castle to help your friends break out of the royal dungeons?" Hansol summarized. 

"Sounds insane", Soonyoung spoke up. His brows furrowed a second later. "Wait, prince?" he asked. "Yeah, the princess is a prince and it's him", Hansol quickly filled him in and pointed at Joshua. "Ah...", was Soonyoung's only comment. 

"Are you going to do it or not?" Jun questioned, slowly getting impatient. It was important to save Mingyu and Wonwoo as quickly as possible. He didn't know when the king would hang them if he decided not to believe in their innocence. 

Soonyoung and Hansol shared a short look before they both looked at Jun and Joshua. "We'll do it", Soonyoung said.